Noises associated with our big hairy friend,

JJW

I’m curious about what the man on the Expedition Bigfoot show about the child like giggles in the woods and how Sasquatch could make these sounds. I have actually heard this in woods around the dusk and dawn hours in a place that i and others have had encounters with what could only by this elusive fella. Anyone else have any experience with this?

Yep.  Not "child" voices as depicted on the show exactly.   I've heard the little mumbly / giggly voices once in 2013.  I had a clear daylight sighting about 45 minutes later.    Another time I was walking up a somewhat seldom used USFS trail approaching a bend.   I heard what I thought was a teen girl "shush" ing a dog, assumed she knew I was approaching, and was commanding it to sit.  Couldn't make out the words, that was just the tone.    Turned the corner ... nobody.   I could see 100 yards or more ahead, behind, up the ridge above the trail, and quite a bit farther on a open timbered flat by the creek.   There was nobody there.   Beats me. 

• Upvote 2

We heard samurai chatter, but it was higher pitched than what you hear on the Sierra Sounds.  @MIB, I didn't make that association at the time, but 'giggly' is a pretty good description of the tone.

This was up near Caesar's Head, where we found the small bare footprints way off trail near some caves on the side of the mountain.

@JJW

Where were you at when you heard these sounds?

• Upvote 1

Black Rock Big Foot, that sounds similar indeed. I’m now in Central Oregon, but where I’ve heard this was on an old piece of property I had out on the coast. It was ten acres adjoining timber co. Property all around it. I’d heard that sound since I was a teenager living in those woods, left for about 9 years and when I came back it would still happen. The patch of timber was in between A town called Arago and Another town called Myrtle Point to the East. There was even an article in the Town paper about a sighting a few years back. Where abouts is Caesar’s Head?

Edited by JJW

BTW, thanks for both of your responses. Kinda Gearing up to head up to the Ochoco and check some of that out. Kinda new at this but I suspect it will become second nature in no time.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, JJW said:

Black Rock Big Foot, that sounds similar indeed. I’m now in Central Oregon, but where I’ve heard this was on an old piece of property I had out on the coast. It was ten acres adjoining timber co. Property all around it. I’d heard that sound since I was a teenager living in those woods, left for about 9 years and when I came back it would still happen. The patch of timber was in between A town called Arago and Another town called Myrtle Point to the East. There was even an article in the Town paper about a sighting a few years back. Where abouts is Caesar’s Head?

It's in the mountains on the North Carolina/South Carolina border.

BFF Patron
On 7/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, MIB said:

Yep.  Not "child" voices as depicted on the show exactly.   I've heard the little mumbly / giggly voices once in 2013.  I had a clear daylight sighting about 45 minutes later.    Another time I was walking up a somewhat seldom used USFS trail approaching a bend.   I heard what I thought was a teen girl "shush" ing a dog, assumed she knew I was approaching, and was commanding it to sit.  Couldn't make out the words, that was just the tone.    Turned the corner ... nobody.   I could see 100 yards or more ahead, behind, up the ridge above the trail, and quite a bit farther on a open timbered flat by the creek.   There was nobody there.   Beats me. 

Just to reinforce the "shushing" sounds, I have recorded such at night in an area with heard and recorded samurai, it was also around the same vein as a shush.  It was also associated with bipedal leaf shuffling of one or more supposed cryptid bipeds.  If I can do it I may enter a sound file or two into the competition for the big prize, that is about all I got.  It is an area in which I had an uncomfortably close nighttime sighting (within 90 ft of the recorded "shushs" but directly 6 ft or less away) and had repeated activity lasting five years on and off thereafter, mostly auditory captures and awareness of nonhuman emulation of attempted long-distance communication both whistles, birdcalls, percussive drumbeat medleys, not so much emulated human-like speech but occasional samurai captures of indecipherable language-like vocals. 

Edited by bipedalist
  • Upvote 1

wow...this child-Laugh-thing. i had when i whas 12 years old.  it whas outside. thats so freaky deaky...i just realize that. it whas at night.

..thats so brainscratchy

4 hours ago, KOKO said:

wow...this child-Laugh-thing. i had when i whas 12 years old.  it whas outside. thats so freaky deaky...i just realize that. it whas at night.

..thats so brainscratchy

@KOKO

This was in Germany?