Can we corroborate the stride length seen in the film with the length measured onesite?

ShadowBorn

^^ Maybe it might not have nothing to do with height but more to do with mass ^^

Patterson-Gimlin
9 hours ago, SweatyYeti said:

Sure, Bob Gimlin has given estimates of Patty's height, over the years. 

From what I recall, I think his early estimate was around 6 - 6 1/2 feet. That would have been Patty's 'walking height'. 

On Arthur c. Clarkes show mysterious world in 1980  he said between 6 and 7  foot tall. 

On 2/28/2020 at 7:49 AM, Twist said:

Any hostility I may display towards you is solely based on past interactions with you and has no bearing on my belief in BF.   

Don't let it bother you. He has issues with anyone that disagrees with him . Proponents and skeptics/scoftics  alike.

8 hours ago, norseman said:

post-735-0-66102000-1444964748.jpg

Patty’s walking height is taller than 6.5 feet. Jim McClarin is 6.5 feet. And I know some of you don’t like this comparison. Well I think it lines up better than other comparisons I have seen by far.

I agree. Man ,mime or beast . 7 footer no doubt. 

Patterson-Gimlin
13 hours ago, Huntster said:

Whose slab?

Great question. Any suggestions ?

Huntster
12 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Great question. Any suggestions ?

The only slab I can think of would be Dr. Meldrums. The trick would be getting a very smelly, very large carcass to him without getting caught by authorities.

I have a very strong suspicion that nobody on this forum other than Norseman and I has moved a whole carcass of something as large as a moose or domestic cow. Of all the countless dead moose I've moved, I can only remember three I moved whole, and that was because conditions were perfect. Of those three, only one was done when nobody else saw. If the other two were sasquatches, and if people then had cell phones like today, I would have had tv reporters and police on me well before I could get the carcass to Meldrum. 

lynching.jpg

• Upvote 1
gigantor
5 minutes ago, Huntster said:

The trick would be getting a very smelly, very large carcass to him without getting caught by authorities.

I don't think you would need to deliver the entire carcass, chopping off the head and a foot should suffice, IMO.

• Upvote 1
SweatyYeti
1 minute ago, gigantor said:

I don't think you would need to deliver the entire carcass, chopping off the head and a foot should suffice, IMO.

I wouldn't suggest bringing the head to the Official Scientist, gigantor.  I think it'd be better to keep the (human-like) head for a Trophy, instead.  :) 

Huntster
Just now, gigantor said:

One would think. But in this age of denial, I'm not so convinced, especially if the rest of the carcass was not deliverable or disappeared. 

hiflier

Has Dr. Meldrum ever been to the Ashland, OR USFW forensics lab? Because I'm thinking that Dr. Sykes HAS been there. So tell Sykes what you have and invite him back to the US. Since he has been to the lab and they know him? It would be interesting to see how it would play out if he was the one who took a sample to the lab. Would anything come of it?

It would be a trial of sorts to see if the truth was being buried, and who was doing the burying. This, of course, would be for someone dumb enough to have a specimen without securing a safe place in advance to take it for testing.

SWWASAS

I would not trust delivering all of a body to one place.     Way too convenient for some state or federal official to confiscate everything.      The problem for me with Meldrum is that he is in Idaho.  That means I have to cross state lines with something undefined.      Is it ape or human?    How many laws have I broken crossing state lines?    Meldrum  could not tell you just by looking.    He is not a geneticist either.   So off some of the sample goes to some genetics lab someplace.     I think it better to keep the sample in your state, use local university PHDs,  and get them and the state invested in protecting credit for the discovery.   They could help dealing with state authorities.   I certainly would tell Meldrum who I gave it to and send him pictures.  Document the hell out of what you have before you tell anyone.   Measurements,  weigh if possible,   many many pictures.  All the stuff you wish P/G did after filming Patty.  We don't need another 50 years of discussion about what you really had before it was taken away.  

