WV sighting report/investigation

Skinwalker13

19 minutes ago, Skinwalker13 said:

@BlackRockBigfoot always err on the side of casting everything if for no other reason than to keep your skills up to snuff.

Ill post up close shots of the toes shortly. 

That's a pretty good idea on casting.  I am always stingy with the casting material, because I am limited to what I carry in.  I should just cast more just to stay proficient at it.  

• Upvote 1

1075367189_footridges.thumb.jpg.a04f0c5cc8c39128ba527f4d9e0c88e3.jpg

See if this is the left foot. Then the ridges should be towards the right if they are placed down. But since we are looking at these prints towards us then the ridges are facing toward the left. So it might be possible that this track is from a bigfoot. That you were able to grab this print in a muddy soil. This makes it a very good job at what you did. It is not easy to get a print like this in mud. Did you use some thing to pull the water out of the track before you poured the plaster ? I am at awed with your track find. Actually I am glowing over you track find. Not an easy task. Look forward to seeing those close up photo's.  

Also there is another tell that this may not be a fake. I wish not express it here though.  But this track is wider then what you have high lighted in red. But is not the tell of the track. I am not sure if most people see it. But you have a good find.

Edited by ShadowBorn

• 2 weeks later...

Skinwalker13

What impressions do you have of your castings? Like what info have you gained of this casting of this print? I see it as a good cast in where this print was taken from. Even if the print was made in the mud you can gain allot of knowledge off this print. From my point of view I was able to gain some dermal ridges off this casting. Not a whole allot of it but some. I am surprise that that material or mud/sand from which the foot was planted into was able to pick up such detail.  

• 3 months later...

So I've got some updates on the investigation area. It ranges 3 hollows that share a central ridge. Ive not been updating here because the work in this area actually captured the attention of some folks and we have kept a lot of stuff under our hats. That ridge has multiple abandoned mine openings, multiple streams, 2 creeks, and loads of avilable food sources. Unfortunately theres still some data thats been gathered that im not able to share but will be very public in the coming months. Ive still got until early spring I believe before everyone knows EXACTLY where this area is so im going to continue making the best of it while it's still kinda quiet. I did publish my map over in field trips 2.0 if anyone wants to look, you can get a head start on the rest of the world, at least on the cluster of active areas. Were working on setting up some recording devices now, there has already been audio captured but I'm hopeing to get some that i can share here soon that are unrelated to the project I was involved in with the area. 

I understand this has all been kinda vague and shadowed a bit but its been a wild year so far. This area has now yeilded multiple casts, multiple encounters with as few as 1 and as many as 14 witnesses. We have also had 2 visuals, one of which was with Jon, the guy who had the encounter that got me back into this area after years of thinking the area had died down. We, both along with another guy saw the back of the head and left shoulder of a large bi-pedal creature rushing off into the thickets. I may start a new thread for the continued research of this area.

• Upvote 2

On 11/22/2020 at 1:29 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

So I've got some updates on the investigation area. It ranges 3 hollows that share a central ridge. Ive not been updating here because the work in this area actually captured the attention of some folks and we have kept a lot of stuff under our hats. That ridge has multiple abandoned mine openings, multiple streams, 2 creeks, and loads of avilable food sources. Unfortunately theres still some data thats been gathered that im not able to share but will be very public in the coming months. Ive still got until early spring I believe before everyone knows EXACTLY where this area is so im going to continue making the best of it while it's still kinda quiet. I did publish my map over in field trips 2.0 if anyone wants to look, you can get a head start on the rest of the world, at least on the cluster of active areas. Were working on setting up some recording devices now, there has already been audio captured but I'm hopeing to get some that i can share here soon that are unrelated to the project I was involved in with the area. 

I understand this has all been kinda vague and shadowed a bit but its been a wild year so far. This area has now yeilded multiple casts, multiple encounters with as few as 1 and as many as 14 witnesses. We have also had 2 visuals, one of which was with Jon, the guy who had the encounter that got me back into this area after years of thinking the area had died down. We, both along with another guy saw the back of the head and left shoulder of a large bi-pedal creature rushing off into the thickets. I may start a new thread for the continued research of this area.

Please do!!! Can't wait to hear more.

• Upvote 1

On 11/22/2020 at 1:29 AM, Skinwalker13 said:

Eager to see what you are able to share!

• Upvote 1

Thank you, that's great news SK13. So glad you've had some successes and visuals. Good luck with everything and look forward to whatever you are comfortable sharing. I also get the impression that you are carefully documenting everything where possible. Nice casting work, too.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

My wife and I were hiking the area today just getting our dog some exercise when she noticed some tracks running perpendicular to the trail and making 3 total steps across it. One was un-touched the other two were kriss crossed with mt. Bike tread. Of course I never hike w/o plaster. 28° this evening as we were leaving which made for a extra long trip back and fourth as I took my wife and dpg back to the truck while there was still some daylight left. I then went back to the spot where the plasted had been curing for about 40 min by the time I made it back and then high tailed it back to the truck to get the cast cleaned up. Here the pics of what we found, without even really being out there to find anything.

0110211721.jpg

0110211722_HDR.jpg

0110211918_HDR.jpg

• Upvote 2

Brass bench stock is set in place to mark the area where overpour begins. Print measures 8.5 inches long and 5 inches wide at the ball, 3.25 inches at the heel. Heel is rounded and smooth with the excepting of the cast running through a mycelial thread and capturing the path of the thread. 

0111210007.jpg

0111210009.jpg

0111210008.jpg

• Upvote 1

Good work, Skinwalker and spouse! 
I noticed in the Next to last picture: strange little figure with shiny beady eyes and a skinny arm showing.  A few more characters in the background. Is this your museum of the weird and unexplained?

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Wolfjewel said:

Good work, Skinwalker and spouse! 
I noticed in the Next to last picture: strange little figure with shiny beady eyes and a skinny arm showing.  A few more characters in the background. Is this your museum of the weird and unexplained?

thanks!

kinda lol, im also an independent toy maker, that little guy is a work in progress and is part of our "Cryptid Creeper" line at Wild & Weird West Virginia LLC. if your interested in seeign any of my other stuff its all on instagram under skinwalker_sculpts

• Upvote 3

@Skinwalker13

Was this the only track found that day ? I am only saying this since the track looks very odd. It looks like it is the right foot since you can see the big toe on the left. But what looks different is that it looks bent to the right. The toes are facing towards the right and look very odd. The whole foot looks very odd to me and am not sure if you have notice this. If there were other prints did these prints keep the same shape. They do not seem like some thing that solid bone might do in muddy soil. I have also seen this in some other tracks that I have found as well. Elastic bone structure is what I am trying to say. Just very odd.