Breeding season for these creatures

Guest Warren

Guest Warren

I was listening to a BF conference on u tube and the speaker was talking about  bigfoot's could possibly have certain time frames for mating. My question is if so couldn't they be hunted or studied  in the same manner we approach other wild life(ie: Deer,turkeys ). we use calls and scents to lure them into range. I'm just wondering as i am new to this subject but have hunted all my life. 

I have thought about this too, but somehow using a sexual lure to bring in an excited and romantically inclined alpha male with one thing on his mind close to me just doesn't sit well. Best bring a little vaseline though, just in case. Good luck, and welcome to the forum. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Warren said:

I was listening to a BF conference on u tube and the speaker was talking about  bigfoot's could possibly have certain time frames for mating. My question is if so couldn't they be hunted or studied  in the same manner we approach other wild life(ie: Deer,turkeys ). we use calls and scents to lure them into range. I'm just wondering as i am new to this subject but have hunted all my life. 

Primate pheromones have been used in the past to try and lure them in.  

Other researchers have attempted to use various 'hygiene' products in attempt to coax one in, but I won't post the details here.

https://sasquatchpheromone.com/products/pheromone-chips

This company makes a sort of fish scent that is used by fishermen.  Not being a big fan of fishing myself, I can't speak to validity of such things.  They have apparently branched out into the very lucrative and cutthroat Sasquatch pheromone industry.  

Curious as to if anyone has used these chips before?

7 hours ago, Warren said:

Great apes, including humans do not have mating seasons. The wisdom behind the why is that we evolved in tropical climates where there are no seasonal changes in climate. So there is no penalty for having offspring during winter vs summer. Also if reports like Ostman are to be believed? It seems that they may travel in small family groups like Neanderthals. Where a patriarch would have access to females all year long.

We don’t know how to love call Bigfoot like we do Elk or Deer or Moose. What we do know how to do is appeal to their stomach. A dying rabbit is a dying rabbit to Bears, Cougars, Bobcats, Wolves, Coyotes, etc...

Edited by norseman
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Primate pheromones have been used in the past to try and lure them in.  

Other researchers have attempted to use various 'hygiene' products in attempt to coax one in, but I won't post the details here.

Here's the thing. Menstruation usually marks the LEAST fertile point of a human female's cycle; strewing used pads or tampons around in the bush might bring attention because it's human blood* but it's certainly not an invitation, pheromone-wise.

*apologies to those who thought women secreted Windex; I'm sorry you had to find out this way

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, Nipissing said:

Here's the thing. Menstruation usually marks the LEAST fertile point of a human female's cycle; strewing used pads or tampons around in the bush might bring attention because it's human blood* but it's certainly not an invitation, pheromone-wise.

*apologies to those who thought women secreted Windex; I'm sorry you had to find out this way

I never said that it was smart.  :lol:

32 minutes ago, Nipissing said:

Bob Titmus was famously unsuccessful in testing that theory in the field. Doesn't seem like he really understood the concept of pheromones.

1 hour ago, norseman said:

hat we do know how to do is appeal to their stomach. A dying rabbit is a dying rabbit to Bears, Cougars, Bobcats, Wolves, Coyotes, etc...

Feeding.

If one of the Four F's doesn't work, there's always another.

I read of an account where the researcher dragged a used tampon around be hind him and had a very unpleasant encounter with a sasquatch. It kept him up in a tree all night as the branches that supported the researcher, could support the bigfoot so it couldn't reach him. I forget which website I read the encounter on.

14 hours ago, Doug said:

I read of an account where the researcher dragged a used tampon around be hind him and had a very unpleasant encounter with a sasquatch. It kept him up in a tree all night as the branches that supported the researcher, could support the bigfoot so it couldn't reach him. I forget which website I read the encounter on.

I think when the guy's wife said that having her period was a real drag, he may have taken it a tad to literally.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Doug said:

The guy's name was Don Young.  

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

If one of the Four F's doesn't work, there's always another.

No pain, no gain.

17 hours ago, Doug said:

I feel there's a very important lesson to be learned here.

22 minutes ago, DaleyWoodbeater said:

I feel there's a very important lesson to be learned here.

Yeah.

That if Plan A involves you tying a pheromone chip and a used tampon to your belt, skip directly to Plan B.

• Haha 3