Nakani

norseman

I knew you'd get around to these videos. I am very fond of the narrator, Kelsey Crowe.

There is another video about this valley, but it may take me more than a few minutes to find it.

Edit: found it...

• Upvote 1

Thanks for sharing . Both of you .This is a good explanation as to many NA stories of man apes living among them.

Outcasts and rogue thought to be cursed  tribesman etc. Certainly not large man apes. :thumbsup:

Here is a 1947 article in Maclean's magazine, written by Pierre Berton:

https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1947/3/15/valley-of-mystery

EDIT: I don't know how well-known Berton is outside of Canada, but if you love to read about the north country, he's a name to know.

Edited by Nipissing
adding blurb about Pierre Berton

That third video I posted the other night was not the one I was looking for.

I thought it was this one, about Frank Graves and Ivan Sanderson, with Kelsey Crowe as the narrator.

The video I shared yesterday references the October 1974 issue of "Pursuit" magazine, Where Ivan Sanderson writes about the "Dire Wolf" at about 31:30.

I have that Pursuit issue (and all others) in PDF format. Note that there is a lot of Sasquatch info in that issue, including a letter from John Green about then recent sightings.

Here is that issue: Pursuit October 1974.pdf

The article about Thunderbirds is in Pursuit April 1972, mentioned at about 01:03:19.

Here is that issue: Pursuit April 1972.pdf

Disclaimer: I have not actually read these articles, but likely will do so in the near future.

20 hours ago, Doug said:

I loved those videos! Those people were a lot tougher and more adventurous than I ever was.

You ain't kidding!

An NFB short (18:36) from 1962:

https://www.nfb.ca/film/nahanni/

This short film focuses on the legend of a lost gold mine and a river in the Northwest Territories that lured men to their doom. Albert Faille, an aging prospector, set out time and again to find hidden gold. His route took him through the wild and awesome land particularly suited to the mood of this Canadian odyssey.

It touches briefly on the legends around the area, but its main worth is a glimpse into the forbidding geography of the area, and the difficulties in navigating the river. (also watching a 73-yr old man lug an outboard motor up a mile and quarter portage makes me feel like a soft southern lump)

BFF Patron
54 minutes ago, Nipissing said:

You ain't kidding!

An NFB short (18:36) from 1962:

https://www.nfb.ca/film/nahanni/

This short film focuses on the legend of a lost gold mine and a river in the Northwest Territories that lured men to their doom. Albert Faille, an aging prospector, set out time and again to find hidden gold. His route took him through the wild and awesome land particularly suited to the mood of this Canadian odyssey.

It touches briefly on the legends around the area, but its main worth is a glimpse into the forbidding geography of the area, and the difficulties in navigating the river. (also watching a 73-yr old man lug an outboard motor up a mile and quarter portage makes me feel like a soft southern lump)

Shoot I thought lugging/tag-teaming a 100 lb rock drill on my shoulder up Spivey Gap/AT in the Appalachians was tuff at 36. 

Thanks for the videos they were very enjoyable. I love listening to folklore and you never know how true it may be. But knowing what I know now I believe that it may all be true. 

• 3 weeks later...