How to Hunt

10 hours ago, 7.62 said:

New post , Steve said he had to resubmit  it.

Edited by 7.62

Those pics were really interesting. I thought the first one looked bogus as if someone used the Legend of Boggy Creek poster as inspiration but what do I know. Mr. Lam, a skeptic, said it’s a guy wearing football pads. As for that white creature image...what the heck?? It looks vaguely familiar, but I can’t put my finger on why. On one hand I agree with his thoughts on the feet not being a hoax, but if I was gonna hoax in a serious way that’s exactly how I’d do it. I’d hold my cards..or pics...close and keep everyone wanting more. 

As for the carcasses in trees could this simply be undocumented mountain lion behavior? 

It’s funny how technology is to the point where everybody and his brother has a phone camera but we also have digital manipulation to deal with. It’s like we’re back at square one circa 1967. Two steps forward, two steps back. 

The first pick of what looks like a sasquatch looks bogus to me. The subject looks familiar, like I have seen that subject else where and not in that photo. The second one is creepy as heck and doesn't look to be a sasquatch and the last photo looks like the foot of a shaved bear in front and a shaved canine in the back.

39 minutes ago, Doug said:

The first pick of what looks like a sasquatch looks bogus to me. The subject looks familiar, like I have seen that subject else where and not in that photo. The second one is creepy as heck and doesn't look to be a sasquatch and the last photo looks like the foot of a shaved bear in front and a shaved canine in the back.

Bear have five clawed toes so not that. The trail cam blurry shot with 2 other shadows looks a bit like a video game critter but you know, we could come up with alternatives for just about everything. Context means a lot. No photo means squat-ch to the distant observer but if I actually pulled that off of an sd card in my cam it would mean a lot to me. I imagine phones comprise the bulk of "cameras" out there but most if not all lack the ability to shoot raw or dng which is what everyone with any hope or possibility of capturing one on camera should be using. Those files can be manipulated but it takes quite a bit of work. Probably why I should be carrying my 1982 state-of-the-art Canon F1N, 5fps AE motor drive and silver salted celluloid in the field, not that it'll mean much either....

Thanks for the heads up @7.62 I wasn't aware of the live feed.

A little uneventful .

The only one that seemed crazy was the white creature on the trail cam. I know I haven't seen that floating around on the web .

Too bad he didn't give more of a back story of that . He said researchers came to help the property owners but refused to stay the night.

That sounds a little made up to me .

6 hours ago, Lam90 said:

......As for the carcasses in trees could this simply be undocumented mountain lion behavior?.......

Excellent point, I wondered that too, and the first pic of the buck in the tree limbs looked just how I would expect a cat to put a carcass. But the second pic was a bit different. The deer was put on the top of a very tall stump, as the top of the tree was broken off. I can't imagine how a cat would even put it there, not to mention how he would dine afterwards. Of all the pics on that video, that second pic of the deer on the tree top looked the most credible to me. But if that's sasquatch behavior, I still wonder why it's done? Both cougar and black bear would have no problem at all getting it down to devour, so why would a supposedly smart sasquatch put them up there ?

I've just finished reading about eight articles on cougars, and the four that mentioned their feeding habits re larger prey all say that after initial feeding,  the cats hide the carcass by covering it with available debris and stay nearby until it is consumed or spoiled. The only exception noted was in Grand Canyon National Park, where males consume their favorite parts and abandon the rest. They don't bury the carcasses and there is no mention of placing them in trees. If Bigfoot is responsible for using trees as a larder, possibly other predators avoid the carcasses because we all know messin' with Sasquatch doesn't pay.

The picture of the bigfoot walking looks like a cut out stand. Looks just like the stickers you see everywhere. That one looks bogus to me, HOWEVER the arm and leg lengths look good. Not sure if the cut outs have that detail right. 

The white creaure and other two shadows ... if that's real, I feel for that family. 

The feet. WTH. Dogman, I'd guess? Why do the feet look different from each other?

Good video.

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

The feet. WTH. Dogman, I'd guess? Why do the feet look different from each other?

I gather that the toes are scrunched in on the rearward foot? A dewclaw is visible on that one.

9 hours ago, Airdale said:

......... If Bigfoot is responsible for using trees as a larder, possibly other predators avoid the carcasses because we all know messin' with Sasquatch doesn't pay.

An interesting consideration is the contrast on black bear and grizzly behavior with their spoils. Grizzlies foul theirs by urinating on it, and they bury it with soil and foliage. They often then lay right on top of it to protect it. I've actually witnessed that vcd exact behavior. If they don't lay directly on it, they aren't far away. Stumbling on the scene means big trouble for man or beast alike.

I now wonder about those two pics? If a sasquatch put those bucks up there, it's coming back. Or he's not very far away.........

Great place to set up a pair of game cams..........

• Upvote 1

I am sort of surprised Steve did not mention the possibility of winter killed deer that got snagged in trees after snow melted out from under it. To know if that is possible you would of course have to know the actual snowfall for the season  for the vicinity of where the photo was shot, and the height of the carcass.  I am not thinking  BF caches its kills .  Something with hands has the evolutionary advantage of dismembering a kill and transporting whatever might be left back to wherever it needs it to be handy for later consumption.    

13 hours ago, Huntster said:

Excellent point, I wondered that too, and the first pic of the buck in the tree limbs looked just how I would expect a cat to put a carcass. But the second pic was a bit different. The deer was put on the top of a very tall stump, as the top of the tree was broken off. I can't imagine how a cat would even put it there, not to mention how he would dine afterwards. Of all the pics on that video, that second pic of the deer on the tree top looked the most credible to me. But if that's sasquatch behavior, I still wonder why it's done? Both cougar and black bear would have no problem at all getting it down to devour, so why would a supposedly smart sasquatch put them up there ?

I wondered if the second carcass was initially in a bed of limbs like the other one and as the limbs broke off it ended up weirdly perched on the point of the tree. 

Back to the first carcass though, in looking again those limbs don’t look big enough to hold the weight of two large animals (big cat and prey). I think Steve pointed that out. I wouldn’t feel safe on them even without the extra weight of a dead animal. Leopards climb into trees with their prey and are the smallest of the big cats and live in every environment, but then I start to wonder which is likely; escaped leopards everywhere, Bigfoot, undocumented mountain lion behavior, snow melt? 

Assuming it’s a Sasquatch, I suppose they could mark the area to keep other predators away. I think Sasquatch would be at the top of the forest hierarchy. Maybe something happened to prevent it from returning for its meal.

Good find, @Rlee!! 

I don’t see two legs on that white creature. Tripod monster? I see ears and eyes. The head reminds me of a buffalo. Bigfoot, subspecies tripod, Buffalo variant. 

Edited by Lam90

10 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

The picture of the bigfoot walking lo9ks like a cut out stand. Looks kust like the stickers you see everywhere. That one looks bogus to me, HOWEVER the arm and lwg lengths look good. Not sure if the cut outs have that detail right. 

The white creaure and other two shadows ... if that's real, I feel for that family. 

Good video.

I only glanced at this video last night, but I have the same impression as you concerning the one image.  

It looks exactly like one of those life-sized cutouts that you see everywhere nowadays.

• gigantor featured this topic
  • gigantor unfeatured this topic