Poll: Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?

gigantor

Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?

This poll is closed to new votes

Admin

Which do you think is the best candidate for Bigfoot?

Gigantopethicus

A hominid such as:

Paranthropus

Meganthropus

Neanderthal

Homo erectus

Home heidelbergensis

Wood Ape

Forest people

• Upvote 1

I chose Meganthropus because I liked the name the most! :lol:

I actually read the descriptions and the cool named mixed with where it may or not be on the evolutionary chain gave me a good sense of a non homo answer.   This is like a blind dart given my knowledge of evolution.  

• Haha 1

I favor the most recent candidates, Homo Heidelbergensis, Neanderthal, and possibly Denisovan, for both the robustness of their bones, and their closeness to us in time.

Hominid; the giganto theory has neevr been anything more than an attempt to shove a round peg into a square hole. The odds of a largely herbivorous ape from a tropical climate in SE Asia getting to North America, crossing tundra and other foreign terrain without being predated upon by native predators or simply outcompeted, is the longest of long shots, and why would they move if there was no environmental factor to make it needed? Was there any>

Apes: Gorilla/Gibbon/Cimp/Orangutan, have had populations discovered in far more remote places than our own North American backyard, they arent smart enough/not curious enough to remain hidden that long.

Forest People? How does that not lead back to some hominid derivative? Or if you want to head down the woo route, PROVE it...... (Interdimensional, spirit being nonsense without proof.)

• Downvote 1

Admin
1 hour ago, starchunk said:

Forest People? How does that not lead back to some hominid derivative?

That's what some Native American cultures call it, it's different than a relict hominid. Not technically, but culturally. I wanted to differentiate between the two.

2 hours ago, gigantor said:

That's what some Native American cultures call it, it's different than a relict hominid. Not technically, but culturally. I wanted to differentiate between the two.

If you say so, but the more we learn about Neandrathals specifically, they had some element of culture or at least proto culture, guess we just have a slightly different lense.

• Thanks 1

I went with hominid.    It is not necessarily the right answer but it is most consistent with the body of evidence currently available.

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Upvote 3

Oh Boy, tough call, but most of you know I have a preferred hypothesis: After the Chimpanzees (ape brain) split off, a Last Common Ancestor (ape brain) before hominids and Sasquatches was left. That Last Common Ancestor went on to evolved a more advanced primate body and then split into Sasquatches and hominids. Then Sasquatches (ape brain) split off leaving just hominids (Human brain). So my category would be? Hominid body/Ape brain.

Never liked the Giganthopus theory. Don't like the hypothesis of Sasquatch being a true hominid/Forest Person. Don't think it's technically a Wood Ape because I don't look at the creature as being an ape. but it's close.  And, don't think it's a hybrid. A more physically advanced primate, smarter perhaps than an ape, but not even close to Human. Not even primitive Human.

I went with forest people because I am now convinced that they are human. Bryan Sykes has really thrown me for a loop concerning human hybrids vrs various homo species in his book The Nature of the Beast. AFAIC now, it's like polar bears, brown bears, and prizzlies, which is also brought up in the book, especially regarding the Pleistocene polar bear DNA found in the Himalayas.

• Downvote 1

Admin
41 minutes ago, Huntster said:

Bryan Sykes has really thrown me for a loop concerning human hybrids vrs various homo species in his book The Nature of the Beast.

I'm going to have to read it, do you recommend it?

12 hours ago, starchunk said:

Hominid; the giganto theory has neevr been anything more than an attempt to shove a round peg into a square hole. The odds of a largely herbivorous ape from a tropical climate in SE Asia getting to North America, crossing tundra and other foreign terrain without being predated upon by native predators or simply outcompeted, is the longest of long shots, and why would they move if there was no environmental factor to make it needed? Was there any>

Apes: Gorilla/Gibbon/Cimp/Orangutan, have had populations discovered in far more remote places than our own North American backyard, they arent smart enough/not curious enough to remain hidden that long.

Forest People? How does that not lead back to some hominid derivative? Or if you want to head down the woo route, PROVE it...... (Interdimensional, spirit being nonsense without proof.)

Meldrum says looking at the evidence Bigfoot is eating its way through its environment. And if Krantz was right and it was bipedal? It’s not implausible. How did it’s ancestors get from Africa to Asia? We just don’t know enough to know for sure.

I did vote hominid. My mind has shifted to something more like Homo Erectus. But if it was just one step below? It wouldn’t surprise me.

So where are the big signs they are eating their way thru the environment now?  Seems that scat nor environmental impact has been an ongoing evidence trail.   

50 minutes ago, Twist said:

So where are the big signs they are eating their way thru the environment now?  Seems that scat nor environmental impact has been an ongoing evidence trail.   

I posted a video. I will go find it

• gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic