Spring's Upcoming Sasquatching Adventures

wiiawiwb

If utilities are cut off during these times that is a pretty poor decision on the part of local government.   Same with repo’ing a truck.  Repo folks should not be deemed essential thus they should stay home.    

2 hours ago, cmknight said:

I hear ya!! My employment insurance will cover my rent, but I stand a good chance of having utilities cut off and my truck repo'd.

I think either would be unlikely. Many banks are deferring even mortgage payments now. Look at the US student loan situation right now. Vehicle registration renewals, license renewals and vehicle inspections are slowly being postponed for at least two months by some states. Don't know about Canada but I would imagine it would offer the same kinds of relief. I think governments have accepted that there will be no tax revenue to be had for a while. If this world had its...um.....stuff together....then ALL national debts and deficits would be forgiven and everything begins anew at zero. Mainly because debt will return big time from paying for all of this by having to borrow all over again to get everything back up and running.

Deferring everything for a few months doesn't mean no one has to make up for the deferral. Just getting everyone back to work will take time also. And I am aware that "getting everyone back to work" is a highly positive statement, even without assuming a timeframe. The exit strategy after all of this is yet to be determined but the restart more than likely won't be nearly as quick as the halt in everything but essential businesses. Be that as it may I would bet, and hope, with what we've learned, that the next threat response will be much more aggressively launched then this current one.

• Haha 1

Right.  And the notion that small businesses can just take out a loan to keep going and keep paying people is equally farcical / nonsensical.    If the money isn't coming in from delivery of service and sales, that is accumulating debt the businesses may not survive.   It just means that instead of failing today, they fail when the loans come due.  

We are so used to last minute reprieves .. this has none.    There is nothing we can do to make tomorrow "normal" but there are things we can do to make normal come sooner than it otherwise might.   The thing we can all do toward that end is comply with instructions to lock down, stay home, whatever your state chooses to call it.  Just because you have a right to do something does not make doing that thing wise and does not mean it comes without serious consequences.  

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hiflier said:

.........If this world had its...um.....stuff together....then ALL national debts and deficits would be forgiven and everything begins anew at zero. Mainly because debt will return big time from paying for all of this by having to borrow all over again to get everything back up and running.......

Excuse me, but some of us out here don't have any debt and are actually the suckers who bought bonds and financed the debt you're talking about defaulting on. And then you think that "debt will return big time"? Who's going to finance the next big default? Do you think that immediately after defaulting, we'll just send some more money?

• Upvote 1

Boy, did you read THAT all wrong. I said NOTHING about defaulting on anything. Want an analogy? I had a friend who owed me some money. To his credit, he was paying me back in increments. His son became gravely ill and the medical bills were piling up. Wasn't his fault. I forgave the debt. Was I wrong? 

Edited by hiflier

53 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Boy, did you read THAT all wrong. I said NOTHING about defaulting on anything. Want an analogy? I had a friend who owed me some money. To his credit, he was paying me back in increments. His son became gravely ill and the medical bills were piling up. Wasn't his fault. I forgave the debt. Was I wrong? 

No, Hiflier

You are not wrong for forgiving his debt.  The problem that we all have in this world is that the day that we are born we are in debt.  We cannot escape it and this is how it was meant to be. But that's not what this thread is about or how this world is being run. It is about spending time out in the woods. I have been wanting to do this now for awhile but have been put on hold due to this crisis. This virus situation has place my son and I on hold from going out into the wilderness. Especially when I have just brought a new tent that I have been wanting to try. It is a tent with a stove that sits inside the tent that is to keep you warm in the winter time.

I have a 20' camper that is very much comfortable but I love to rough it out with a tent. I love to back pack it into areas and take chances and see what takes place. But most of all is to spend the time with my son and to see what he is made of. Everytime we camp together I learn more about him.  I have taken him to the shooting range so that he can get use to handling my pistols. I have taught him the safety of proper handling of firearms. He has taken the hunting safety course in the state Of Michigan.  So now we partner up when we go out and scout and hunt.  So in a way we do our own Bigfoot adventures as well as our own hunting adventures. Soon I will have my grandson joining us  and that will bring great joy. My tribe is growing and we will all be hunter gathers like we were in our past.  

