Visited a supposed Class A sighting spot today.

PNWexplorer

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome story. It is most unfortunate that there is no film documentation .

1 hour ago, Patterson-Gimlin said:

Thanks for sharing.

Awesome story. It is most unfortunate that there is no film documentation .

Yeah, that was odd.  They were able to observe the creatures for nearly half an hour from a perfect vantage point, and yet didn't think to take a photo?  They were on a hike in a beautiful area; surely they had a camera.

SSR Team

I enjoy it when people go to sighting locations, we can get some perspective on areas when they share pics too so thank you.

@BigTreeWalker was kind enough to take me out to this sighting location when i was last in WA State, loved every minute of it..;)

https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=7382 

• Thanks 1

On 7/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, BobbyO said:

I enjoy it when people go to sighting locations, we can get some perspective on areas when they share pics too so thank you.

@BigTreeWalker was kind enough to take me out to this sighting location when i was last in WA State, loved every minute of it..;)

Holy cow! Another incredible report!

On 7/19/2020 at 11:44 AM, BobbyO said:

I can understand why you loved it.

It is a very interesting story.

Great location and good fishing.

Ideal place for man and beast.

SSR Team

This is the Kalama, bear in mind this was back in January.

E79E8BEA-A9FB-4A83-884E-7C0C3BD0941D.jpeg

5FA8A846-8E4A-4B5A-A1D1-FEBD4000529C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/19/2020 at 3:46 PM, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Obviously a very squatchy area.

Ha ha, I like the word "squatchy"!

What does "Class A" mean, and what other classes are there and what do those mean?

29 minutes ago, Moonface said:

What does "Class A" mean, and what other classes are there and what do those mean?

There is quite an extensive classification system for BF sightings. First it goes through a committee, members are kept secret from the general public. This goes through a number of meetings and reviews, heavily scrutinized and voted on. So a "class A" area is pretty well regarded. Others include:

Class B: almost A but not quite.

Class C: meh, not so much

Class D: not much expected to be found in the area.

And it goes from there. Class Z is supposedly something to do with zombies but no one is really certain.

Edited by Arvedis
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

From BFRO:

Class A

Class A reports involve clear sightings in circumstances where misinterpretation or misidentification of other animals can be ruled out with greater confidence. For example, there are several footprint cases that are very well documented. These are considered Class A reports, because misidentification of common animals can be confidently ruled out, thus the potential for misinterpretation is very low.

Class B

Incidents where a possible sasquatch was observed at a great distance or in poor lighting conditions and incidents in any other circumstance that did not afford a clear view of the subject are considered Class B reports.

Class C

Most second-hand reports, and any third-hand reports, or stories with an untraceable sources, are considered Class C, because of the high potential for inaccuracy. Those reports are kept in BFRO archives but are very rarely listed publicly in this database. The exceptions are for published, or locally documented incidents from before 1958 (before the word “Bigfoot” entered the American vocabulary), and sightings mentioned in non-tabloid newspapers or magazines.