Bigfoot hand found?

norseman

My son sent this to me.

Supposedly a cougar was chewing on this around Mt. St. Helens?

Does anyone know more? Is it a hoax?

25570F73-42D4-4C52-86D2-000E3BE85BEB.png

Raccoon hand

E820B550-CE52-444F-A5F0-1048F37E1993.jpeg

hiflier
Posted (edited)

Doesn't look raccoon though hard to tell size. The nails/claws don't look like anything I've ever seen which look pretty wide and flat compared to the thickness of the digits. Really should try to get possession of it if you can.

Edited by hiflier
norseman

Not sure of the source.

hiflier
Posted (edited)

No worries. Maybe the person who found it will step up. Generally speaking, things like this don't go unnoticed for long, if you know what I mean. If it's real then it's pretty serious. It just doesn't look animal. So either an animal was chewing on it somewhere around Mount Saint Helens, or it's what's left of a Chimpanzee that was either killed by it's own and scavanged, or was cast off/left after the body was taken for bush meat.....i.e., Africa.

Edited by hiflier
JustCurious

Someone on the reddit post says it's a beaver paw.  It does look like a possibility especially since it matches the 'ring finger' distortion.  Hard to tell without something for scale.

hiflier
Posted (edited)

Cool, that looks about right. Never knew they had fingernails/toenails like those:

1382628483_BeaverPaw1.jpg.0ef95f82fd245438afdaa79fa1d82442.jpg

1068355240_BeaverPaw2.jpg.70a55f8ff84bde8362c2c10b0641824d.jpg

Beaver paw

Edited by hiflier
  • 3 months later...
KronoFury

The fingernails definitely look like they belong to an ape. But they also seem a little too groomed, causing me to believe this is most likely a hoax

My first thought was beaver. Something to provide scale would be nice. It doesn't look really big.

KronoFury
On 8/27/2020 at 8:42 PM, Doug said:

My first thought was beaver. Something to provide scale would be nice. It doesn't look really big.

I agree about it not looking very big. Either it is pretty small, or that is some ridiculously oversized blades of grass.

ShadowBorn

It's beaver no doubt. That blade grass is about 3" long and you can tell that there is webbing in between the toes.