"believer" Turned "skeptic"

Guest COGrizzly

OK, but are they evidence of Bigfoot if they are 'I don't knows'?

With a competent investigation, they would not be 'I dont knows', but attributable to something known. There should be no 'I dont knows' from a scientific viewpoint. If it is unresolved, do more study and find the answers. If the answers are based on facts, then you have the truth, either way. Of course this would take much work and time and its easier to call it a myth. UPs

With a competent investigation, they would not be 'I dont knows', but attributable to something known. There should be no 'I dont knows' from a scientific viewpoint. If it is unresolved, do more study and find the answers. If the answers are based on facts, then you have the truth, either way. Of course this would take much work and time and its easier to call it a myth. UPs

Until it's known, it's unknown. There should be all "I don't knows" from a scientific viewpoint, until they are knowns. If you find a track that looks like a large bare foot it does not make it a bigfoot print; although, it could be.

Guest TooRisky

But Peggy Sue, if she really loved me, would come around once in awhile, wouldn't she? :)

LOL...I think we all know of a Peggy Sue... She makes a lot of men, and breaks a lot of men... ;)

Sorry to burst your bubble, but Peggy Sue (bigfoot) doesn't love you. Peggy Sue doesn't love the other guys, either. She just wants to be left alone.

Well, I'll always love her, even if I'm not really sure what she looks like. :)

Guest COGrizzly

COGriz,

I asked previously what caused the tracks or imprints in the snow and if you do not want to share that, I will understand. ...

If you were able to figure out what caused the imprints in the snow, this may help people figure out what made the trackways they observed. (wiki).

Sorry I did not get back to you...super busy with work and have not been on the BFF in a while. The tracks were almost surely bipedal and very large, in deep snow, going uphill (very steep). Many people saw them and no one could identify them. My buddy and I still talk about them from time to time. The only thing it could have been MAYBE was a stotting animal or a rabbit or fox. But what was so weird or amazing was there was NOTHING in between the tracks, as in snow coming from the bunnies body. There WAS a triangular pile of snow at the toe of each step/print. The prints were in deep (3 feet) snow. I have no idea what made them and neither did a "big game" pro.

Guest COGrizzly

...and just to add...

I am not 100% sasquatch exists, nor am I 100% it does NOT exist.

It may very well be likely that those tracks were made by something "known", but what that was I do not know (nor those other people).

I did watch a mule deer stot in snow a few years ago. I took pics of it and put it up on the old BFF. Got a lot of responses and finally I fessed up that it was a mulie. The tracks, while slightly similiar, were not like the ones I saw.

It could be a santa claus print, but you cant expect someone to invest to find out.

Well, a competent investigator would look for Rudolf's tracks and maybe some wrapping paper. That is always a dead give away. :D

COGriz....thanks for the reply. I am in the same boat as you as far as balancing on the fence. I was hoping that you were able to figure out what left the tracks. I guess it will have to be another unknown. UPs

For 27 years I had been a believer that bigfoot was a real animal, and in the authenticity of what the PGF, revealed.

Through the 80s and 90s, the occasional program like "In Search Of" would renew my interest.

With the advent of the internet, and the ability to read personal accounts and stories, combined with what I believed the PGF revealed, I became convinced that bigfoot was real.

Two friends of mine and myself had made plans to go on our own bigfoot expedition to Northern California. It was about a year and a half away. That would give us time to plan and save up enough to purchase or rent equipment. Our expedition never materialize.

When "Sasquatch: Legend Meets Science" became available, I purchased it. It was the PGF portion of the cd, that caused me to come to the conclusion, that the PGF was a hoax, and started me down the path to skepticism. That was six years ago. At first I thought, well, the PGF is a hoax, but that doesn't mean that bigfoot isn't real. What I soon realized was, that it was the PGF that was mainly responsible for my former belief in bigfoot's existence.

I still enjoy reading other's personal accounts, but since my personal debunking of the PGF, some six years ago, combined with the lack of any substantial evidence since that time, I have become a reluctant skeptic. I still hold out hope that they are out there, but with each passing year, and the absence of real evidence, I find it harder and harder to imagine that bigfoot is out there.

I claim to have proved, nothing, to anyone but myself.

For 27 years I had been a believer that bigfoot was a real animal, and in the authenticity of what the PGF, revealed.

Through the 80s and 90s, the occasional program like "In Search Of" would renew my interest.

With the advent of the internet, and the ability to read personal accounts and stories, combined with what I believed the PGF revealed, I became convinced that bigfoot was real.

This is something I could have written about myself.

From around age 10 into my early 40's I was excited about this subject, altho no one in my life knew. BF sites were the first thing I would begin to seek out on the 'net after learning email and where to turn the newfangled thing on.

Alas, where I used to say "bet they're out there", I now say "don't know, but don't think so". :unsure:

For me, it's just been too many decades between public awareness and a giant femur being found or a totalled vehicle with roadside gigantopithecarcass or another image provoking the bickering and bare knuckles brawling of the PGF.

• 1 year later...
Guest JiggyPotamus

I support and respect your opinions and beliefs, and I also don't see anything wrong, or even strange, about you changing your beliefs to encompass new insights and knowledge. That's what we should do. Without having an actual close observation of a sasquatch, it is hard to believe fully that they exist.

Most of the individuals who believe 100% have had a sighting from a relatively close distance. I do wonder this though: if you no longer "believe," or are questioning the existence of sasquatch, what conclusions have you drawn from the tracks you found in the snow?

I suppose if that in the back of your mind you think they could be tracks from a different animal, including man, maybe with a bit of snow-melt, it is then a bit easier for me to understand your skepticism. But then again, tracks in themselves are not all THAT definitive. I am sure one's brain just "knows" that extant circumstances could sometimes account for such unusual occurrences.

I also wanted to mention to you that I think your skepticism is a very healthy one, unlike other individuals I have encountered in the past. I hope that you are lucky enough to have a sighting in the near future, and I hope that it is a pleasant one. I know you will believe completely after that!!!

Edited by JiggyPotamus

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things. Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

So, how 'bout you? Have you waivered on your "belief" in sasquatch as of late?

I am leaning the other way nowadays. I used to chalk bigfoot stories up to bears mostly but am encouraged with the potential from the Ketchum Report. I find it hard to believe that a laboratory would attempt a hoax or get overly excited about DNA that matched known species. Much of the visual evidence seems hokey to me including the footprints and the PG film.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest SwampMonster

Several years ago I found large (not huge), walking, barefoot tracks on a sandy logging road in Holmes County, FL where I can't imagine why an adult human would be walking barefooted. It was around 40 degrees, had rained before daylight, and it was around 8:00 AM when I found the tracks, so they were pretty fresh. I wear a size 11 boot and the tracks were a bit longer and wider than my boot print.

I thought of BF at the time, briefly. I was much more of a skeptic then than I am now, but what it did was made me consider the possibility that BF exists more seriously.

I know this is different than seeing tracks in deep snow, since the struggle an animal might have getting through snow could skew what would be it's normal tracks and thus leave some doubts in the mind. I am not 100% convinced that the tracks that I saw were left by BF despite the fact that I have tried unsuccessfully to explain them otherwise. I will add that I had never even seen so much as another boot print on that road, and haven't since.

If I had watched a BF making those tracks, it would have been a "HOLY CRAP!" moment. Finding only the tracks let me with "hmmmmmmm....." for a lifetime.

Edited by SwampMonster

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic