Bigfoot Trap Back in the 70's Southern Oregon

Bearfoot

12 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Good research on Lovell. From what I read, I'm thinking that his place was submerged under the lake after the dam was built?

Thanks. Lovell's place may have been submerged but if it was in one of the gulches on the topo map then it may have been upstream from the lake or closer to the trap itself?

AHA!, Just read Bearfoot's post. So, downhill somewhat from the trap. Seems to me I saw someone mention a pile a debris where the cabin used to be? And yes, there's some internet BF sites that give some mention to this. As to the government organization part? https://1859oregonmagazine.com/think-oregon/art-culture/bigfoot-trap-southern-oregon/  but the writer  may have written it out of pure assumption. OR, had a source we don't know about.

Did you, uh, read the comments at the bottom of the article you linked?     Not a gov't agency.   The writer simply got it wrong.    

MIB

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

.......As to the government organization part? https://1859oregonmagazine.com/think-oregon/art-culture/bigfoot-trap-southern-oregon/  but the writer  may have written it out of pure assumption. OR, had a source we don't know about.

Looks like it was a faulty presumption, but it IS very interesting that they got a permit to place and operate such a trap, not to mention build a road. This was just 7 years after the PG film was shot, which was less than a 50 mile crow flight to the southwest.

2 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

........What was referred to as the miners cabin was just downhill from the trap and it was well above the lake level.........

Do you remember if that's where Lovell had his garden where tge prints were found?

.......I'm sure this report has to be in a lot of the collection of Bigfoot reports.........

Prior to the Patterson-Gimlin film, the only organized collection of reports that I know of was John Green's, and it was by no means comprehensive. His collection of reports mostly started in southern British Columbia, then expanded from there. His activity in the Siskiyou area started with the Jerry Crews articles in the Eureka newspaper in 1958.

If Bigfoot fell for stuff like that? We would have proven him real a long time ago.

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Did you, uh, read the comments at the bottom of the article you linked?     Not a gov't agency.   The writer simply got it wrong.    

MIB

Yep, the writer got it wrong. So, just wrote it wrong, or wrote a personal assumption figuring it must have been government, even though it wasn't? Which is why I said:

2 hours ago, hiflier said:

but the writer  may have written it out of pure assumption. OR, had a source we don't know about.

In either case, assumption or otherwise, it was poor reporting. And I got the "source we don't know about" part wrong in my post.

31 minutes ago, norseman said:

If Bigfoot fell for stuff like that? We would have proven him real a long time ago.

"Smarter than the average bear" ;) 

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor featured this topic
12 hours ago, norseman said:

Agreed.

It even says to keep out, and states that it is a trap. BF probably just laughs when he reads that. :haha:

I used to distribute these fliers back in the 70's to bulletin boards, grocery stores, and just about anywhere I could. This is the only copy I saved.

IMG_4962_(2).JPG

21 hours ago, norseman said:

Perhaps, if it would have caught on and there were many more, one dumb Sasquatch would have got trapped. :D

Anyway, great thread and lots of great information. Thank you. All of you. 

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin

Hey, Patterson-Gimlin, you should know this by now: There ARE no dumb Sasquatches :rolleyes: Not saying there are no Sasquatches understand, just no dumb ones. ;) 

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor unfeatured this topic