Have there been reports out of the Bluff Creek Area in the last few years?

starchunk

Because, if not, how can the site at this point be nothing more than a bit of the Folklore? I for one don't feel either side has made their case,believer or skeptic. 50 years later you can remaster the film as much you want, it's likely as far as it's going to get.

Backdoc
5 hours ago, starchunk said:

Because, if not, how can the site at this point be nothing more than a bit of the Folklore? I for one don't feel either side has made their case,believer or skeptic. 50 years later you can remaster the film as much you want, it's likely as far as it's going to get.

I don't know the answer to your Q.  This being the BFF you will find some pretty knowledgeable poster will soon have your answer.

Meanwhile...  For several years before the PGF event there were occasional reports- at least of prints and some sightings.  This is why Roger and Bob went to Bluff Creek area initially in the first place. That is, to see and film reported Tracks of Bigfoot reported in the area.  Those were in bad shape by the time they actually arrived a long time later.

I am told old hunters in my area Duck Hunting was much better in decades past and not nearly so good now.  Maybe Bluff Creek could be that way.   Maybe it was a hot sport for a few years and then went cold.  I don't know.  

It would not surprise me  if we went another 50 years without a sighting or report of Bigfoot in the Bluff Creek area.  I also would not surprise me if suddenly we had multiple reports spring up in a short period of time at Bluff Creek.   You ask the great Q.  I will paraphrase with:  If Patty was filmed at Bluff Creek shouldn't there be at least more occasional track reports there at minimum if not another outright encounter?.

Finally, if the PGF is of a real creature, it shows how hard it would be to expect to capture another on film since 50 years have passed from Roger and Bob's success.  This might also suggest the breading numbers are extinct now or close to extinct.

• Upvote 1
Twist

Agreed, I think a spot could be hot for BF for 1 day, 1 week, or years.   My opinion is they are nomadic or migratory so there may be a pattern to their travel or not but I believe that a majority of them travel.  

BlackRockBigfoot
On 3/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, starchunk said:

Agreed.

I see it basically as a pleasant pastime for those involved.  Arguing the finer points of PGF arcana back and forth like some do baseball statistics of teams from decades ago.  Memorizing batting stats from 60 years ago probably won't help you win any new games, but some people find it enjoyable.  

No one who already has their mind made up is going to be convinced either way at this point based solely on the analysis of the film.  You either believe it or you don't.  The 4K remaster  was a great addition to the field of study, but I doubt that it made any new true believers nor turned any believers skeptics.  

It's historically important in the field and a pretty singular piece of evidence, but the trivia doesn't really appeal to many... myself included.  But, to each his own...

SweatyYeti
5 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Agreed.

I see it basically as a pleasant pastime for those involved.  Arguing the finer points of PGF arcana back and forth like some do baseball statistics of teams from decades ago.  Memorizing batting stats from 60 years ago probably won't help you win any new games, but some people find it enjoyable.  

No one who already has their mind made up is going to be convinced either way at this point based solely on the analysis of the film.  You either believe it or you don't.  The 4K remaster  was a great addition to the field of study, but I doubt that it made any new true believers nor turned any believers skeptics.  

It's historically important in the field and a pretty singular piece of evidence, but the trivia doesn't really appeal to many... myself included.  But, to each his own...

I find the film to carry much more significance than baseball games, and 'stats'. 

We're talking about, and looking at....an evolutionary cousin to us 'modern humans'.

And, for the scoffers of the world....if the film was a hoax...then we're looking at the greatest "'hoax" ever pulled-off...as far as a guy wearing a suit is concerned. That alone, is still significant.

It is, in fact...the uniqueness of this film that keeps people logging-on...and talking about it. 

And, I predict...it will continue, for a very long time to come. ;)  

norseman
On 3/2/2020 at 7:19 AM, starchunk said:

Northern California has remained a “hotspot”.... absolutely!

BlackRockBigfoot
On 3/2/2020 at 10:19 AM, starchunk said:

I agree with you that we have gone as far as we are going to get with the PGF as far as it being considered proof that will sway a skeptic or a believer from their already settled beliefs.  

Watch the 4k version.  Read Munns' book.  If you don't believe that it is film of a living, breathing creature after that...then no amount of arguing over film speed, camera type, or anything else will sway you.  

The next generation of people who will search for this thing (if it is not found) will be a generation who grew up in the digital age with virtual reality and deep fakes.  Video as evidence will carry even less weight with them.  

