Bigfoot 3 Season Nests, Spring, Summer, Fall.

FelixTheCat

20 hours ago, Twist said:

The videos are very interesting and I appreciate them.   These “nests” should definitely be put in the  “possible Bigfoot activity” group of BF evidence.   Being noted and considered is important.   Aside from that we are a ways away from forming any conclusions on them, imo.

I appreciate your opinion, hopefully this summer I can sway you a little more.

19 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

OK Felix, good observation on the surrounding trees. I have a question. How high off the ground were the limbs broken off? From the video it appeared it was out near the ends that were broken. This is important because if they were broken to near the top of the tree and mainly the tips of the branches, how was it done? 

The one thing I did find intriguing was the woven branches leaning against the tree. It looked like there was a lot going on there. But you didn't linger long on it and quickly moved on. 

Hello BigTreeWalker,

I appreciate your questions and interaction.

To your first question, I must tell you all that I went back with my son, we approached from the west instead of the usual east trail,  and I looked very closely at the height, and it seemed to me that the tree was at least 15 feet tall but probably no taller than 20 feet.  And from 4 or 5 feet and up, all the

green leafy needle bearing branches were snapped off.  Now, I don't know how tall you have to be to snap off branches a minimum of 15 feet in the air, but i guessing about 11 feet to top of head.  Or the only other animal I could suspect, would be a squirrel, but no branches were hung up in the lower branches, they were all resting comfortably on the forest floor underneath the tree.  If it isn't Sasquatch, it would be squirrel, but I have yet to find any

evidence of a squirrel doing something like this.  Besides,  I have looked underneath many thousands of eastern hemlock trees since, and only 3 have

yielded such nests.  Three such nests in thousands of acres.  Three nests, that are accompanied by unexplained occurrences.

The breaks of the branches themselves do not indicate to me, the use of any known knife, it seemed like the twigs were broke off.  If you ever have broke off tree branches by hand, you will know that the eastern hemlock is easy to break off twigs, they simply snap cleanly and easily with no sap oozing.  Pines, spruces will be harder to break, and you may have to twist and push and pull to break a branch off, and lots of sap will stick to your fingers.

The second nest, initially dubbed Mini-Me's Nest, on second review with my son (video not posted), is most likely not a nest at all.  I thought the branches were jammed in vertically, but on second inspection, the branches were merely distorted upward by the loggers brush pile, and though

distorted, they were not dead, and still bloomed with needles in their grievous position.  So, aside from a broke off twig or two underneath, there

was not enough manual repositioning of the branches or twigs to warrant me calling it a nest anymore.  Not saying it isn't a nest, just saying I no

longer believe its a nest.

Thanks

Felix, thank you for the information. I'm glad that you didn't rule out squirrels. Even though, that would be just as much of a mystery as to why. I had squirrels peeling bark off Western Red Cedars around my place. Looking at them I could have sworn it was a cougar clawing them. Didn't figure out it was squirrels until I put a camera on the trees. 

As to the height. I would agree at about eleven feet would be about correct to reach to the upper parts of those trees. Although from what I have seen on BF height estimates that's on the upper end. I have seen limbs twisted about 10' off the ground. But still not sure what did that, except that the area has a history of tracks and unusual audio. 

Edited by BigTreeWalker

16 hours ago, FelixTheCat said:

I appreciate your opinion, hopefully this summer I can sway you a little more.

I look forward to your future findings.

18 hours ago, BigTreeWalker said:

Felix, thank you for the information. I'm glad that you didn't rule out squirrels. Even though, that would be just as much of a mystery as to why. I had squirrels peeling bark off Western Red Cedars around my place. Looking at them I could have sworn it was a cougar clawing them. Didn't figure out it was squirrels until I put a camera on the trees. 

As to the height. I would agree at about eleven feet would be about correct to reach to the upper parts of those trees. Although from what I have seen on BF height estimates that's on the upper end. I have seen limbs twisted about 10' off the ground. But still not sure what did that, except that the area has a history of tracks and unusual audio. 

My gut feeling is that its not squirrels, but if I ever find out that it is squirrels, I'll let you all know.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic