Jump to content

2020 BFF Researcher of the Year Contest - Win $1750


Recommended Posts

BlackRockBigfoot
7 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Way to go BRB. I think you're on to something. Those prints are an awesome find especially because you're finding multiple ones.

 

Can you cast any of them? Do you have a trailcam up anywhere in that area?

Attempted to cast one, but it didn't come out.  We have been using Perfect Cast, because it is supposed to work well in wet environments.  We have had mixed results with it so far.  Anyone have any wet environment casting hints, I'd love to hear them.  

Getting ready to leave out now to put up some trail cams and hang out up there tonight.  We are going to replicate what we were doing when we heard the wail and see if we can get a repeat performance with the Zoom running.

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
5 hours ago, NatFoot said:

Nice work. Didn't know your pics turned out so well. Skinny too...which fits the supposed bill of the SE BF reports.

Thanks, man!  These are the best examples out of the track line that I followed.  

 

The soil takes prints really well, but they degrade quickly with the rain. 

 

As far as skinny goes...yeah.  The ones down here seem to not follow the stereotypical huge classic Bigfoot print.  At least, the ones that we find don't.  Either small, or skinny, or four toes.  I've read different opinions on why that is...either deformities caused by a smaller gene pool given the shrinking habitat in this part of the South or it's a different type altogether. 

 

I need to put a better filter on it to bring out the details, but as far as skinny prints go...

 

I found this in the North Carolina mountains right outside of Smoky Mountain national park.  Found it in a moss bed  near an area where we had rocks thrown at us. 

 

It could have been made by someone walking around up there barefoot and they just stepped into their own track, but there are only toe depressions at the end and none in the middle.  They weren't bear prints. 

 

I honestly don't think that it's Bigfoot related, because the length is totally out of wack with the width...but it was weird.  When you mentioned skinny prints it came to mind.  I tried and failed to make an impression in the moss, even wearing a pack.  

 

We call this area The White Rocks because of the exposed quartz in the area.

 

Hopefully, the outline of the print shows up here.  

20170126_163346.jpg

20170126_163313.jpg

2017012695162830.jpg

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb
2 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Attempted to cast one, but it didn't come out.  We have been using Perfect Cast, because it is supposed to work well in wet environments.  We have had mixed results with it so far.  Anyone have any wet environment casting hints, I'd love to hear them.  

Getting ready to leave out now to put up some trail cams and hang out up there tonight.  We are going to replicate what we were doing when we heard the wail and see if we can get a repeat performance with the Zoom running.

 

You may want to consider emailing Cliff Barackman. He is accomplished at casting.

 

You're hitting on all cylinders with footprints. That is amazing but you're finding them from the sweat of your brow, the ingenuity of your mind, and the depth of your experience. Kudos!

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
15 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

 

You may want to consider emailing Cliff Barackman. He is accomplished at casting.

 

You're hitting on all cylinders with footprints. That is amazing but you're finding them from the sweat of your brow, the ingenuity of your mind, and the depth of your experience. Kudos!

I appreciate the kind words!  

 

Thanks for the advice on Cliff!

Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot

It's been a long day and night.  Getting ready to go to bed, but wanted to share this.  

 

Hopefully you can make out the toe prints in this picture. The water made it difficult to capture on film.  It has the same shape and size as the print I posted above from the track line.  

 

On top of that, the reflection of the trees above in the water filling the is beautiful.  

 

 

33972~2.jpeg

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn

@BlackRockBigfoot

That picture above is a great picture of a left foot and looks way too human. But i am not saying that it is human. But it is odd. You said that you had found a track line of foot prints. My question is. Were the foot prints inline or offset ? and do you have a picture of this track line with placed survey flags? If not is possible to do so? I usually carry survey flags with me so just in case I do find a track line i can place them. I also use them for blood trails.

56017791_surveyflag.jpeg.fe7437ea6431a94a0d3ae004e40adbc2.jpeg

Survey flag 4" x 5" w/21" wire, several colors.   

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot

As always, without seeing what made the prints I can't say for sure what the source is.  It might have been a big barefoot guy running around the mountains.  Stranger things have happened.  It definitely doesn't have the splayed toes that the larger print had, but whoever or whatever made it came out of pretty heavy brush, crossed a clear area, and then reentered the brush in the other side.  

 

I try not to build any narratives and try to avoid interpretation when I don't have a lot of data. It could be a big, heavy barefoot person who grew up not wearing shoes who just runs around the mountains for fun..  It could have been left by someone trying to hoax us.  

 

I am finding large bare footprints in a place adjacent to another area with a history of sightings.  Along with those prints I am hearing strange cries, finding odd stick formations in areas where we were a short time before, and seeing odd orange lights.  What I have not had in this area is a clear daytime sighting of a Bigfoot.  

 

This could be an elaborate hoax, the activity could very well have a mundane explanation, or there could actually be something here.  I am finding bare footprints of odd shape and sized in areas where I am finding no boot prints or other signs of human passage.  But again, without seeing what made them I can't offer a concrete explanation.  

