NCBFr

Really nice BF "Strange Evidence" Episode

NCBFr

There are many traits that separate BF from humans but possibly the biggest one is the difference in strength.  There are many cases where metal is bent or broken in a way that just cannot be done by a human.  With that in mind check out this Strange Evidence episode.  Frankly I think they are underestimating the weight of that log.

• Upvote 1

gigantor

I agree that tree weighs much more than a couple hundred pounds.

Airdale

Thinker Thunker did an analysis of this video a few years ago when it first surfaced. Other than CGI, which the police video analyst says appears unlikely, it doesn't leave much room for doubt. And if someone was faking the whole thing, why bother with the mist? If it was faked, then the entire video would have to be faked, including the comments by the witnesses, so it might as well be at least somewhat clearer.

• Thanks 1

Rlee

Hard to see the tree properly, it could be a skinny birch or popular, at that length it could be as light as 50lbs. But what throws it doesn't run up like a javelin athlete and still it goes quite a distance. If I were to throw a 50lb tree like that I would be lucky to get 15 feet out of it.

If you believe it to be 200lbs and a single arm throw, well that baffles me.  Fast twitch muscle fibers with explosive power without doing ligament damage??

Then they had to talk about Robo-cop suits. Apparently they don't know any loggers.

NCBFr
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Rlee said:

Hard to see the tree properly, it could be a skinny birch or popular, at that length it could be as light as 50lbs. But what throws it doesn't run up like a javelin athlete and still it goes quite a distance. If I were to throw a 50lb tree like that I would be lucky to get 15 feet out of it.

If you believe it to be 200lbs and a single arm throw, well that baffles me.  Fast twitch muscle fibers with explosive power without doing ligament damage??

Then they had to talk about Robo-cop suits. Apparently they don't know any loggers.

Don't know about that as I am not a Canadian logger.  However, as a southerner that is split many cords of wood (oak, pine, sweatgum, etc.  ) in his life and still have about 5K pounds of oak to be split in my frontish yard do to last year's hurricane, that log has to weigh well North of 200 pounds. My 2 foot oak rounds exceed 500 pounds.

Its the show.  They start out with ridiculous explanations for weird videos before settling on either the obvious (the light flashing across the sky at 10K MPH with a tail is really just a meteor/asteroid/comet) or who the heck knows.  This was clearly in the who the heck knows catagory.  However if it is not CGI, we really know because we have seen strength like this exhibited many a time in reports.  In my case I have not seen great strength, just lung capacity that exceeds anything known in our world by at least one order of magnatude.

Edited by NCBFr
  • Thanks 1

Rlee

No I don't dispute the strength. I cannot determine the size of the log thrown it may even be larger than you suspect but cell phone video from a distance is not accurate. I wonder what video was taken after this clip?

Even if it was a small in diameter log it would still be  a remarkable feat.

NCBFr

Fair enough, lets think about this on a different level.  Lets assume it is not CGI and a real BF for a moment.  Impressive at it was, that log posed no threat to anyone.  It could be 20 yards from me and I promise it would not hit me with a 200 pound log heave.  I am guessing the BF knew it as well but was simply explaining itself in pretty simple terms.  However, it did not press its advantage in strength but stayed hidden in the treeline.  I wonder why.  Properly armed Norse with me hidding behind him could easily have taken out the BF if it had advanced.  The BF did not know it was Norse and me in the logging village so played it safe. and basically said "You shall not advance"  .    I ramble but if you really think about it there is a lot to be learned here.

• Like 1