Madison5716

Have you seen this one?

Carnivore
Posted (edited)

@norseman They appear to be trying to make the point that it is a bear. I already posted the full face shots of multiple bears earlier in the thread. The eyes and surrounding area are an obvious giveaway that the facial features are very different and help to determine that it is not a bear. That's why I did a comparison for that as it is important to look at these other features and not just focus on the nose.

In regards to the nose, you can see that whatever is in the photo has downward facing nostrils and an overall shape that is very different from a bear. You can see a narrow protruding nose bridge that begins between the eyes and then greatly widens out into the nose. The overall face has dimensions that are more similar to a human composition with the nose bridge, eye shape/width, eyes set back in the skull, cheek bones, and a hairline. Incorrigible mentioned tilting a bear's head back 30 degrees. If we are saying that it is a bear with its head tilted back (nose directly pointing forward resulting in appearance of a shortened snout) then you would be seeing up and into the nostrils even more so.

Edit: I do not hope to come across as rude or appear to be attempting to shut anyone's opinion down. I just wanted to point these things out as I feel they are important indicators as to what the subject may or may not be. 

Edited by Carnivore

norseman
8 minutes ago, Carnivore said:

@norseman They appear to be trying to make the point that it is a bear. I already posted the full face shots of multiple bears earlier in the thread. The eyes and surrounding area are an obvious giveaway that the facial features are very different and help to determine that it is not a bear. That's why I did a comparison for that as it is important to look at these other features and not just focus on the nose.

In regards to the nose, you can see that whatever is in the photo has downward facing nostrils and an overall shape that is very different from a bear. You can see a narrow protruding nose bridge that begins between the eyes and then greatly widens out into the nose. The overall face has dimensions that are more similar to a human composition with the nose bridge, eye shape/width, eyes set back in the skull, cheek bones, and a hairline. Incorrigible mentioned tilting a bear's head back 30 degrees. If we are saying that it is a bear with its head tilted back (nose directly pointing forward resulting in appearance of a shortened snout) then you would be seeing up and into the nostrils even more so.

Edit: I do not hope to come across as rude or appear to be attempting to shut anyone's opinion down. I just wanted to point these things out as I feel they are important indicators as to what the subject may or may not be. 

I don’t think your getting it.....

They think the WHOLE proposed Bigfoot face is the nose of a black bear. So the eyes are the nostrils.... so forth and so on.  Making comparisons of bear facial features to the proposed Bigfoot face isn’t germane to the discussion. That’s why Inc is suggesting the 30 degrees. Because then that would explain why we don’t see the rest of the bears face.

I do not think it’s a bears nose. In fact it reminds me of a Todd Standing muppet head. But it does appear to blink. So not quite I suppose.

Patterson-Gimlin
Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing. Of course it is a bear pretending to be Bigfoot.  Aka Bearsquatch .;)

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Like 1

Carnivore

Oh okay, it wasn't really made clear in this thread that they were viewing the photos in such a way. That's why I misunderstood their analysis and was not on the same page. I vaguely remember reading some mention of the eyes possibly being nostrils. However, I cannot find the posts on here and so I may have read that somewhere else entirely. Anyway, I don't see that as a bear's nose at any angle that I look at it. A bear's nose would be pretty easy to identify, even when in the orientation that they are proposing. It could be some kind of constructed head like you are suggesting. It could also be something that was digitally rendered or altered in some way as well. 

hiflier
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing. Of course it is a bear pretending to be Bigfoot.  Aka Bearsquatch .;)

The ones to watch out for are the Bigfoots pretending to be bears :O (Bigpaw!)

Edited by hiflier

MIB

I'm not seeing a nose.   The apparent eyes are reflecting from the surface.  If that's a nose, those would be open holes, nothing to reflect with.   The reflection is apparent in the pix, ergo not a nose.

MIB

cmknight

Steve Kulls has already found it to be a hoax.

• Upvote 1

Madison5716

Good detective work! Sigh.

I'm so bored with not being able to do much. 

Shelly

It looks like a giant Troll doll