Poll: Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?

gigantor

Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?  

94 members have voted

1. 1. Which is the Best Candidate for Bigfoot?

This poll is closed to new votes

BFF Patron

If I was going on my early research and like for a name I would have gone paranthropus which I believe is the more modern name for what was zinjanthropus at one time; only problem is they were a little too primitive for what I have determined Sasquatch to be at this late date, which is more Heidelbergensis like to me. 

• Upvote 1

I have to go with none of the above.  I am still undecided on weather or not they are a physical projection from our own unconscious minds that has take form ala Jungian thought.   There is too much paranormal phenomenon being reported around them and I have a hard time believing that an animal species has developed abilities on the level that are being reported.  I also cannot account for it being a full fledged flesh and blood creature that for some reason attracts paranormal phenomenon.

• Downvote 1

Looking at Sasquatch suppose traits.

They have no stone tools and possess no fire.

They are larger than humans

They have a thick coat of hair all over their body

They wear no clothes

They are bipedal but some reports say quadraped

They may or may not have a archaic language

Patty’s head looks similar to a large plant eating Paranthropus according to Meldrum

If it’s a member of the genus Homo? It’s a early member. Oldowan tool kits are 2.6 million years.

I'm in good company, with Dr. Meldrum, in selecting Giganto.

Or an evolved version, one that adjusted to, and adapted within its environment as it slowly moved along the land bridge that brought it to N America. Such adaptations could account for a completely changed diet, one that would facilitate its immigration to these shores.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

11 hours ago, Twist said:

So where are the big signs they are eating their way thru the environment now?  Seems that scat nor environmental impact has been an ongoing evidence trail.   

If there are not a lot of them and not a lot of folks looking for such, theres a lot of overlap of the two lackings.

2 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Or an evolved version, one that adjusted to, and adapted within its environment as it slowly moved along the land bridge that brought it to N America. Such adaptations could account for a completely changed diet, one that would facilitate its immigration to these shores.

Disagree, It would have been outcompeted by better suited competitors in new surroundings. Or predated on. A more proto human derivative is much more likley. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

6 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

There is scientific debate over whether Gigantopethicus was bipedal or not. If it was I think it’s very plausible.

If it was not? Then not as much.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

There is scientific debate over whether Gigantopethicus was bipedal or not. If it was I think it’s very plausible.

If it was not? Then not as much.

That still doesnt address why such an ape would have just up and left its habitat for a likely alien one or how it would overcome creatures already there better suited to survive there. The Giganto theory is the least likely save for the woo option.

1 minute ago, starchunk said:

That still doesnt address why such an ape would have just up and left its habitat for a likely alien one or how it would overcome creatures already there better suited to survive there. The Giganto theory is the least likely save for the woo option.

Animals migrate all the time. Red Panda fossils have been found in N. America.

https://markgelbart.wordpress.com/2012/11/30/red-pandas-pristinailurus-bristoli-used-to-live-in-north-america/

And if Sasquatch is essentially Giganto? Then we already know stories of how they deal with bears and humans, etc?

And I disagree wholeheartedly. The least likely non woo theory is the giant Lemur one. By far.

20 hours ago, trapper said:

I am still undecided on weather or not they are a physical projection from our own unconscious minds that has take form ala Jungian thought.

How do those form castable tracks?    .. minus that, there are times I'd like to agree with you, even about my own experiences ... just make it all go away.    But those damned tracks ... plaster doesn't have an imagination for the tracks to be a figment of, y' know?   So unless you know something I don't know about our subconscious' ability to make tracks, I think there has to be a physical entity involved.

MIB

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, MIB said:

How do those form castable tracks?    .. minus that, there are times I'd like to agree with you, even about my own experiences ... just make it all go away.    But those damned tracks ... plaster doesn't have an imagination for the tracks to be a figment of, y' know?   So unless you know something I don't know about our subconscious' ability to make tracks, I think there has to be a physical entity involved.

