Dmitri Bayanov has passed away at age 88

Redbone

• 2 weeks later...

I saw on Loren Coleman's blog that the date of Dmitri's passing was actually June 1st, 2020. Initially it was thought to be May 28 but that was incorrect. He has most certainly passed away, unfortunately. He was the face of Russian hominology. 

• Sad 1

BFF Patron

He was one of the foremost researchers in Russia and participated in some of the early tech platforms such as email lists, bulletin boards etc.  A changing of the guard is about to occur in this field so some of the young guns are going to have to keep up the charge. May he rest in peace. 

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sad to see him pass. Bayanov has been a prolific contributor to academic research on the almasty. If you run a query on Google scholar, you can see his articles, some are PDF downloads.

The thing with his writing is you have to really buy into his theories or the reading is too dense.  Bayanov is all about the troglodyte and neanderthal, wild man mythologies, so for me, I just need the cliff notes which is Bayanov's Hominology is the study of evidence for the existence of wild bipedal primates, presumed to be relict hominoids or hominids.

Here are some other books of his I found interesting:

The Bayanov Papers

The Making of Hominology: A Science Whose Time Has Come