WV sighting report/investigation

Skinwalker13

2 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

Trapper, If you could find out what month I can do a survey with naturalists in the area to add to our data. No rush, you can just send it in a DM too if you want whenever your able to find out. 

Thanks.

i just sent out an email now.   hopefully he will get back with me as i haven't seen him in a while.   ill  let you know.

I spoke with a woman who works in a store at the foot of the Uintah mountains a while back who also saw one in that same area.   I just asked her on a whim and she calmly told us the whole story.   it was on the Kamas side of the Unitahs, the west end of the Uintahs.  Its amazing how many people have had encounters if you ask around.

Edited by trapper

1 hour ago, trapper said:

i just sent out an email now.   hopefully he will get back with me as i haven't seen him in a while.   ill  let you know.

I spoke with a woman who works in a store at the foot of the Uintah mountains a while back who also saw one in that same area.   I just asked her on a whim and she calmly told us the whole story.   it was on the Kamas side of the Unitahs, the west end of the Uintahs.  Its amazing how many people have had encounters if you ask around.

Yup.

It's even more amazing the number of people who initially scoff when the subject comes up...but will eventually go "Well, there was this one thing that happened...". 

Just need to get people comfortable and talking.

7 hours ago, norseman said:

huh? What did she say?

I   think she said phone pictures suck. I agree with her .

Type specimens are so much better.:drinks:

I wish out primatologists were so dedicated. We might be further along than we are now had that been the case. The subject NEEDS SCIENCE along with what science can do these days. I mean it's not like there's no trace evidence to go on because there's plenty of trace evidence as your images and those of other researchers will attest. Thanks for responding.

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

I   think she said phone pictures suck. I agree with her .

Type specimens are so much better.:drinks:

I think everyone would like to have a type specimen PG, that would close the book on the search give us some actual taxonomy. And sorry about the cell phone pics, they tend to be terribly 2 dimentional and lack depth of field but its what I had and better than nothing IMO.

Also she wasnt refering to the cell phon pictures, she answered the question further up the thread, it was about the video not being in landscape which was also addressed. 

1 hour ago, hiflier said:

I wish out primatologists were so dedicated. We might be further along than we are now had that been the case. The subject NEEDS SCIENCE....

I 100% agree with you! Even if they would simply entertain the idea, they wouldnt have to be sold on the subject, infact I would want someone with a sceptical bent but open minded enough to at least look at the evidence. 

2 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

I think everyone would like to have a type specimen PG, that would close the book on the search give us some actual taxonomy. And sorry about the cell phone pics, they tend to be terribly 2 dimentional and lack depth of field but its what I had and better than nothing IMO.

Also she wasnt refering to the cell phon pictures, she answered the question further up the thread, it was about the video not being in landscape which was also addressed. 

Oh! Oh no! That’s a giant can of worms! Many bigfooters are not out to prove anything to science,

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Skinwalker13 said:

I 100% agree with you! Even if they would simply entertain the idea, they wouldnt have to be sold on the subject, infact I would want someone with a sceptical bent but open minded enough to at least look at the evidence. 

The subject would be taken more seriously by fellow scientists if there were  more solid evidence that is measurable.  Plaster casts of footprints,  credible witnesses, unreliable contaminated DNA,

supposed sound and film recordings  will not suffice. 

Neither will a 52 year old film. The film is iconic and absolutely the best I ever saw. Many so called experts have many conclusions. Bill Munns did a super fantastic job with his analysis of the film subject.

His book is great and there are several others about the subject. I have read several. Still, I must come back to the fact it  is belief and opinion. Without a body to examine ,test and document.

Edited by Patterson-Gimlin
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

A most excellent initial report,  Skinwalker13. Well written and appreciated. Plussed for your worthy contribution.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

The subject would be taken more seriously by fellow scientists if there were  more solid evidence that is measurable.  Plaster casts of footprints,  credible witnesses, unreliable contaminated DNA,

Of course none of this will matter to science. What it only matters is to the witness . That what they encountered was not some thing they imagine . That there was proof of what they heard and had encountered and that they do not have to go through time thinking if it was  all real. Now they can clear their thoughts and know that what they experience did happen. Is this not what happens to most of us who have encountered these creatures .We want to go look for answers to the things that we experience. We need that proof for our selves. It does not matter to anyone else. It only matters to the person who witnessed the experience.

This is why there are people who go out to investigate these sightings. These are the people who vet these sightings out. It is up to science whether they want to investigate these creatures further. If science refuses to investigate these creatures with the evidence at hand . Then science is not science by the mere definition.

Science is the study of the nature and behavior of natural things and the knowledge that we obtain about them.

Edited by ShadowBorn
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Kind of a convenient Catch 22. If science doesn't recognize Sasquatch as a natural thing then it doesn't have to study it. How nice. But this is straying from Skinwalker13's thread so we should probably start veering back to the  topic.

6 hours ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Neither will a 52 year old film. The film is iconic and absolutely the best I ever saw. Many so called experts have many conclusions. Bill Munns did a super fantastic job with his analysis of the film subject.

His book is great and there are several others about the subject. I have read several. Still, I must come back to the fact it  is belief and opinion. Without a body to examine ,test and document.

I agree PG, even though i saw something I cant explain back in 2001 I still will not, with 100% certainty, say it was a bigfoot. Bill is a hero of mine in a few ways, im also a VFX guy and build costumes, toys, and props. So even before I knew of his annalysis of the PGF I followed his work. I also agree with you on how is ultimately based on belief and opinion. I'm more skeptical then i let on, even with my own accounts. Prior to posting any of the evidence it was ran by just about every name the community recognizes as house hold names for their peer review, which I realize can be biased due to the subject matter. But none the less I tried to cover all the bases and sidestep my own thoughts before running out to the world or even the witness and showing them the trace evidence. I wanted to try to debunk it as much as i could before releasing any info.

Edited by Skinwalker13

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

:lol:

She's a preschool teacher so habitually repeats thing in order to get the message through.

:D

preschool you say, god bless her patients.   I see now how she tolerates all the antics here so well!  :rofl:

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

A most excellent initial report,  Skinwalker13. Well written and appreciated. Plussed for your worthy contribution.

Thank you, incorrigible1! I appreciate the complement.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic