Historical Research

Todd Prescott

54 minutes ago, Doc Holliday said:

My biggest fear in shooting a bf would be walking up& finding a zipper on its hide with some moron inside.

Hear ya on that. But like I've said before, fire a round over "its" head. If it hollers out "DON'T SHOOT!" then...........don't shoot ;) 

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

It is really easy to want one on a slab to prove existence but I know I am not prepared to pull a trigger.

Even a seasoned hunter may have to think deep, is it half a step away from a bear or almost a human?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, hiflier said:

Hear ya on that. But like I've said before, fire a round over "its" head. If it hollers out "DON'T SHOOT!" then...........don't shoot ;) 

Good advice. I will remember that.

My original plan if they do exist and I encountered one, I planned on shooting to kill without the courtesy of a warning shot.

• Upvote 1

Well P-G....there's something to be said for that. In a court of law it would certainly be a defense to say you didn't know it was a Human. The pressure would end up on the court officials to tell you they don't exist and then spend a huge chunk of change to prove it to you. I wonder if a court can fall back on the null hypothesis because if they try to do that then they're in a corner for sure. In other words, they cannot say they're not sure if the creature doesn't exist which would mean you walk- at least on murder one or two. 

I get the reasoning, but I'm not so sure on the warning shot...if it were the real deal you probably just blew it.

My killing experience is limited to regular game, but I know from big bucks and mature gobblers you take the 1st clean shot you get at a hopefully (and preferably) stationary unsuspecting target and make it count because odds are you won't get the 2cnd shot.(and that's with trophy size regular game, much less cryptid stuff)

iow,

be in it to win it.

There in lies the rub...

I guess it depends on observation before the shot.

If it stops & lights up a cigarette then yeah, warning shot😄

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/27/2020 at 3:07 AM, Catmandoo said:

^^^ Yes. We use plastic boxes that smell, emit EMF, ultrasonic noises, look out of place and emit various forms of light.  Any guesses as to why animals look at Plotwatcher brand cameras when they activate?

It's not just the equipment. To wildlife, humans stink as well. Indigenous fauna know immediately when something "artificial" or "different" is in their environment and will generally retreat, stay hidden, or possibly, very cautiously, investigate out of curiosity; like sniffing a trail cam.