Do any of you camp out in potential hot spots?...

Rod Hunter

I honestly do not think there are that many hoaxers out there. Who has the time, and is dumb enough, to roam around at night - in remote areas, even ones accessible by vehicle, and snoop up on people, whoop or wood knock?

I'd also venture to guess excursions out to where people don't go have other inherit dangers behind typical fauna, environment, etc. Those bigfeet are probably also much less used to human interaction and they are obviously not seeking it out if they are way back in the wilderness. I'd think you heighten your odds of having an aggressive encounter....but I guess you also have a better shot of catching one off guard and having a good sighting?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, NatFoot said:

@MIB

That story didn't have you leaned up against a boulder all night with a revolver in hand and brief sightings, right?

Sounds similar to that story.

No.   The only time I've had that happen I spent the night inside a miner's shack facing the door with my back against the wall.

Last August, despite what happened, I managed to go to sleep and, other than once to pee, didn't get up 'til the yellowjackets buzzing around camp rousted me out of bed.    Funny how detached you can get when there isn't much practical choice.   I was either "f-ed" or I wasn't.   Once the panic attack subsided, I went to sleep.   Woke up a time or two to listen, didn't hear anything.   Didn't see anything backlit moving through the trees.   So I went back to sleep.

I find the anticipation of a thing happening to be a lot more unsettling than the thing when it does happen. 

6 hours ago, NatFoot said:

I honestly do not think there are that many hoaxers out there. Who has the time, and is dumb enough, to roam around at night - in remote areas, even ones accessible by vehicle, and snoop up on people, whoop or wood knock?

I agree, especially in areas where it takes some effort to get to. Having said that, several times I have been to an area that is right off a dirt road where people can go "primitive camping". The dirt road is about 11 miles from a main road. There have been two sightings by people I know that happened right on, or just off, that dirt road. It would be easy for someone primitive camping to exercise their "Finding Bigfoot" talents and wood knock and whoop/scream either for fun or maybe even to hoax.

The primitive sites are very few, well spread out, with camping areas about 100 yards from the dirt road.  I'm torn because I know it has produced yet I prefer to get miles off the beaten path. This is one of several locations I'll go with a friend or two of mine that won't backpack, want a chance of a something happening, and are comforted their car is 100 yards away.

Sounds perfect, I'd be in the vehicle, no more tent camping for me. :thumbsup:

I read an article in the Seattle Times today about the abuse parks and public lands and their caretakers are taking, in the last couple months especially. It's really terrible and they need volunteer help, if any campers are up for it.

On 8/16/2020 at 4:14 PM, JKH said:

Sounds perfect, I'd be in the vehicle, no more tent camping for me. :thumbsup:

I read an article in the Seattle Times today about the abuse parks and public lands and their caretakers are taking, in the last couple months especially. It's really terrible and they need volunteer help, if any campers are up for it.

I've been hearing from multiple family and friends how busy the forests have been this summer due to the virus and people wanting to get out.  Record traffic in campgrounds and such.

My camping trip last week was OK.  I was about a mile from a USFS campground and drove though it to scout out things and there were plenty of spots empty.  During the day at my campsite, maybe five vehicles drove by.

I imagine over on the West side of the state, where people are insane, things are a whole lot worse and crazy.

• Upvote 1

I am headed out to a potential hot spot tomorrow evening to camp out. Not sure if @Madison5716 will join me or not (I hope so), but this is a spot that two campers were run out of one night, and two weeks later a couple researcher friends visited there and their two boys had a sighting of a 7 to 7 1/2 foot tall creature. My trail camera has been up there for about a month, so I will check on that, too. I really need to get out to the woods. - been a rough week.

• Upvote 2

On 8/16/2020 at 11:19 AM, NatFoot said:

I'd also venture to guess excursions out to where people don't go have other inherit dangers behind typical fauna, environment, etc. Those bigfeet are probably also much less used to human interaction and they are obviously not seeking it out if they are way back in the wilderness. I'd think you heighten your odds of having an aggressive encounter....but I guess you also have a better shot of catching one off guard and having a good sighting?

