For believers; do family/friends believe/support you?

PNWexplorer

8 hours ago, Rlee said:

.........I asked my friend about his experience. He claimed not to remember the incident...........

When I found a sasquatch trackway I was with several other guys, including my brother. I've lost contact with the other guys, and frankly only clearly remember four of the other guys who were there, two of which I could't find if I had to (I can't even remember one if their names). My brother doesn't remember the find at all, but really, that isn't very remarkable at all. He has an incredibly poor memory. When I and others talk about childhood friends, he's always at a near complete loss. He's constantly contacting me asking if I remember somebody who he has re-met and who remembers him.

But I agree that some folks probably have some sort of memory regression involving a sasquatch experience due to discomfort or fear.

15 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Yep, we try to go on UTV rides as much as possible.  And some of those rides are very deep into wilderness areas.

As far as camping overnight...  Nope.  Not until I buy a camper with a bathroom and a toilet, lol.  

Our last ride was on the edge of civilization near the Idaho/Montana border.  It's an area that most skeptics from other parts of the country just can't imagine.  They are familiar with the woods in their region, where you can walk in any direction for a few miles and run into a Starbucks, or at least a town.  Where we were in the photos below, you could walk for 70 miles to the East and not see a paved road.  Bigfoot could go undetected in this area for decades, or centuries.

IMG_20190629_151653507.jpg

IMG_20190629_152045102.jpg

Wow, what a gorgeous view. I would encourage you to consider an overnight stay. That's when the action will most likely come alive. Even if you go in late in the day (or even early evening) and leave the next day at the crack of dawn. Maybe only in the woods 12 hours, or less,  but your focusing your efforts on the most productive time.

I've often used the SSR, here at BFF, and have found that in my area the most productive time for sightings, wood knocks, and other evidence is between 9pm and 11pm. Oddly enough, my best events, or pieces of evidence, happened within that same time frame. Your area my be slightly different.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I had an old pop-up camper I restored the last few years and took it out in the woods solo with just me and my best friend, a 100lb Great Dane/Lab mix.  It was perfect for us and having him around really eased my mind.  Sadly, he had to be put down last week after developing severe arthritis and a brain tumor at nearly 14 years of age.

To be honest, the idea of being totally alone in the wilderness at night with no furry or non-furry companion is terrifying to me.  I'm kind of a big sissy when it comes to the dark and the woods, lol.  Last time I was out, some wolves came and checked out me and my dog.  We both stayed close to the fire...

AL3zG7LfT56TQYjHuCoidg.jpeg

• Sad 3
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, PNWexplorer said:

I had an old pop-up camper I restored the last few years and took it out in the woods solo with just me and my best friend, a 100lb Great Dane/Lab mix.  It was perfect for us and having him around really eased my mind.  Sadly, he had to be put down last week after developing severe arthritis and a brain tumor at nearly 14 years of age.

To be honest, the idea of being totally alone in the wilderness at night with no furry or non-furry companion is terrifying to me.  I'm kind of a big sissy when it comes to the dark and the woods, lol.  Last time I was out, some wolves came and checked out me and my dog.  We both stayed close to the fire...

AL3zG7LfT56TQYjHuCoidg.jpeg

I am sorry for your loss as well.  He looks like a big happy boy.

• Like 1

PNW - Sorry to hear about you pooch. Nothing worse than losing a loved one. It's a wonderful picture to cherish.

Your lever gun should be able to dissuade packs of wolves. Is it 45 Colt?

24 minutes ago, wiiawiwb said:

PNW - Sorry to hear about you pooch. Nothing worse than losing a loved one. It's a wonderful picture to cherish.

Your lever gun should be able to dissuade packs of wolves. Is it 45 Colt?

Yes, it is in .45 Colt and loaded with 300 grain hard cast bullets I cast and loaded myself.  I've since retired it in favor of an AR15 I built in .450 Bushmaster.

I am so sorry for your loss I hope you’re doing well I know what it is to love your companion I have a little one as well and she’s also 14 I wouldn’t know what I do without her take care and be safe

My pooch will be 13 in August- if he makes it. Melanoma and wasn't supposed to survive past last February. You'd never know it being around him. I'm amazed. still runs the beach and swims occasionally. Going camping this Sunday for ten days which he's done every year of his life. Have another trip planned in August. He may make both trips the way he's going right now. This photo is from about 6ix years ago:

1989828685_TheNap.thumb.jpg.a6e6c629a45645dfbf6076b2315c94c4.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Great thread and thanks to all for sharing stories.

As unlikely as it may seem and hard as it is to believe,  I alone with my nearly six year old granddaughter ,who by the way does a great bigfoot yell fashioned after James Fay. Heard replys.

My son and his hunting partner had an encounter or so they believe.

Anyway, most of my family are fascinated by my passion for the subject. Especially , given the fact that they believe in the creature and I don't.

I even have a daughter who lives near the Patterson film site.

She has been on expeditions and casts foot prints.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:47 AM, hiflier said:

My pooch will be 13 in August- if he makes it. Melanoma and wasn't supposed to survive past last February. You'd never know it being around him. I'm amazed. still runs the beach and swims occasionally. Going camping this Sunday for ten days which he's done every year of his life. Have another trip planned in August. He may make both trips the way he's going right now. This photo is from about 6ix years ago:

1989828685_TheNap.thumb.jpg.a6e6c629a45645dfbf6076b2315c94c4.jpg

What a sweet pooch!  It underscores how important it is to enjoy them every single moment they're in your life. May he live on for a long time Hiflier.

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2020 at 2:14 AM, Sam said:

God bless him he’s so beautiful!!

HAH! And he knows it. I affectionately call him "doted-on-dog" but then anyone who's had one understands exactly what I'm saying ;) His name is Eddie.