• Upvote 2

I am busy at work and we feel that we are a essential service but it would be foolish of me to assume that I won't have some time off. Either a forced work restriction or if I develop a cough and have to home isolate for 14 days. That's what they are doing up here. Cough twice and 2 weeks at home.

So if this happens I am going to put on the snow shoes and hike into the mountains (alone)  and set up my trail camera. Then I'll go hunting for tracks.

BFF Patron

I'll  be on the trail cam plan again before long and I am going to change it up some and go for more hidden and distant viewpoints rather than top down skull cap shots.  I am also planning on rehabbing some roughed up areas in the way of illegal campsites while I am at it.  Enjoying nature and avoiding humans for awhile will be part and parcel for a few more weeks or months, I guess.  The bloodroot is up as well as some trillium buds in the so. apps. so life is good outside of town. 

19 hours ago, hiflier said:

I think either would be unlikely. Many banks are deferring even mortgage payments now. Look at the US student loan situation right now. Vehicle registration renewals, license renewals and vehicle inspections are slowly being postponed for at least two months by some states. 

Here in Canada, the Big 5 Banks "said" they would defer mortgages after the government asked them too. In actual fact, they are doing everything they can to refuse deferral, telling people their mortgages are too new, or that they have to do a thorough credit check, and that it will take 3-days, then refusing based on said credit check. I don't have a mortgage, I rent. Our property management owner, a retired Supreme Court judge, has already told the building managers, "COVID-19 or not, the rent still has to be paid. No rent paid = eviction notice served". Fortunately, the British Columbia government has stepped in and promised people that no one will be evicted as a result of this virus. We are all waiting until later this week to see what sort of plan they are going to come up with. They (government) have also stated that everyone receiving unemployment benefits due to their work shutting down because of the virus will get a cheque for $1000, but that won't be until May.

I had planned to get out in the woods for a couple of weeks for some bigfooting, myself, but I'm putting that on hold for a bit. Seems that a lot of people are getting out there just to get away from the towns and cities.

14 hours ago, hiflier said:

.........I had a friend who owed me some money. To his credit, he was paying me back in increments. His son became gravely ill and the medical bills were piling up. Wasn't his fault. I forgave the debt. Was I wrong? 

No. But after forgiving his debt, did you loan him more money so he could buy a Corvette?

What I did or didn't do after that is my business, Huntster. Not trying to be combative here, but I have limits.

Edited by hiflier

On 3/6/2020 at 8:47 PM, wiiawiwb said:

As Old ManWinter begins to gentles release his hold, the world outside will come alive once again.  I'm already preparing my strategy for getting out into the woods for a variety of activities. I'll spend a lot of time looking for footprints and other signs of movement. The ground will be soft and hopefully allow for a glimpse of what has been passing through and maybe even staying in the area. Doing both overnight and extended stays will be in my schedule in about a month.

We've had a lot of time during winter to ponder about Spring and what we'll be doing during some of the best times to go sasquatching.  For me, the thermal will get dusted off, the sound equipment readied for recording, and my outdoor gear generally cleaned up and ready to go.  There are always things on our wish list and I'm hopeful to get a parabolic dish in Spring and add it to the arsenal. 

I've identified two places that border my existing sasquatching honey holes.  I'll be studying the topo maps and planning routes to those two areas for both day and evening adventures. New areas are exciting especially when they pull you farther off the beaten trail and don't know what to expect. No one around for miles, and difficult travel for humans, but in an area that is teeming with wildlife. 

One area has had several sightings and a number of tree falling incidents. Too many to be natural. One happened to me last Fall. I'm eager to see what occurs when you push further into what might be an area you are not welcome in. We'll see.

I'm ready to get out and have a productive sasquatching Spring planned. What do you have planned for your upcoming Spring adventures?

I don't know about squatching but I am definitely going camping after hiding in my house all winter. I'm about done with housework, online teaching and testing. I'm taking the summer off  from teaching this year and just going, going anywhere whether I can afford it or not, my values have changed on what's important. I like to read about bigfoot but I have to say squatching is starting to sound like fun to me now regardless of having to pooh in the woods. 

• Upvote 1

I have one tenant currently and I informed them last week to just let me know what they can do and I’ll work it out with them.   Made sure they know that I’m not waiving rent but more than happy to defer it and deal with it when this is all over.  I have funds and plans set aside for these exact situations. 

• Upvote 1