Weaving/Interlocking Wood

Tylo

Have any of you seen old, dry branches interwoven with other branches or tree trunks and noted that the interwoven branches did not snap or show any sign of damage from being manipulated?  Tightly interwoven where there should be splitting or cracking. Or have you seen green wood extremely bent/curved without signs of damage to the wood?  Did not know where to post this, I know many people dismiss tree/wood manipulation.  I'm curious about the old, brittle wood being bent without damage.  Anyone ever notice this?

20 hours ago, Tylo said:

Have any of you seen old, dry branches interwoven with other branches or tree trunks and noted that the interwoven branches did not snap or show any sign of damage from being manipulated?  Tightly interwoven where there should be splitting or cracking. Or have you seen green wood extremely bent/curved without signs of damage to the wood?  Did not know where to post this, I know many people dismiss tree/wood manipulation.  I'm curious about the old, brittle wood being bent without damage.  Anyone ever notice this?

Fairly often. But the dried ones appear to have been done like that when they were green and dried over time.

Yes, many times. It's bent when young/green. But that's not always when we find it, so then it's old. Twists we found last fall, old then, are almost fragile now.

20200705_194214.jpg

20200705_202502.jpg

Edited by Madison5716