How to Hunt

He also just flat out needs to keep content coming to hold interest.  That is probably a big reason for questionable pics being shown.   Can’t go losing that interest he’s gained!

I popped into the forum of a well known Sasquatch podcast to take a look around...

It seems that every other recent thread on there is concerning Howtohunt.  It's split between people who think that he is some sort of Bigfoot Messiah and those who are offended by his mannerisms or because he insulted their favorite pet researcher.  

He is definitely making waves in the community. 

• Like 1

I don't see anything about him trying to contact and F&W or any other scientist in academia. Why not? Is he afraid? Because personally I don't give a rat's behind what he's pushing for methodology, without scientific corroboration or support he may as well running a podcast on Leprechauns. Can you tell I'm fed up with hype and dead ends? It's all I ever see and have seen. I mean, seriously?  How many of the thousands of BF podcasts actually go anywhere or result in anything?

Don't get me wrong, there are folks currently in the field that I fully respect. There are members here on the BFF that are not in the field that I also fully respect. This guy obviously doesn't come across very well to half of those who listen to him. Other's think he's great. My opinion is in the first half of this post. If this person wants to get real, and serious about discovery enough to get up out of the quagmire then maybe I'll give him the time of day. Until then his videos can take a hike.

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, hiflier said:

I don't see anything about him trying to contact and F&W or any other scientist in academia. Why not? Is he afraid? Because personally I don't give a rat's behind what he's pushing for methodology, without scientific corroboration or support he may as well running a podcast on Leprechauns. Can you tell I'm fed up with hype and dead ends? It's all I ever see and have seen. I mean, seriously?  How many of the thousands of BF podcasts actually go anywhere or result in anything?

You don’t like his approach and he may not like your approach,  so what?    Maybe he agrees with me that. 

I mean if we believe this is a government conspiracy how likely is it a random Joe walks into a gov’t agency and they just spill the beans.    You always pick a topic or subject and beat that drum in every thread and then get fed up when others to join in.    It’s wash, rinse, and repeat.   Your SRN, letters, e-dna etc. 

• Upvote 1

Solve For Bigfoot. And go at it hard. Otherwise it's just thumb twiddling. I see no good reason for the latter.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I’m scheduling my next week trip to northern MI,  maybe I’ll bring back a blurry pic or vid.  Or not, either way, I’m camping and I win.  

• Like 1

I wonder if he’s trying to create a “safe space” to encourage submissions. I’m certain if I had a photo I’d be very hesitant to share it and be attacked by keyboard warriors (not referring to anyone here) and have every spare bit of my personal info blasted all over the web with idiots showing up at my house armed with guns and cameras and tents and hotdogs. We all know there are some lunatics out there. 

The large limbs on the white...thing really bother me. The joints aren't right if they're meant to be "arms". They remind me more of the hocks on the rear limbs of an animal headed to the left, but I can't explain that mass above/between them.

white thing.jpg

If that image is indicative of the photo quality of a Bushnell game camera, remind me not to get one.

• Upvote 1

I'm pretty sure I've seen the critter above in another supposed "bigfoot captured on trail cam" and it was a screenshot of a video game. Could be wrong, I need to look some more.

Can someone even begin to explain how I'm supposed to look at that and think they got a Bigfoot on camera?

Was the image distorted by something or do their bodies defy gravity? Maybe I'm looking at it wrong but is it walking, profile view, from left to right? Head up top?

It’s clearly a poorly distorted pic or manipulated but I think it’s pretty safe to say whatever it is it isn’t a BF in the sense I understand BF to be.    Between this and the cutout he showed I’m disappointed.  

The subject in the photo makes no anatomical sense and it really isn't worth trying to figure out the orientation of the body. The image appears to be quite distorted, especially in the top portion. If there were no other signs of distortion in the image and it was just the subject that appeared that way, the photo would at least be a little more intriguing. It is more likely an issue with the camera rather than a shapeshifting sasquatch caught in mid transformation. 

It seems like most photos of hair covered unidentifiable figures get assumed as a possible bigfoot. These speculations often come regardless of how little the figure may actually even resemble a bigfoot. 

Edited by Carnivore

The "trail cam" pic is also here: https://northamericandogmanproject.com/evidence and has been for some time. That doesn't mean it didn't come from the same individual...

Will need to hit "show more" once at the linked page. I still can't find a source for why I think it's from a video game screen capture--other than it looks like it. I'm fairly certain someone recognized it and named the video game--not my shtick those--no idea.

Edited by Kiwakwe

On 3/6/2020 at 8:13 PM, Kiwakwe said:

Will need to hit "show more" once at the linked page. I still can't find a source for why I think it's from a video game screen capture--other than it looks like it. I'm fairly certain someone recognized it and named the video game--not my shtick those--no idea.

I think you’re right. I don’t play enough video games to ID which it’s from, but it certainly has the look of one. 

• gigantor unfeatured this topic
  • gigantor featured this topic