 

The survey flags are a great idea...not to mention a great idea that doesn't weigh a lot.  Thanks for the suggestion.  I need to pick up a few to carry.  

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
ShadowBorn
Quote

This could be an elaborate hoax, the activity could very well have a mundane explanation, or there could actually be something here.  I am finding bare footprints of odd shape and sized in areas where I am finding no boot prints or other signs of human passage.  But again, without seeing what made them I can't offer a concrete explanation. 

@BlackRockBigfoot

This is how I felt about the stuff that I found. Was I being duped , could it all be hoax or some thing else. We do not know until we make visual on what made them and or we make contact with that entity. That's when it can get very spooky and you enter a world that you may have not want too. Hey, good luck with this contest. Hope you find what made them.

 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
20 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

@BlackRockBigfoot

This is how I felt about the stuff that I found. Was I being duped , could it all be hoax or some thing else. We do not know until we make visual on what made them and or we make contact with that entity. That's when it can get very spooky and you enter a world that you may have not want too. Hey, good luck with this contest. Hope you find what made them.

 

Thanks!  

Link to post
Share on other sites
wiiawiwb

@BRB   Were the prints you've seen close to an established trail or footpath.

 

When I'm looking for prints, I'm keenly aware how close I am to a trail area or an area where a human would go.  A hoaxer wants his/her misdeeds discovered so they are more likely to be on or near a footpath. What's the point of going to the trouble of messing with somebody if no one will ever see your peccadillo?

 

I think the farther you go off trail, the more unlikely it will be that a print is hoaxed. Not impossible, of course.  The largest print I've ever seen was about 12 years ago, it was a doozy, and was waaaaaaaaaay off trail.  There is zero chance it was hoaxed. Also, it had what looked like a mid-tarsal break which few hoaxers even know about.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
1 hour ago, wiiawiwb said:

@BRB   Were the prints you've seen close to an established trail or footpath.

 

When I'm looking for prints, I'm keenly aware how close I am to a trail area or an area where a human would go.  A hoaxer wants his/her misdeeds discovered so they are more likely to be on or near a footpath. What's the point of going to the trouble of messing with somebody if no one will ever see your peccadillo?

 

I think the farther you go off trail, the more unlikely it will be that a print is hoaxed. Not impossible, of course.  The largest print I've ever seen was about 12 years ago, it was a doozy, and was waaaaaaaaaay off trail.  There is zero chance it was hoaxed. Also, it had what looked like a mid-tarsal break which few hoaxers even know about.

The area that we are currently finding these in is not immediately adjacent to any hiking trails.  There is a no longer maintained campsite at the bottom of the mountain that people may still go to, but we haven't seen anyone there.  There's a waterfall that looks like it has had some foot traffic in the past, but  It looks like not many (if any) people get off the road deeper into this area.  There just isn't anything scenic through here that would attract casual hikers.  It's just rocks and trees and marsh.

 

There are some Jeepers who occasionally use the more maintained gravel roads, but they are not getting out of their vehicles...let alone busting through the brush a couple of miles.  

 

However, if we made it there, then obviously others could have as well.  There is always the chance that anything, including the an actual sighting, can be a hoax. 

 

 However, Occam's Razor cuts both ways.  The idea that someone is going to the top of mountain with no visible or audible vehicle, using night vision to maneuver around visibly armed (sometimes jumpy) people in order to plant faked evidence that they may or may not find...at what point does that idea become more outlandish than the idea of Sasquatch in these mountains?

My honest to God gut response is that the footprints are not hoaxed.  Coupled with the other strange stuff that has gone on up there... I think that it merits looking into further.

 

One of our biggest failings as researchers has been the tendency to get tired of an area and bounce around... regardless of the activity that we were getting.  We just like going into new areas, even at the cost of gaining a further understanding of the particular dynamics of a specific location. 

 

That's definitely not the case here.  We have been going to this area repeatedly over the past several weeks, with no plans to go anywhere else for the foreseeable future.

 

Our print finds have been few and far between...not to mention atypical in size and shape.  This is the greatest concentration of possible prints that we have found so far.  The prints get washed away fast due to the amount of rainfall this area has seen.  If someone is going out between storms and faking prints that they know are going to be washed away fairly quickly...

 

Anyways, it's piqued my interest either way.  Maybe there's a clan of inbred hillbilly woods ninjas up there hoaxing cryptozoology believers...like The Hills Have Eyes, but with less cannibalism and more Bigfoot hoaxing.

2 hours ago, Kiwakwe said:

Awesome finds @BlackRockBigfoot, nice work!

Thanks, my man!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Good stuff

That's the kind of thing that gets you going and you want to find out what's making them .

Be safe and always armed up there at night.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackRockBigfoot
21 minutes ago, 7.62 said:

Good stuff

That's the kind of thing that gets you going and you want to find out what's making them .

Be safe and always armed up there at night.

Thanks!

 

We are always armed when we are out.  I did throw a long gun in the truck as well after our first big outing up there got a bit spooky.

 

 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • gigantor changed the title to 2020 BFF Researcher of the Year Contest - Win $1750
×
×
  • Create New...