Possible Bigfoot encounter and hello.

trapper

7 hours ago, trapper said:

It is hard to believe that people have seen them in the Oquirrh mountains near Tooele utah.  I live near those mountains and they are very small and its mostly Juniper trees until you get up high.   If that sighting is credible then I cannot image Bifgoot being anything other than a purely paranormal being.   

Take a look at the area around those mountains.    What is there in the way of water?   Absolutely count irrigation and wells / stock watering troughs for livestock.   Is there any sort of a path, a sort of set of "stepping stones" across the dry areas?   ... 'cause we have a couple reports from Christmas Valley in Oregon which is freakin' desert, pleistocene dry lake bottom, alkali flats ... and yet it would be possible to cross, not reside in, but go across, using the stock watering troughsas water sources.    It's intriguing.    I'm not sure how probable, but certainly not impossible .. thanks to human activity.

MIB

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MIB said:

Take a look at the area around those mountains.    What is there in the way of water?   Absolutely count irrigation and wells / stock watering troughs for livestock.   Is there any sort of a path, a sort of set of "stepping stones" across the dry areas?   ... 'cause we have a couple reports from Christmas Valley in Oregon which is freakin' desert, pleistocene dry lake bottom, alkali flats ... and yet it would be possible to cross, not reside in, but go across, using the stock watering troughsas water sources.    It's intriguing.    I'm not sure how probable, but certainly not impossible .. thanks to human activity.

MIB

Thanks for the response.   That sighting has really puzzled me for certain.

Here is an excerpt from Wikipedia.  The Oquirrh Mountains /ˈkər/ is a mountain range that runs north-south for approximately 30 miles (50 km) to form the west side of Utah's Salt Lake Valley, separating it from Tooele Valley. The range runs from northwestern Utah County–central & eastern Tooele County, to the south shore of the Great Salt Lake. The highest elevation is Flat Top Mountain (Utah) at 10,620 ft (3,237 m). The name Oquirrh was taken from the Goshute word meaning "wood sitting." [2]

Also let it be known that Kennecot mine, one of the biggest mines in the world is located in that mountain range.   There is no hunting allowed and so the deer population is really high there.   The Wasatch mountains, where I had my possible experience and where bigfoot have been seen are about 25 miles east of them but they are separated by SLC, the biggest city in Utah.   The Wasatch mountains are MUCH bigger, run north and south, and east of them are the Uintah mountains and these are very widely known to have bigfoot in them.  They run 100 miles long east to west (the only east to west range in the states) and are 50 miles wide. 

I have no doubt there are Bigfoot in both the Wasatch and Uintah ranges.

I could almost think what those people saw was an illegally owned and escaped monkey.   The witnesses saw it for over a minute running through the field.  They guessed it was 4 feet high and running on all fours towards the Oquirrh's.

If you look at this image provided by @gigantor you can see all the ranges I am talking about.   Bottom left screen an unnamed range second from left Oquirrh mountains next over Wasatch and then the east to west running Unitahs.

utah.PNG

Edited by trapper

@trapper there is a good encounter report from Butterfield Canyon on BFRO, granted it's from the 70's IIRC. Maybe you've seen it?  Pretty built up along the road there now but surely as dry as it's been since the lake receded.  I have similar thoughts about the Oquirrhs, doesn't appear to be the best habitat. The Stansburys across Tooele/Grantsville Valley would be more appealing IMO, or even the Cedars, across Skull Valley, which has water. I love both those ranges

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=38797

1 hour ago, Kiwakwe said:

@trapper there is a good encounter report from Butterfield Canyon on BFRO, granted it's from the 70's IIRC. Maybe you've seen it?  Pretty built up along the road there now but surely as dry as it's been since the lake receded.  I have similar thoughts about the Oquirrhs, doesn't appear to be the best habitat. The Stansburys across Tooele/Grantsville Valley would be more appealing IMO, or even the Cedars, across Skull Valley, which has water. I love both those ranges

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=38797

I mean if we are talking about a real flesh and blood animal of that size it seems unlikely.  There are a lot of deer there and it turns to pines at the top but just doesn't seem big enough to me.   Lots of deer and a very high population of mountain lions there though.  I used to hike up there a couple times a week and even did some night hiking there too.   Since there is no hunting there are a ton of deer but still Im not thinking that would work.   I did not think of the water issue either but your right there is just that one creek at the lower end of butterflied. 

I did not know the name of the range west of Tooele till you said it.   We go up into there also.  Its higher and there are a lot more pine trees and it becomes national forest towards the upper end.  Still seems small to support such a large creature.  North willow canyon is where we go riding and hiking.  

Do you live in the area?   What do you think about the Uintah mountain range?  So many sightings up there that it is certain Bigfoot territory IMO.

Sorry for all the questions but what do you think about that Rio guy from Provo who said he found tons of Bigfoot easily?  

1 hour ago, trapper said:

I mean if we are talking about a real flesh and blood animal of that size it seems unlikely.  There are a lot of deer there and it turns to pines at the top but just doesn't seem big enough to me.   Lots of deer and a very high population of mountain lions there though.  I used to hike up there a couple times a week and even did some night hiking there too.   Since there is no hunting there are a ton of deer but still Im not thinking that would work.   I did not think of the water issue either but your right there is just that one creek at the lower end of butterflied. 

I did not know the name of the range west of Tooele till you said it.   We go up into there also.  Its higher and there are a lot more pine trees and it becomes national forest towards the upper end.  Still seems small to support such a large creature.  North willow canyon is where we go riding and hiking.  

Do you live in the area?   What do you think about the Uintah mountain range?  So many sightings up there that it is certain Bigfoot territory IMO.

Sorry for all the questions but what do you think about that Rio guy from Provo who said he found tons of Bigfoot easily?  

It's hard to say what would work, I mean if NJ can have 71 credible sighting reports I can't imagine a Sasquatch snubbing his nose at the Oquirrhs. I'd take them any day over eking out a living dodging cars and people in Jersey. It seems these creatures are highly adaptable, they must be to coexist with us. Until we actually know something of them I don't rule out any semi-wild habitat. The salt flats heading out to the West Desert may be a stretch but if the destination is the Deep Creek Mts, it would be worth the trek. With the Stansburys and the Uintahs right there, the Oquirrhs are probably considered the low rent district but it may work for short stays,  layovers or to grab a muley.

I lived in UT for 12 months, the first 2 camping around the SE corner, the rest based out of SLC, just back home in March. I spent little time in the Oquirrhs, what I saw of it seemed overrun by the partying type of camper, I could be wrong, just my impression from brief visits. I would go into the Uintahs a bit more but living in ME I see plenty of trees so it was desert i was after. The mountains either side of Skull Valley are beautiful! Spent a lot of time there in Winter. In Summer, the Book Cliffs were our go to. That area is huge, great habitat IMO and little traveled compared to the Uintahs, which I too think are obviously great for Sasquatch. Somewhere in the "field trips" thread I've a few reports from the areas we went. I don't miss the city but i do the wild places, we'll be back soon.

I watched some of Rio's stuff-- but before i was out there. I recall one video of his where he was finding structures which he strongly thought were BF related. To me it sure looked like a boy scout troop was working on some primitive skills stuff. But IDK. I recall him saying he'd take anyone out and have some activity almost guaranteed. Maybe he was a lighting rod of sorts, seemed like a decent guy. Again, hard tellin not knowin.

Edited by Kiwakwe

• gigantor unfeatured this topic