Expedition recommendation?

gunner1977

Hello fellow BF members.  I am seriously considering taking a BFRO expedition this coming summer and wondered if anyone here has taken one, or can recommend a really good group/chapter to inquire with ?  By good I mean one that consistently has activity .  Thanks for any help.

I don't know how that's even possible . 

2 hours ago, gunner1977 said:

Hello fellow BF members.  I am seriously considering taking a BFRO expedition this coming summer and wondered if anyone here has taken one, or can recommend a really good group/chapter to inquire with ?  By good I mean one that consistently has activity .  Thanks for any help.

I would like to know how that's even possible . When  I inquired about one they go out in groups with a couple of group leaders . 

They knock on trees and might try call blasting in areas they claim the creatures live.  No firearms allowed and they never really go off the beaten path from what they told me.

I'm also interested in some of the responses you get in this thread .

3 hours ago, gunner1977 said:

Whereabouts are you looking to go? 

Yeah, what part of the country are you looking to do this in?

@NathanFooter is the only member who I can recall who has been involved with these expeditions.  There may be others, but I don't remember seeing anyone else discuss it recently.  He might be able to point you in the right direction.

Thanks for the replys guys.  I'm new here but I sense a pretty good bunch of members.  I am open to any location really.  I think BFRO has a negative image with many folks, so I tried to tread lightly when making this post.   Just not that many options unless one wants to go it alone.

7.62 if you visit the BFRO website and check out their various upcoming expeditions, there are some leaders who consistently see activity.  Is it fact ?  I can't say.  That's the purpose of my post and inquiry.  

47 minutes ago, gunner1977 said:

Thanks for the replys guys.  I'm new here but I sense a pretty good bunch of members.  I am open to any location really.  I think BFRO has a negative image with many folks, so I tried to tread lightly when making this post.   Just not that many options unless one wants to go it alone.

7.62 if you visit the BFRO website and check out their various upcoming expeditions, there are some leaders who consistently see activity.  Is it fact ?  I can't say.  That's the purpose of my post and inquiry.  

I think it's much better in a group setting than going out by yourself at night. When I inquired they told me all the activity if found happens at night.

@gunner1977

Admittedly, I don't know your location or anything about your ability to go out into the woods yourself...but, if you are seeking activity you will have a much better chance if you go with a smaller group.  

I would check out the SSR, see if there is an area around you that has a history of sightings, and hit the woods....

8 hours ago, gunner1977 said:

I would do a web search to see if there are Bigfoot groups in your area other than BFRO.  If there are, the good thing is you can probably get out on several expeditions and be shown areas of local interest.  

You can do also check FB as there are groups that do not have a website but have an active BF page.  I'd prefer to go to a BRFO than sit home but I'd rather go to a local BF group than BRFO.  I would not sit home alone as I would be out backpacking into the special areas of interest and activity. 

• Upvote 1

@gunner1977

The BFRO is not that bad as far as going out with them in expeditions. Since you will get to learn a lot if it is your first time Bigfooting. It all depends on who the leaders are that takes you out on the expeditions. As far as being in a hot area or hot zone well that all depends on the creatures. We can all say that yes they will be in this certain area and yet there will be nothing there. In other words there are no guarantee 's that you will have a encounter. I guess what might be good is that you get to meet like minded people that you can now network with. People that you might want to have around and do your own exploring with .

The other route depends on how confident you feel about your skills and going on your own or with people you know. To search these creatures on your own and having the ultimate experience.  

Gunner, I have heard a lot of good things about the Kiamichi Mountain Adventures expeditions, out of Honobia, Oklahoma. They usually have activity, SE Oklahoma & especially those mountains are pretty well known for plenty of activity & sightings. I found them on Facebook, you can search for their web site as well. There are several groups on Facebook that do expeditions or know of where to find them. Look up this group: Native Oklahoma Bigfoot Research Organization, headed up by Troy Hudson, on Facebook. Plenty of activity in Texas as well, the Facebook T.A.A.P.S. group is outstanding & I think they're planning a night time camp out pretty soon. Good luck, lots of activity, just gotta look for it. Facebook is a great place to network & find like minded people. There are some crazies sprinkled about for sure, but also many serious groups you can hook up with.  

Edited by Mizzy D
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, gunner1977 said:

Although I feel I have moved beyond the BFRO, I have had a lot of experiences and made great friends at BFRO expeditions. I have decided I never again want to sign a BFRO non-disclosure agreement.

I was at every BFRO expedition in Iowa since 2014 and we had experiences at every one..

I don't know your location, but my friends will be in Wisconsin (Bob Barhite) and Missouri (Ron Boles) this year, and I feel there is an outstanding chance for BF activity at either location. I don't know enough about other locations to be able to make any predictions.

If you haven't been on any expeditions, then I suggest doing at least one. You may have amazing encounters, but if that doesn't happen, you can still meet great friends.

Beyond the BFRO, I have heard that KBRO (Kentucky) also has has some amazing expeditons.

Thanks again all.  Some great suggestions and recommendations.  I will definitely do a BFRO expedition even if I hook up with a smaller group beforehand.  Like said, the friendships and contact made are well worth it.

7 hours ago, langfordbc said:

Todd Standing only charges $3500 per person for his expeditions...

Or you can go out and do it yourself, Standing is widely seen as a fraud and thus would be a waste of cash.

• Upvote 1