"believer" Turned "skeptic"

Guest COGrizzly

IFI had an experience or an encounter of some sort, it would take more than words from another person to change my belief. All arguments aside, they are merely another's opinion of their belief. One persons belief is just as valid as another's. For me to waiver in my opinion or conviction would take PROOF as strong or valid, to me, as the initial proof that formed my original belief in the first place

that being what?

Fenris, I'm genuinely interested in what you're saying. I'm not quite sure I understand. My opinion makes me a tough sell for this thread's purpose. What exactly do you mean? Do you mean my not believing in Bigfoot makes my position hard to support to people? I'm sorry if I muddled that up.

Going from the position of being a life long passionate believer of Bigfoot since the age of eight and coming to total skepticism on the subject was a long road and there's no turning back for me. The only way is forward and the only thing that will alter my position is proof, reliable evidence, or quality video of good provenance. I think I'm far more open than most. We need a Bigfoot body or a significant chunk of one before we catalogue Bigfoot as an extant species of hominid ape. That's the way it's been done since Linnaeus and it's not going to change now or anytime soon, nor should it.

The perpetual No Bigfoot Day have taken their toll on many, and so they should. It's not 1972 0r 2002, and Bigfoot is not supposed to be a quasi-theological thing where we need rally cries of, "Keep the faith, brother!" I think the people who are convinced they have seen Bigfoot are one thing, but those who haven't and have become skeptical are completely justified in doing so. Do you think that is fair? I imagine you would.

COGriz,

I asked previously what caused the tracks or imprints in the snow and if you do not want to share that, I will understand. The key is to determine what left these and if you were able to do this, I think that's awesome. There are so many pieces of physical evidence and sighting reports that we cannot solve that makes this topic so interesting. I have never had a sighting, but I sure find it strange that we cannot determine what/who is responsible for this evidence (tracks, hair, sightings, etc). I do know that bf can exist as described (generally). As far as the 2 posters you mentioned in your OP, when I read their posts, it has become obvious to me that they are not skeptics, but pseudo skeptics and thus do not seem to look at things objectively (my opinion). Some of the real skeptics on this site have made some good points in the past and those are the ones that seem to be trying to get to the truth.

If you were able to figure out what caused the imprints in the snow, this may help people figure out what made the trackways they observed. On the other hand, if someone proved to you that they do not exist, it would be a benefit to all of us to see that proof. UPs

ps. All of that being said, if I looked hard for 30 years and came up empty, I would probably lose interest in the subject. Also, there is a reference to pseudo skepticism in another thread and my use of it here is based on that reference and definition (wiki).

Guest Yeti1974

Rene Dahendin and Grover Krantz both died without seeing a sasquatch, or seeing "the body" brought in.

Thus, I will shed few tears for those who spend years only to complain about "where's my sasquatch?"

First of all let me say that every one is entitled to their own opinions.

But to change your opinion on what a couple of people say that hang around a forum on a subject they do not even believe in I just do not understand. Like yourself when I watch the pg film I see a real animal. So do most experts by experts I mean experts on film and other things. The pg film is 43 years old and no one has proven it is faked yet. Sure some have tried from finding a hanging tag to many other things. But to this day no one has proven it as fake and can back it up.

But the point is the pg film is just a film and should not change your mind one way or the other. The same can be said about people on the internet. To let someone change your mind on a subject just by posting on a online forum is just wrong.

Now I do not know what was said to change your mind as I do not read them sort of topics much as it is just silly to me that someone would hang around a place when they do not agree with the subject. If I did not believe in Bigfoot no way I would hang around a Bigfoot forum bad talking it. I would move onto something I believe in and want to learn more about. I do not go to religious forums for that reason I also do not go to ghost forums and many others because I just do not believe in them. Can you see yourself hanging around a forum like they do that you just do not believe in the subject ? What a waste of life.

Everyone needs to make up their own minds about things. Sure you can consider what someone says in doing it. If they can say something to change your mind more power to them. But if I seen something with my own eyes it would take solid proof not just words to change my mind. You seen something solid if the forum of tracks. Can anyone show you proof that something else made them tracks ? I have found a track myself and can say someone would have to show me that something else made it for me to change my mind, No picture or words could change my mind just some solid evidence that something else made that track.

Admin

In the meantime, take comfort in footprints, sightings, and the occasional and questionable photos and videos.

:lol: Is there some other kind?

