For believers; do family/friends believe/support you?

PNWexplorer

It's funny I don't talk about it much to family or friends in the past it just leads to smirks and such. However I use this to my advantage now, when somebody I really don't want to be close with I'll talk about it constantly, and they usually run for the hills. When I do find somebody who believes to we can usually talk about it for hours because it's treated with such derision in many circles its hard to find people to talk about it. Met this young lady at a hotel desk in Southern Alabama we got started talking about hunting as it was that time of year, she was a hunter too and she swore her Dad who hunted all his life got chased out of the woods when he was teenager. He didn't go back in the woods for a couple of years and he never goes alone now, all she said he said about the incident, it was no bear, hog or deer and it followed him parallel out of the woods back to his truck.

Ironically, I was just visiting a friend of mine at work in his building and we were talking about weekend plans.  This guy lives a couple of blocks away from me in a tiny town and I've known him for a few years, but we've never really hung out outside of work.

So we were in his cubicle and his wife and a co-worker stopped by.  The co-worker is also a friend of mine and she starts telling us how she and her husband reserved a cabin up at the Lochsa Lodge, which is just a few miles from where I had my only personal encounter, and are headed up there tomorrow.  I've known this woman for about the same amount of time and am friends with relatives of hers.

I joked that I had a Bigfoot encounter near there, she laughs, and my buddy Mike gets wide-eyed and said so did he.  What?

He looks around to make sure no one else can hear us, then says he was up there a couple of years ago in the summer camping in a roadside camping area next to the river just a couple of miles away from my "sighting".  He said he and his wife were in their RV and just about to go to sleep.  They had a window open and he said he heard something on two feet walk slowly by the RV and it blotted out the moonlight in the upper window as it passed by.  This was in an empty camping area.  He said there were no other campers there and the next morning went out and figured that in order for the figure to blot out the light, it had to have been at least a foot taller than him, and he's 6'5".  He said it made no noise or smell, other than the sound of footsteps on the loose dirt/gravel outside the camper.  

Then he said he had another experience just last year, but over on the Western side of Washington while on a hike to the lookout near Pilchuck State Park.  That story was pretty creepy.

He said he and his wife had hiked up to the lookout and were on their way back and it had gotten dark.  He said he heard an owl hooting, so he stopped and tried to make a hooting sound.  He said what he got in response was a God-awful scream/whoop sound that made the hair on the back of his neck stand up.  He said the woods went dead quiet.  He and his wife tried to make their way back down the mountain, but it was dark and they had to go slow.  They heard the sound a few more times, getting closer, then something threw a rock near them from the other direction.  

He said he foolishly didn't bring a flashlight with him, or a gun, or even a phone.  After a couple of rock throws, it was quiet.  Then about 15 minutes later, another couple came down the mountain behind them with flashlights.  He said they were an older super nice couple that insisted on guiding them back to their camp.

This guy does quite a bit of hiking and says he's had other experiences and found tracks and is definitely a believer in Bigfoot.  He said he's never seen one, but he's seen their tracks, heard them, and saw the shadow of the one outside his camper.

So thankful I brought it up since now I have someone else to discuss it with and to possibly go on a search with.  He's apparently a magnet for them, lol.

Edited by PNWexplorer
  • Upvote 3

• 5 months later...

My family is not easily swayed.  For instance my grandson has a saying "I need more proof".   He applies it to almost everything and it became a family saying-joke.  So my wife officially says no, likewise my oldest daughter, and son.  But it was my grandson, my oldest daughter's son who saw a bigfoot and got the proof he needed.  My oldest daughter says he saw something but doubts it was a bigfoot.  I tell her I was there, but looking in the other direction at the time, and analysed the footprints (great prints) which almost fall outside the range of human variation.  She is still a doubter.  I say fine, you Lisa, my wife and son will all take point on a bigfoot search.  That shuts them up completely.

• Upvote 1