Might be a good idea to stash parts in two or three different places in freezers.     Someplace you rented just for this.  Your home or other property is the first place that would be searched.    Do a Smedja with what you do not take to Meldrum or your local university biologists.    Just say you left the rest in the woods because it was too big to carry out.   That might prevent authorities from searching for what is left of it.  When they find nothing but a bloody spot on the ground say it must have been dragged off by scavengers or its relatives.   

The whole thing is so messy and with legal traps,  I want no part of it.  With my claustrophobia jail would kill me.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Thanks 1
Twist

I've helped move a lot of dead cows and a few horses, neither are exactly easy if you do not have the right equipment.   I cant imagine

trying to do it secretly from the deep woods.   Credit to those of you getting those large moose out whole!

Gigantofootecus

trackstep.jpg.5f5d9f84941a4659be7f09453ff9e280.jpg

If you believe Patty made the tracks then this should be good enough. If not, I can show how the step length is corroborated by Patty's height (if you believe the foot ruler).

Edited by Gigantofootecus
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
norseman
6 hours ago, Twist said:

I've helped move a lot of dead cows and a few horses, neither are exactly easy if you do not have the right equipment.   I cant imagine

trying to do it secretly from the deep woods.   Credit to those of you getting those large moose out whole!

The hind quarters go on one mule. The front quarters go on another plus the head and rack. I’ve never packed out an Moose only Elk.

(Not my mules)

014F4D51-1CFE-4360-8C6E-23A2D1D9B5C0.jpeg

Huntster
20 hours ago, SWWASAS said:

........The problem for me with Meldrum is that he is in Idaho.  That means I have to cross state lines with something undefined.      Is it ape or human?    How many laws have I broken crossing state lines?.......

The mere possession of a sasquatch carcass in Alaska kicks that problem up into virtually guaranteed crime. Since the federal government owns 75% of all Alaskan lands, you most likely killed the thing on federal land. Movement of the carcass into or through Canada is an automatic violation of CITES, at the very least. 

Backdoc
On 2/29/2020 at 9:55 AM, OkieFoot said:

Backdoc, I don't know if this really helps you or not with the underlined parts but I thought I'd go ahead and reply to you anyway.

This is copied from a writeup on the 2010 Texas Bigfoot Conference where Bob Gimlin was a featured speaker. It's part of the second paragraph below the picture of Patty. I've posted this a few years ago on here.

"I was, and always have been, more interested in the stride length of the creature. Gimlin said the length of the stride from toe to heel varied from 42"-46". This indicates a very large individual made the track way. Keep in mind that the creature was walking, albeit briskly, and not running. I stand 6'3" in height and my stride length on a flat surface is 29"-31" when walking briskly. What I hadn't heard before is that the stride length changed once the creature was out of site of the pair. Gimlin stated that, based on prints found at the site, the stride increased to over 60" in length shortly before ascending the embankment. Gimlin speculated that the creature started to run at this point." 

(this is a little later in the same paragraph:)"All of these numbers were verified later by the likes of Bob Titmus, John Greene, et al."

http://texascryptidhunter.blogspot.com/2010/11/bob-gimlin-at-2010-texas-bigfoot.html

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the tracks were actually verified by others. If Gimlin had a tape measure- great.  If he didn't but just estimated it, sounds like others who did verified his general findings pretty close.  

I don't know if Lyle Laverty mentions any general impression of seeing a longer than usual stride length as an additional observer.

Either way, sounds like we got the numbers.

OkieFoot
20 hours ago, Backdoc said:

Thanks for the info!

Sounds like the tracks were actually verified by others. If Gimlin had a tape measure- great.  If he didn't but just estimated it, sounds like others who did verified his general findings pretty close.  

I don't know if Lyle Laverty mentions any general impression of seeing a longer than usual stride length as an additional observer.

Either way, sounds like we got the numbers.

The last sentence in the write up that you bolded in my other post, about the numbers having been verified by others, is a big reason why this write up stuck in my mind. They weren't just estimates or educated guesses but were said to be verified, and by more than one person. 

Something I still don't know is how the smiley face got in that last sentence. It wasn't intentional and I waited too long to edit.

Edited by OkieFoot
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic