"believer" Turned "skeptic"

Guest COGrizzly

Guest COGrizzly

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things. Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

So, how 'bout you? Have you waivered on your "belief" in sasquatch as of late?

Edited by COGrizzly

Guest TooRisky

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things. Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

OK so you are on the fence...or have gone all the way to being a nay sayer... There is nothing wrong with having an opinion that you fully believe in...

Hey it is OK to be a skeptic, they are people who for what ever reason choose to disbelieve rather than to believe... Nothing wrong with that...

Me I am proud to say that I have been lucky, I have had 2 sightinging in like 30 years... Look this is a personel choice and decision, no one should feel ashamed to confirm a sighting... In retrospect no skeptic should feel any embarassment in their questioning of the validity of a sighting... Lets just respect each other.... Me this is my goal, not to prove anything, but to have good and healthy debate where both sides have an equal say and to debate this topic with earnest and truth...

Edited by TooRisky

Sounds like you are now confident that your have identified what left the trackway that you found back in 2004. As you are so certain you now know what left them, can you tell us what left them? UPs

IFI had an experience or an encounter of some sort, it would take more than words from another person to change my belief. All arguments aside, they are merely another's opinion of their belief. One persons belief is just as valid as another's. For me to waiver in my opinion or conviction would take PROOF as strong or valid, to me, as the initial proof that formed my original belief in the first place

No, I don't waiver. I might question the idea of how many there are or which areas they inhabit and I might waiver on things like that but I'm still convinced there are some sasquatches in at least some places. How many left and are they going to last much longer is my biggest ponder.

Admin

Griz,

Those are two of the worst reasons to blame your skepticism on :lol:

I've gone from almost believer to currently just sas-qurious due to the content on sites like BFRO - the McKenzie River footage most recently, and before that, the IMAX footage (and being banned from the forum for asking members to used a little deductive reasoning before jumping into true believer mode). The current state of scientific BF research is, unfortunately, populated with unqualified hysterics and Tom Biscardi's.

I've never been certain either way and don't know how anyone could be, unless you truly believe you've seen it.

My story is the same as many. Watched Boggy in the theater twice and all the '70's documentaries as a youngster, read everything I could get my hands on and loved the idea of a "monster" in the woods. Reading nonsensationalizing material John Green and others provided helped put the matter into proper perspective, helping me realize if there are such creatures that they are unknown animals and not related to UFO's or monsters or materializing spirits or wise mountain people or other proposed entities. Some others and some Native Americans may think otherwise, but it's the tenet I subscribed to. One gets older and wiser and starts realizing how much one doesn't know, so learns not to dismiss outright everything that seems insane on the surface and, rather, simply and respectfully agrees to disagree.

Without writing a book about it, I'll just say I spent a few decades thinking they're likely there before thinking they're likely not as of late. To those who truly believe they've seen one, you know I'm not speaking to you, but I'm sure you understand how the extraordinary claims/extraordinary evidence thing works for gaining acceptance.

Despite much unpleasant sour grapes on the controversy, I do enjoy hearing the skeptics and proponents putting their thoughts down on the forum.

Edited by Hud

I've followed BF for about 40 + years. I did originally believe that BF existed.

But in the past say 15 years I have wavered...to the point now, where I don't believe BF exists.

One thing and one thing only will change my mind...make me a believer again.

If a BF is found, captured, examined and assessed by biologists or other accredited scientists.

In this digital age, I don't trust pictures as I know what some photo wizards can do with computer manipulation.

S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

This appears to me to be a case of blowing with the winds of propaganda, whether it is here or "another forum".

I saw a track way myself, and there's nothing anybody can say "on another forum" that can change that (as much as they try, for whatever reason).

Not even a little bit, and those on "the other forum" had plenty of chances to sway me with their words (as nasty as they got) until they banned me there.

It's not about my belief anymore. I know these animals are real. That and $5 will buy me a cup of coffee at Starbucks. 50 years and all we have is a mountain of trace and anecdotal evidence, most of which even I am skeptical of. Let's face it, the evidence we have sucks. I am of the belief we need to try new ideas, because what has been done clearly is not working. For me it's not about belief anymore. I want the proof. I am not knocking what anyone else does and this is only my personal opinion, but I want to just get it done.

Not even a little bit, and those on "the other forum" had plenty of chances to sway me with their words (as nasty as they got) until they banned me there.

Dude, you committed suicide by mod in the religious section after multiple warnings and it had zero to do with you, Bigfoot, and the section Bigfoot is discussed in. Why are you playing it like they were mean and banned you and like it had anything to do with Bigfoot? It was your determination to be mean and flout the rules that got you banned. Also, shouldn't you keep your issues with other forums out of here? If I wanted, I could clack the day away talking about other forums.

This is the new BFF. It's a new forum and everyone gets a new start. Let's talk Bigfoot.

Guest Yeti1974

What does the PGF have to do with proving anything, by the way? I don't care if it's the biggest hoax on the planet, you still have to explain sightings, and those pesky footprints that you saw in the snow.

We've only been seriously looking for this animal for 50 years. Give it more time. In the meantime, take comfort in footprints, sightings, and the occasional and questionable photos and videos.

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic