Another cross post from Reddit

Twist
Posted (edited)

Is anyone familiar with the following:

Edited by Twist

NatFoot

Interesting.

VAfooter

Indeed, much better than the average blobsquatch...

Need to know the backstory on this before getting too excited.

norseman

The nose reminds me of a gorilla.

BlackRockBigfoot
On 5/21/2020 at 12:12 AM, norseman said:

The nose reminds me of a gorilla.

That's what I am seeing.

I don't know why they are going with this being a Dogman.  To me, an obvious muzzle would be one of the defining characteristics of an upright canine along with the distinctive doglike legs.  

I don't see a muzzle here.  I see a fairly flat face.

• Upvote 2

Nipissing

Certain cryptids are very trendy on Reddit; everything's a dogman, rake, or skinwalker anymore.

BlackRockBigfoot
On 6/12/2020 at 10:43 PM, Nipissing said:

Certain cryptids are very trendy on Reddit; everything's a dogman, rake, or skinwalker anymore.

Crypto-tainment.  

A lot of people desire a little bit of magic and mystery to spice up their mundane everyday lives.  It's been that way since the first humans gathered around the fire and swapped tall tales.  

Now, instead of campfires, we have podcasts, internet forums, and YouTube. Stories grow and evolve.  First it was just Bigfoot along with a few regionalized cryptids. Then, Dogman joined the party.  Now, you hear people giving first person accounts of the Rake.

I spend a lot of my time in the woods looking for a giant hairy biped that isn't supposed to exist, along with other general weirdness like hauntings and strange lights. So, I try not to come down too hard on other people and what they believe that exists.  However, a lot of the dogman/rake stuff comes across as larping or some sort of ARG.  Meaning, I hear a lot of discussion about them, but haven't seen much actual investigation into them.  The guys who do talk about investigating dogman come across more like that they are playing a role for fun.

Of course, I might see one myself one night and end up having people think that I am spinning a tall tale myself.  

• Upvote 1

Patterson-Gimlin

Thanks for sharing. Not sure what it is. Probably an ape. Certainly not a man ape

VAfooter
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Meaning, I hear a lot of discussion about them, but haven't seen much actual investigation into them.  The guys who do talk about investigating dogman come across more like that they are playing a role for fun.

Well, who in their right mind would actually go looking for a dogman....  :whistle:     :wink:

BlackRockBigfoot
8 minutes ago, VAfooter said:

Well, who in their right mind would actually go looking for a dogman....  :whistle:     :wink:

Lol.  Are you involved with the search for Dogman?

In that case, you have probably seen what I have seen.  Guys talking about going into state and national parks carrying Barret .50s and stuff.  Going in armed to the teeth with assault rifles and body armor.  

NCBFr

If somebody told me there was a BF in the woods behind my house, I would have not qualms poking around and maybe trying to get a pic.  If someone told me there was a Dogman in the woods behind my house the answer would be good luck, let me know if you see anything.  I want nothing to do with them.

As to the pic in the post, I would be interested in the location.  I am not an arborist but it looks like a tropical environment dominated by palm like trees.  Like other comments I see more ape than canine. 

VAfooter
1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Guys talking about going into state and national parks carrying Barret .50s and stuff.  Going in armed to the teeth with assault rifles and body armor.  

Like my grandfather always said, "If you are going to shoot a dogman, it is better to do it from a mile away..."   :lol:

I want nothing to do with dogmen either. Aggressive, ill tempered, of foul humor, and downright terrifying. Nope, you can have them all!

• Haha 1

NatFoot

I'd be curious to know if the average BF believer also believed in Dogmen?

I don't and find the idea hilarious...but I also believe there are BF out there.

BlackRockBigfoot
1 hour ago, NatFoot said:

I'd be curious to know if the average BF believer also believed in Dogmen?

I don't and find the idea hilarious...but I also believe there are BF out there.

First off, I always preface this by saying that I live in a glass house, in a glass town, on a glass planet as far as High Strangeness goes.  I believe that some pretty far out there things are possible, so I try not to immediately dismiss other people's beliefs.  Just because I don't see how it is possible doesn't mean that it is impossible.

That being said, I honestly don't know what is going on with this whole Dogman craze.  That recent Facebook video is intriguing, but upright walking canines?  If there is something there, I would think that it either a more aggressive Bigfoot with a muzzled face or something that is rooted in a more supernatural realm.  The constant reports of the dog-like legs kind of rule out Bigfoot, though.

A lot of the stories give me the impression that the people involved are LARPING, but the same thing could be said about Bigfoot enthusiasts.

I have personally never had an experience that I thought was best explained by the existence of an upright canine, but I have also never been abducted by 'aliens' yet I believe in that phenomenon.

• Upvote 2

NatFoot

Same, man.

• Upvote 1