FREE BigFoot Novel: Yeren

tmonchinski

I've been a fan of Bigfoot since I was a kid, saw Boggy Creek and Six Million Dollar Man, read the Marvel Godzilla comics (he fought Yetrigar), watched Peter Cushing in the Abominable Snowman, etc.

I just self-published an action-horror novel titled Yeren that features Bigfoot prominently and I wanted to try to drum up some attention. It's FREE and is available on Apple, Kobo, Barnes and Nobles, Booktopia, and more in the weeks ahead (including Amazon). If you're looking for a good summer/quarantine read, may I humbly suggest it? If you read it and like it, I hope you tell your friends about it. Either way, if you happen to take the time to read it--thank you! And I'd love to hear what you liked or what didn't work for you. I'm quiet on these boards but I do read them and I thank you all :)

yeren.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

• gigantor featured this topic

That's me! I approve of your reading material ;)

Zombies and Bigfoot were two of my favorite "monsters" as a kid...that and The Day of the Triffids, but I don't know how to work them into a novel (its been done already!)

8 minutes ago, tmonchinski said:

That's me! I approve of your reading material ;)

Zombies and Bigfoot were two of my favorite "monsters" as a kid...that and The Day of the Triffids, but I don't know how to work them into a novel (its been done already!)

Hahaha!

That's awesome.  It's been a few years since I read them, but they were among my favorite books in the genre.

Buddy was a great character.  Well done!

I will definitely check out your new book, my man.   

I'm in the middle of self-publishing a murder/mystery novel and hope to have it available on Amazon this summer.  It features a US Forest Service LEO as the main character, and there is a scene in which he comes across a couple of Bigfoot researchers in the field.  That leads to a discussion with his partner about Bigfoot and I think it treats the subject very respectfully and pragmatically.

Writing a novel exclusively about Bigfoot is tempting, however.

11 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Hahaha!

That's awesome.  It's been a few years since I read them, but they were among my favorite books in the genre.

Buddy was a great character.  Well done!

I will definitely check out your new book, my man.   

Thank you! My dad had a friend called Buddy who was a solid, stand-up guy. He was a firefighter who died on September 11, 2001. Naming that character Buddy was in honor of my dad's friend. If you read Yeren, I hope you find some characters in there you like!

8 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

I'm in the middle of self-publishing a murder/mystery novel and hope to have it available on Amazon this summer.  It features a US Forest Service LEO as the main character, and there is a scene in which he comes across a couple of Bigfoot researchers in the field.  That leads to a discussion with his partner about Bigfoot and I think it treats the subject very respectfully and pragmatically.

Writing a novel exclusively about Bigfoot is tempting, however.

Good luck with your novel! We definitely do this for the love of writing. 

I was a little worried casting Bigfoot as the bad guy (the monster) as from all accounts I've read they are peaceable creatures. That said, I like horror, and my books are usually less about the horror of the monster(s) than how horrible (and good) the human characters can be to one another. I used Draft 2 Digital for the e-book of Yeren...are you using Amazon's service or something else?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/22/2020 at 6:04 PM, tmonchinski said:

I've been a fan of Bigfoot since I was a kid, saw Boggy Creek and Six Million Dollar Man, read the Marvel Godzilla comics (he fought Yetrigar), watched Peter Cushing in the Abominable Snowman, etc.

Pretty cool discovery. Forrest Tucker of F-Troop fame is also in that flick.

"I have seen...what men must not see...."  :lol:

@Believer57 check out the clip. There's your narrator. 😉

Edited by Arvedis
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Oh, I love it! The perfect narrator for making a footprint unbelievably exciting!

Those are the kind of movies we watched as kids. Much was left up to your imagination in those days. Monsters of the id.

3 hours ago, Believer57 said:

Monsters of the id.

One of my all-time faves! Saw it as a kid when it first came out.

Congratulations and much success to you authors!! My own novel is in the hands of an editor as we speak with a sequel in the wings.

Edited by hiflier

• gigantor unfeatured this topic