MIB

I think when people hear about Jung's theories on the paranormal they assume he is saying these beings are not physically present.  This is not his take at all.  You can have direct physical contact with a paranormal being that according to Jung is a fabrication of the collective unconscious mind projected by a numinous force of some incredibly intelligent and powerful kind.  

Imagine a force of infinite intelligence and power that has access to the minds of all human beings.  How hard would it be for the total experience of bigfoot by all people who really have had encounters to be pulled from those minds and projected onto our reality?

So far this theory best explains all the evidence at hand IMO.

Edited by trapper

58 minutes ago, trapper said:

I think when people hear about Jung's theories on the paranormal they assume he is saying these beings are not physically present.  This is not his take at all.  You can have direct physical contact with a paranormal being that according to Jung is a fabrication of the collective unconscious mind projected by a numinous force of some incredibly intelligent and powerful kind.  

Imagine a force of infinite intelligence and power that has access to the minds of all human beings.  How hard would it be for the total experience of bigfoot by all people who really have had encounters to be pulled from those minds and projected onto our reality?

So far this theory best explains all the evidence at hand IMO.

Errrr.........what?

Why would some infinite power over humans chose a BIGFOOT for us to hallucinate visions of?

This is one of those theories that attempts to answer a mystery by dropping a nuke on it and making it a 1000x worse! Let’s suspend our understanding of physics and biology and pretend that if enough humans all envision a pink unicorn? It will manifest itself right in front of us!

Forgot Bigfoot! Where is the evidence that a human mind or a million of them can manifest a physical object out of thin air?

Woo Woo...

1 minute ago, norseman said:

Errrr.........what?

Why would some infinite power over humans chose a BIGFOOT for us to hallucinate visions of?

This is one of those theories that attempts to answer a mystery by dropping a nuke on it and making it a 1000x worse! Let’s suspend our understanding of physics and biology and pretend that if enough humans all envision a pink unicorn? It will manifest itself right in front of us!

Forgot Bigfoot! Where is the evidence that a human mind or a million of them can manifest a physical object out of thin air?

Woo Woo...

You would have to check in with Young  but the manifestations of mythologies throughout history all fulfill some kind of need deep in the subconscious mind.  In this case it has been suggested that bigfoot could be a call within us asking us to return to a better relationship with nature.   UFO's have been suggested to be a current manifestation of what used to appear to us as angels and demons.   

Nothing about our understanding of physics makes the existence of spiritual forces impossible and saying so is unscientific in itself.

I am not saying i know that I am right any more than you can know that you are right.  I am just saying that it is a possibility that fits the data.  Yes its a bit out there but then again you and I are on a bigfoot forum.......  discussing bigfoot so no one gets to pull the straight shooter card without earning the nickname of Pot, as in Pot calling the Kettle black.

• Downvote 2

14 minutes ago, trapper said:

You would have to check in with Young  but the manifestations of mythologies throughout history all fulfill some kind of need deep in the subconscious mind.  In this case it has been suggested that bigfoot could be a call within us asking us to return to a better relationship with nature.   UFO's have been suggested to be a current manifestation of what used to appear to us as angels and demons.   

Nothing about our understanding of physics makes the existence of spiritual forces impossible and saying so is unscientific in itself.

I am not saying i know that I am right any more than you can know that you are right.  I am just saying that it is a possibility that fits the data.  Yes its a bit out there but then again you and I are on a bigfoot forum.......  discussing bigfoot so no one gets to pull the straight shooter card without earning the nickname of Pot, as in Pot calling the Kettle black.

If you say so....

We have uncontested physical proof of bipedal ape men in the fossil record. “Bigfoot” like species existed in Earth’s past.

The only mystery left to solve is two fold. 

Does it exist in the here and now?

Does it exist or has it ever existed in N. America?

If you would like to prove that demons or angels exist? Be my guest. But we don’t have any fossil evidence for them, Therefore when you stir them into the Bigfoot pot? It’s a hinderance and not a help. It isn’t the pot calling the kettle black. And it is “out there”.

19 hours ago, Incorrigible1 said:

Sorry I only had one plus to give. So I found a interview I had not seen before.

• gigantor unpinned this topic
  • gigantor locked this topic