COVID-19 and BF

WSA

Keeping calm and applying a little common sense could go a long ways..and probably staying off the lame stream media over hype playing on people's fear.

Besides, wouldn't people really freak out to discover it was the squatches that turned this loose as phase 1 of the take overB)

I'm on hiatus until the end of May. We are running out of PPE here for healthcare workers. I had an idea of what to do in a pinch if you need a mask, tell me what you think......

1. Make a cloth mask out of dish towels, just like a regular surgical mask, except it has a two layers to form a pocket.

2. Cut up vacuum cleaner bags in a rectangle shape that will slide into the pocket and can be removed as often as needed and replaced during the work day. ( those vacuum cleaner bags don't let dust particles out, I figure it won't let the corona virus in if it is sandwiched between two layers of cloth. )

Do you think it's a viable option?

I have too much time on my hands, I know.

13 minutes ago, CallyCat said:

.......I had an idea of what to do in a pinch if you need a mask, tell me what you think......

1. Make a cloth mask out of dish towels........

A medical assistant told me the other day that somebody was making masks out of very tightly woven fabrics like women's underwear. They're very popular.

........I have too much time on my hands, I know.

Yeah. Me, too.

Here is a tip for you ladies out there that I have had to adopt in order to conserve toilet paper. I void, take a squirt bottle and rinse, then hit it with the blow dryer. That way , just like the men, I only need TP for BM's. 

Now that most of the US population is staying home unless necessary to go out, has anyone been noticing wild animals in places not normally seen? Maybe more coyotes, deer, moose or bear showing up in urban areas. I remember saying that our own general absence from wild habitats may result in Sasquatches noticing we're not around. I proposed that the creatures would venture farther out from their remote hideaways and that the uptick may be more personal encounters closer to Human-inhabited locations and perhaps along roads. I'm sure such an intelligent creature would notice the change is fairly short order.

I would perhaps make sense to eve surmise that without Human pressures at past higher levels that there may even be a tendency for Sasquatches to produce more offspring? I would say that this may be a good time to put your trail cameras up around any rural properties and even begin to use those thermal imagers more locally. It doesn't take for long for animals to fill spaces left empty by Humans.  

Edited by hiflier

BFF Patron

The  Portland morning news had a picture of a big cougar prowling a womans back yard someplace in the Portland area.   She had seen it more than once.  DNR showed up with a dog but could not locate the cat.     The woods are pretty quiet now based on what I saw the other day.    BF has to wonder where we all went.  

• Upvote 1

Unless the government knows something we don't, why close down the national forests.Are they trying to protect bigfoot? (tongue in cheek) I can see closing a National Park because of the amount of people that are always in the parks. I can see closing developed campgrounds. 

https://crosscut.com/2020/04/national-forest-trailheads-close-after-stay-home-prompts-rush-outdoors

Unless this flood of people to the outdoors is also flooding nearby towns, what is the point. They also shut down fishing in Washington state. Again, what is the point. For me fishing or spending time in the outdoors is either a family or individual pursuit. It's easy to practice social distancing. In SW WA you can't access the forest for dispersal camping even. I can see closing developed campgrounds. But that's easy, in the NF they all have gates. 

One of the excuses they use in the article above is for public safety, meaning someone may injure themselves. But that is always a possibility whenever people are in the outdoors . It's not a reason to shut things down except to add more controls to the population as far as I can see. 

BFF Patron

I am terrified of using a public restroom because of the risk so that might be part of closing stuff down.   The fishing thing is likely because of the restroom issue at boat launches.      .    Closing golf courses makes no sense either since the sport requires distance between players.   In the mean time city kids are likely out playing basketball with contact and no one dare say anything because of ethnic issues.  

The way I feel about it is, use a little common sense. Don't use the public restrooms. Stay out of campgrounds. But there is absolutely no logical reason to lock up the national forest. I haven't used a developed campground in years. 

Admin

This thread is so far off topic and getting into politics, it means it's done.

You guys can open another one about COVID-19 in the campfire chat and please stay off politics.

• gigantor locked this topic