WV sighting report/investigation

Skinwalker13

this was one of the other tracks that was too shallow to get any real definition on in a cast. 

0415201347a.jpg

These were the two tracks that were first mentioned in my report, they were positioned stepping out of the pool and toward where the casts were made. They were over 6 inches deep in the peaty leafy mix and water logged. Unfortuatly these were uncastable. It appeared that what ever was there that night was spooked by the witness and moved out of its postion and hid by a tree where I collected the two casts.

PSX_20200430_063354.jpg

11 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

The two deepest impressions I was unable to cast becuase they were partially filled with water, so i understand the circumstances your fighting 100%.

Easy to resolve that problem with a turkey baster. Where you can suck the water out of the print and get detail of the print in those situations.. Yes , you did write up a great report. Not sure about how emotional one can get with these creatures . But it can get very emotional at times. We all process our own sightings differently and it depends on the circumstance. Also welcome To a Great Forum.

1 minute ago, ShadowBorn said:

Easy to resolve that problem with a turkey baster. Where you can suck the water out of the print and get detail of the print in those situations..

in some situations that would be viable, but the ground was waterlogged and every bit of water removed seeped back in from the edge of the vernal pool. This area is located between a vernal and a large creek, so the water table is very high especially at the waters edge where the two I was unable to capter were located. I I did try to drain them, but was painfully unsuccessful.

If anyone is interested this this the video mentioned in the report.

• Upvote 1

One thing I've learned from using my phone to video things, is to hold it horizontally for the best picture. Nice research and follow up!

Edited by Madison5716
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

I really like to use hydro-cal when i have it but im a Indy toy maker so I had used my stash on casting some statues and only had plaster of paris. I just had to wait longer for the cast to set than normal. Shoot Cliff Barakman an email, I heard him talking about mixing salt, I think it was, into plaster to aid in drying in wet conditions. The two deepest impressions I was unable to cast becuase they were partially filled with water, so i understand the circumstances your fighting 100%.

**** i just found a recipie for it from a naturalist friend of mine. 1tsp of salt flr every 4 cups of plaster. It'll accelerate overall set up time. But helps things set up in wet conditions, but not waterlogged conditions.

Thanks for the recipe.  We get a TON of rain here and there have been a few prints that we have been unable to cast due to the wet conditions.

1 hour ago, Madison5716 said:

One thing I've learned from using my phone to video things, is to hold it horizontally for the best picture. Nice research and follow up!

Yeah, I know, I was startled by the tree knock and started the video just hoping to get something recorded. If you look at our channel ive filmed everything else in landscape in the past. Knowing that it would have made a sloppy vidoe to edit it all together later if i switched up the perspective I kept it verticle for continuity. Hind sight right? 

*** also** i had no intent to vidoe the area just to take stills. But I kept the camera going hoping to agitate whatever made that knock into doing it again. I even walked out of the area hoping to provoke some kind of action but it didnt occure again.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Add on
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, norseman said:

huh? What did she say?

Her research has found that bigfoots actually prefer Zagnut bars over beef sticks.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

A great story and very well written. 

Thank you very much for sharing. 

I have no idea what you encountered, but I don't blame you for the hasty retreat. 

The casts look good also. Possibly 

Human.

Just now, trapper said:

My buddy saw a bigfoot near Vernal Utah.  Up closer to Flaming George **** in the Uintahs.

what time of year??? Because the witness, Dr. Jones and myself have an idea what was going on here.

32 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

what time of year??? Because the witness, Dr. Jones and myself have an idea what was going on here.

I would have to ask him.  It was a few years back in a meadow while driving on a dirt road.  I wish I could remember where for certain but cant.  It was in the summer though.  He has a second home up near Flaming George dam and a boat for fishing.

Trapper, If you could find out what month I can do a survey with naturalists in the area to add to our data. No rush, you can just send it in a DM too if you want whenever your able to find out. 

Thanks.

29 minutes ago, hiflier said:

Skinwalker13, which scientific field or discipline is your Dr. Jones involved in?

Dr. Russ Jones is a Dr. Of chiropractic medicine and has been actively researching bigfoot for 30 years, give or take a few, written a book with the second in progress, and is a master naturalist. Fun fact, West Virginia's master naturalist program is nationally recognized as the most rigorous natrualist program in the US.

Edited by Skinwalker13
Spelling, I suck at it...

• gigantor unfeatured this topic