Expedition recommendation?

gunner1977

I certainly don't have the cash to blow on an expedition, but it's been really valuable to me to find other folks who have been doing this a long time and give good advice. Its hard doing this all on your own. I like talking with like minded people; discussing sasquatch and all things related is one of my favorite topics. It's nice when those folks have experience. I think if you find a group leader that you like and have heard good things about - go for it. Use it as a starting point for your own research. 

I agree with wii - most of our stuff has been near water, though not all. Then again, water is never in short supply here in Oregon! 

Edited by Madison5716

16 hours ago, norseman said:

No. I caught it. It goes without saying.... but it’s not just Standing.

Not just him, but he's a known fraud with the gall to charge as much as he does. It's shameful.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Was the sighting recorded and you viewed it?

The thermal did not have recording capabilities., but it was seen by about 3 others, I believe. The group had been broken up into several teams, and it was one of those teams which viewed it. I was in a different area, about 5 km away, at the time, getting screamed at by a barred owl responding to one of my howls.

3 hours ago, starchunk said:

Not just him, but he's a known fraud with the gall to charge as much as he does. It's shameful.

I do not know the laws of Canada. Caveat Emptor.

6 minutes ago, norseman said:

I do not know the laws of Canada. Caveat Emptor.

And J.P. Morgan once said something something

On 2/27/2020 at 7:48 AM, gunner1977 said:

Hello fellow BF members.  I am seriously considering taking a BFRO expedition this coming summer and wondered if anyone here has taken one, or can recommend a really good group/chapter to inquire with ?  By good I mean one that consistently has activity .  Thanks for any help.

I work with the western BFRO chapter that operates from in OR, WA and ID.   Send me a PM should you be interested in hearing about expedition opportunities. 

4 hours ago, cmknight said:

The thermal did not have recording capabilities., but it was seen by about 3 others, I believe. The group had been broken up into several teams, and it was one of those teams which viewed it. I was in a different area, about 5 km away, at the time, getting screamed at by a barred owl responding to one of my howls.

Thanks

I know it's never proof on thermal but I've been trying to get one on video for the past few years . That's why I made sure I bought a thermal that also records video .

5 hours ago, starchunk said:

For me, the especially hard part to reconcile is that a demonstrated fraud charging an exorbitant fee for an "expedition", may actually be providing a reasonable chance at a legitimate experience. Todd isn't genuine but by many accounts, the area he goes to, is.

6 hours ago, 7.62 said:

Thanks

I know it's never proof on thermal but I've been trying to get one on video for the past few years . That's why I made sure I bought a thermal that also records video .

I hear ya!! About a month or two after that expedition, I picked up a Scout TK, with both picture and video capabilities. The only thing I don't like about it is the built-in battery. It takes forever to charge, and if you don't use the unit, the battery self-drains.

On 3/4/2020 at 1:25 PM, NathanFooter said:

I work with the western BFRO chapter that operates from in OR, WA and ID.   Send me a PM should you be interested in hearing about expedition opportunities. 

I strongly recommend you work with Nathan.  I was just waiting for his reply.  He is as good as it gets in this field.

Edited by NCBFr

SSR Team

1 hour ago, Somerset said:

Is it worth me coming all the way from the UK for one of these things?

Go for it, you'll enjoy.

Tap Nathan up (he posted above) and get to one of the Pacific Northwest ones, it's one of the most beautiful places on the planet.

You can get flights in to Seattle pretty cheap right now out of Heathrow.

Give me a shout if you need any further info..;)

• Like 1

https://sites.google.com/site/nativeokbigfootresearch/

This group does outings with people... Usually around Honobia, Oklahoma..I became friends with the guy who runs it when the sheriff called him and asked if  he could visit my property..Troy Hudson is his name, he's 20 plus year police vet, and first responder...I know they carry, and allow it if you have the permit... But I think the law on concealed carry or open carry has changed.

BFF Patron
On 3/2/2020 at 8:33 PM, langfordbc said:

Todd Standing only charges $3500 per person for his expeditions...

He probably has to pay the guy he stole the research area from an honorarium along with attorney fees.  This is the same guy that copied a film scene from a movie then cut and pasted said scene into a faux reality video at night using flares as he's spinning around pretending he's being attacked by a BF.  Don't go into the woods with fools--even though some well known BF researcher dupes have, no matter what the chance of encountering the target species, it just ain't worth the risk!

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, bipedalist said:

He probably has to pay the guy he stole the research area from an honorarium along with attorney fees.  This is the same guy that copied a film scene from a movie then cut and pasted said scene into a faux reality video at night using flares as he's spinning around pretending he's being attacked by a BF.  Don't go into the woods with fools--even though some well known BF researcher dupes have, no matter what the chance of encountering the target species, it just ain't worth the risk!

Which film are you speaking of? I hadn't heard that before and am just wondering.

I'd like to say that part of "Discovering Bigfoot" was beyond ridiculous and I don't know how anybody could believe it's actually real - but that might imply the rest of it was any better...