Like I said, the PGF is a singular (up to this point at least) piece of video evidence.  However, video as evidence will suffice for some and lack for others.  The number of people who will change their minds when presented with PGF trivia is negligible.  

• Thanks 1
  • 1 month later...
Arvedis

The landscape of northern california has changed a lot. Wildfires, flooding, human and town population growth, roads, trails, etc.  Should be pretty obvious by now, BF is not inhibited by geography.

^ forgot to mention the massive cannabis fields that drug cartels and now, legalized operations have built. The cartels redirect water sources, trash the wilderness with chemical waste and other garbage.

Edited by Arvedis
  • 2 months later...
Patterson-Gimlin
On 3/3/2020 at 7:36 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I agree with you that we have gone as far as we are going to get with the PGF as far as it being considered proof that will sway a skeptic or a believer from their already settled beliefs.  

Watch the 4k version.  Read Munns' book.  If you don't believe that it is film of a living, breathing creature after that...then no amount of arguing over film speed, camera type, or anything else will sway you.  

The next generation of people who will search for this thing (if it is not found) will be a generation who grew up in the digital age with virtual reality and deep fakes.  Video as evidence will carry even less weight with them.  

Like I said, the PGF is a singular (up to this point at least) piece of video evidence.  However, video as evidence will suffice for some and lack for others.  The number of people who will change their minds when presented with PGF trivia is negligible.  

Excellent post. I could not agree more.  I have read Munns  book and viewed the enhanced versions of the iconic film.

🏆 included

BlackRockBigfoot
35 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Excellent post. I could not agree more.  I have read Munns  book and viewed the enhanced versions of the iconic film.

🏆 included

I cherish those hard earned P-G trophies.

skypros
On 3/3/2020 at 4:36 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

This is the problem...... Now even with a "decent" picture or even a video, It will be hard to distinguish between what is real and what a Great faker pull off.

Edited by skypros
wiiawiwb

I agree with Twist's conclusion that sasquatches are on always on the move. I believe it has a migratory nature to it although I have yet to distill  their broad-movement patterns from both reported, and unreported, sightings.

I also agree there are nuggets of gold that have been mined, and still to be mined, in the PGF.  Body and appendage proportions have sealed the deal for me. YMMV.

Edited by wiiawiwb
Backdoc

What is Bigfoot Activity?

I assume we are largely defining 'bigfoot activity' as reported are either 1) brief encounters/ sighting or  2) footprints traces.  

To have encounters with tracks it would be a race against time before elements wash them away.  Roger and Bob are said to have come to Bluff Creek area to begin with,  because of such a report of tracks.  It is understood when they got there the tracks were in bad shape/ lost to the elements.   Just like a snowman, the tracks won't stay there forever.   Short- lived tracks are a limiting factor.  You either have a random encounter by accident /luck or you come across track evidence which must be fairly fresh before it melts away and they are not there it see.   

The Q of Bluff Creek activity makes me consider a couple factors which were going on in the Roger Patterson's Patty era of the 1960's:   Roads, and flooding damage.  I am guessing the area of Bluff Creek and the surrounding towns, roads, homes, and highways, are more developed now than in the 1960's.  In fact, part of the reason tracks were reported (be they real or hoaxed) was fresh/ new roads were being put through the area.  Road construction leaves dirt.   This may have made it more likely tracks in the 1960s would be noticed or are able to be left in the first place.   The other factor is the great flooding through Bluff Creek area itself.  It cleaned out the area leaving an open moonscape.   This sediment made it easier to see tracks (and Patty in the open).  Go there now, and it doesn't look the same.  The wilderness has reclaimed it.   

Summary:  Had Roger or Bob showed up with Lyle Laverty a couple days later and missed seeing Patty but did see the tracks, it would still be easier to see tracks in Oct 1967 at Bluff Creek than July of 2020 at the same location/ area.  it would be easier for a walking subject to create by walking noticeable tracks on 1) dirt construction of a road and 2) huge open creek beds full of sediment vs the roads of 2020 and the present Bluff Creek film site of 2020.

Edited by Backdoc
Patterson-Gimlin
On 3/3/2020 at 5:11 PM, norseman said:

Northern California has remained a “hotspot”.... absolutely!

That is very true. My daughter and her little group of believers go out regularly .

They have had encounters that includes the usual anecdotal evidence.

Doug

Probably stating the obvious here, but I suspect that trackways in the new road construction was a result of curiosity and ignorance of what a road actually is.

Edited by Doug