SSR Team

I saw tracks in 2004 in the snow that several other people saw and they too, could not explain what the heck they were. One guy even was a lifelong big game hunter and he was dumbfounded. The tracks were in deep snow, uphill and at least 18 inches long. Many of you know my story and the details.

So, between then and now, I've done enough poking around and now feel as if.....ehhhhhh-em....I may be a skeptic....because of a few things. Number one, the words of a few members here, k______e and S_______c. The PGF, although still looking real to me, may have been a hoax. Number 2, S_______c has said some very convincing things here (and on another forum - sorry, faux pa) that has made a lot of sense to me.

So, how 'bout you? Have you waivered on your "belief" in sasquatch as of late?

So is it an actual Medical condition that you & those other people have got for your own eyes then COGrizzly or ............. ?? ;)

I don't get it..

So sorry for me not being completely familiar with your account but were they or weren't they BF Tracks ( in your opinion i guess is all we can go on for an answer to that ) & if they were, why on Earth would other people's words sway your way of thinking unless you think that they have since become extinct ??

I honestly don't understand, unless they weren't BF Tracks & you know they weren't, which i get the feeling you don't.. :D

But to change your opinion on what a couple of people say that hang around a forum on a subject they do not even believe in I just do not understand.

To let someone change your mind on a subject just by posting on a online forum is just wrong.

Now I do not know what was said to change your mind as I do not read them sort of topics much as it is just silly to me that someone would hang around a place when they do not agree with the subject.

Sure you can consider what someone says in doing it. If they can say something to change your mind more power to them.

First, I'm sorry, but I don't have more time to figure out where the hidden compartment/secret code is that allows me to use the individual quotes to respond to each, one at a time, so I took the liberty of eliminating material to which I did not want to respond.

Micahn, there is a contradiction there in your post, btw.

I myself have wondered what motivates anyone to spend what seems to be much of their retirement time over the course of years to attempt to shed light on what should be silly, completely irrelevent tabloid fodder to someone with a hard skeptic's or nonbeliever's attitude. If there were a forum where a group debates whether there are moonmen because a few have claimed evidence, would they show up there to try to reason with those people? Maybe they enjoy strutting intellectual prowess because those in real life clasp hands over ears and flee when they begin to orate them there big words nobody uses and this is a place to have an audience. Then again, maybe their love for others is so great, they actually do wish to enlighten about why bigfoot (or moonmen) are not likely there. Guess it doesn't matter.

No one should be afraid to listen and try to understand another's point of view, and I don't know what motivates hardliner "don't exist" posters to be here, but I wouldn't spend more than one visit to this site if they weren't here to give balance. In between a few of the unnecessary, pretentious rarely-used words, there is some good solid legitimate reasoning and logic to be considered. Please try to keep an open mind.

Unfortunately, this a sidetracked from the original question of have your beliefs wavered. If we want to debate why certain folks post on these forums, maybe that deserves it's own thread.

Edited by Old Dog

I used to believe Peggy Sue loved me and nobody else...I never saw her out with anyone else, mind you, but after enough guys told me she was a flirt, well, it got me to thinking.

I see nothing wrong with COGrizz changing his mind based on what others are saying. After all, new perspectives can shed light on things you haven't considered.

I used to love Bigfoot, er, Peggy Sue, but I just haven't been around her enough to sustain the love.

Guest RedRatSnake

I was a very firm believer when i came around the BF forums like 3 years ago but as time has gone bye my belief has faded some for sure, i don't really take to much of the skeptic's rebuffs on any of the BF research to seriously cause basically they just try to hard to shoot things down and those types of attitudes towards anything that needs to be investigated always brings things to quick dead end IMHO, i am still very interested in sighting reports and foot print casts and right now thats what is keeping me interested.

Edited by RedRatSnake

I used to believe Peggy Sue loved me and nobody else...I never saw her out with anyone else, mind you, but after enough guys told me she was a flirt, well, it got me to thinking.

So, you now believe the testimony of "enough guys", and no longer believe Peggy Sue loves you and nobody else. Either way, it's belief, isn't it?

I see nothing wrong with COGrizz changing his mind based on what others are saying. After all, new perspectives can shed light on things you haven't considered.

Yup. Blowing with the wind is fine. Most light objects do so. An old Shaolin proverb advises to be like a leaf in the stream; it can go no faster or slower than the current.

I prefer to be a leaf that is still well anchored on the tree, thanks.........

I used to love Bigfoot, er, Peggy Sue, but I just haven't been around her enough to sustain the love.

And that's Peggy Sue's fault?

• masterbarber locked and unlocked this topic
  • masterbarber locked this topic