SweatyYeti

Patty's Mouth Moves

SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti,

In image on right, notice there seems to be a scratch/line that runs from right nostril, near straight down to bottom left corner of image.

It crosses down at right corner of subjects mouth at cheek. Not sure if that is the crease you're talkin' bout, but I think it might be ?

Pat...

Yeah, that's the line/apparent crease that I mentioned in one of my earlier posts, Pat. Good job of observin'...as usual! ;)

PBeaton

Here are Frames 362 and 364...the Cibachrome versions....and Patty's mouth appears to move...

Ciba362C364AG11.gif

In Frame 362, Patty's mouth closes tighter, and her lower lip pulls-up.

This is Frame 362...with the contrast increased...

Frame362Contrast1.jpg

Also visible in that Frame is a line running from the corner of the nose, down to the edge of the lips. It becomes stronger in this frame...as normally happens, when the ends of the mouth/lips are pulled back, and upwards.

If Patty's mouth moves.....she's real. :)

SweatyYeti,

The line appears to be a scratch on film. It goes from right nostril, down to corner of mouth as you noticed, but it continues straight on down across shoulder to corner of image.

Pat...

SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti,

The line appears to be a scratch on film. It goes from right nostril, down to corner of mouth as you noticed, but it continues straight on down across shoulder to corner of image.

Pat...

Make that an excellent job of 'observin', Pat! :huh: You sure have a good eye, for noticing details. Fortunately, that doesn't negate the changing shape of her lips.

I'll be working more with these two Frames, to see how clearly I can bring out the differences, in the mouth area.

PBeaton

SweatyYeti,

Agreed, her mouth does appear change. A fine job observin' yourself SweatyYeti, good eye..good eye ! :thumbsup:

Cheers !

Pat...

parnassus

Looks like his "rug" is flapping!!!

But seriously I agree with Bill Munns.

SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti,

Agreed, her mouth does appear change. A fine job observin' yourself SweatyYeti, good eye..good eye ! :thumbsup:

Cheers !

Pat...

Thanks, Pat... :) It's really the power of these stabilized animations...they bring out a lot of details, especially movements/changes between frames.

Edited by SweatyYeti

wolftrax

And the debris changes shape as well?

362364backcheck.gif

• Upvote 1

SweatyYeti

Sweaty, I can see the movement better now with the addition of the other GIF posted.

I'm glad to hear that, Kerchak. :)

You are onto something very interesting.

It sure is. It certainly deserves more.. looking... GlassEyesAndOnions1.jpg

....into. Here are the two images, with the contrast increased a bit...

Frame362Frame364FaceComp3-1.jpg

It's fascinating that it's the small details about the PGF that further cement it's authenticity. Why was Roger clever enough to bother with%

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti,

Cheers !

Pat...

I think that Sweaty knows more about the PGF than anyone else here. He has taken the film apart and put it back together again going frame by frame.

Bill is also an expert on the film and he posts a good bit about the film also.

IMHO those 2 men are the most familiar and knowledgeable about the PGF here on these forums.

Crowlogic

I think that Sweaty knows more about the PGF than anyone else here. He has taken the film apart and put it back together again going frame by frame.

Bill is also an expert on the film and he posts a good bit about the film also.

IMHO those 2 men are the most familiar and knowledgeable about the PGF here on these forums.

I tend to agree.

SweatyYeti

Thank you...Susi and Crow, for your positive comments... :) I always appreciate them.

Bill has done a great amount of work, on the Film...and made some important discoveries. The most significant, I think, is the multiple stoppages of the camera by Roger, as he was filming. I think that aspect of the film has a lot of potential for giving us an insight into Roger's 'thought process'/motivation, while he was filming.

Myself...I've just caught the 'MK Davis' bug... :blink: ....I'm scouring over the Film Frames, everyday...looking for any and all details that can be found.

Actually, speaking of scouring....look what I just found on the internet...CLEAR PROOF that Patty is "the real thing"...

PattyClassof67B.jpg

SweatyYeti

I was very interested in this thread, but saw that the mouth movement noted appeared to possibly be in sync with the overall head movement between frames.

So, I split the animation into separate frames, then stabilized the images on Patty's eyes. As you can see below, once the face is stabilized, the mouth movement is smaller, but still seems to be there - particularly the corners of the mouth drawing down slightly.

The mouth and brow movement could be there, or could be film imperfections or variation - Bill, you may know more about that than I do (because I really don't know anything about film!)

I would love to hear some opinions on this now that the face is stabilized.

3RDpn.gif

I slowed-down your gif, Harry...(to .4 seconds per Frame....from '0' seconds)...and didn't change anything else about it...

HarrysFaceAG1.gif

....and now, in addition to some lip/mouth movement, we can see the left and right eyebrows lifting-up.

For a 'Stiff Mask'....that thing sure gets around.

Edited by SweatyYeti

SweatyYeti

A slightly different version...

VLF362F364FaceAG3.gif

Edited by SweatyYeti

Guest HairyGreek

A slightly different version...

VLF362F364FaceAG3.gif

When the brow rises...it almost looks like concern. It is kind of sad actually.

Guest Kerchak

When the brow rises...it almost looks like concern. It is kind of sad actually.

Or maybe it's a "yeah, you want some? Come any closer and you'll get some". :o