I feel the same way. 

You have people who might do a Bigfoot call just for fun while they are already out hiking or camping.  I could even see people faking prints in an area where they know that someone will see them.  

But, we have found prints in areas where it has been absolute rough to get to...way off the trail.  Not saying that no other people have been there before us, but why would you spend time and energy faking a print where it is more than likely not going to be found?  

I think that an area that has a well publicized recent encounter might get that sort of thing, if it has some recent media exposure.  If I had been researching in the Mammoth Cave area after that well publicized event where the guy was shooting at Bigfoot... I would have taken anything that I found with several grains of salt.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, NorthWind said:

I am headed out to a potential hot spot tomorrow evening to camp out. Not sure if @Madison5716 will join me or not (I hope so), but this is a spot that two campers were run out of one night, and two weeks later a couple researcher friends visited there and their two boys had a sighting of a 7 to 7 1/2 foot tall creature. My trail camera has been up there for about a month, so I will check on that, too. I really need to get out to the woods. - been a rough week.

Nothwind, that location sounds fantastic as known action has occurred. If I were you, I'd be all over that location. Good luck there!!

3 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

Nothwind, that location sounds fantastic as known action has occurred. If I were you, I'd be all over that location. Good luck there!!

Thanks. And just down the road a piece (within ten miles), is an area where strange lights have been reported floating around in the woods. One light even came into the camp of someone I know personally. He has no idea what it was, but he does not think it was human. I know, it sounds far-fetched. But I love an adventure and I may venture up there for a bit, too. Thanks for the well-wishes!

The place to camp is where it is hot. Fresh sightings in an area are always great places to camp when one can. I had my sightings in hot areas and so have others I know in Michigan. The last thing that I remember from my encounters was that they always came to us. It was never the other way around. It was never aggressive when they came around to you. The only time it turned aggressive was when you went towards them and they did not want you. Then it was aggressive. But hot spots are the best and to have them investigate you is even better. The glow stick trick in a tree with a salmon treat woks great away from so that bears do not grab it. Old style!

Never seen those strange lights though and have heard of others here in Michigan who have. I have read books about them as being orbs. Have seen them in some of my pictures that I have taken on some trails as well as around some of the tree formations. But I have never seen these orbs with the naked eye. But by any chance that if you do see these floating orbs then you are now in that part of the strange part of bigfooting. So if you have an EMF meter I would advise you take it with you Northwind it might just help. Remember there is no electrical power out in the middle of the woods. Unless there are power lines and any electrical equipment you might have that is turned on. 

4 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

The place to camp is where it is hot. Fresh sightings in an area are always great places to camp when one can. I had my sightings in hot areas and so have others I know in Michigan. The last thing that I remember from my encounters was that they always came to us. It was never the other way around. It was never aggressive when they came around to you. The only time it turned aggressive was when you went towards them and they did not want you. Then it was aggressive. But hot spots are the best and to have them investigate you is even better. The glow stick trick in a tree with a salmon treat woks great away from so that bears do not grab it. Old style!

Never seen those strange lights though and have heard of others here in Michigan who have. I have read books about them as being orbs. Have seen them in some of my pictures that I have taken on some trails as well as around some of the tree formations. But I have never seen these orbs with the naked eye. But by any chance that if you do see these floating orbs then you are now in that part of the strange part of bigfooting. So if you have an EMF meter I would advise you take it with you Northwind it might just help. Remember there is no electrical power out in the middle of the woods. Unless there are power lines and any electrical equipment you might have that is turned on. 

Nope. No power lines, no cell service, no EMF detector... @Madison5716has one, but I will be there a couple of nights before she gets there...I DO have an EMF detector app on my phone, no idea if it works or not though.

LOL Every time her "ghost meter" goes off it startles the living bejeepers outta me! I will have my dogs though. One is the one I "rescued" from the squatches last year on October 26th...he came to me while we were squatching from out of the forest where he had obviously spent the night and likely longer, and would NOT let me leave. Cold, filthy, covered with mud and leaves, tail between his legs, shivering. Literally body blocking my truck...He's a good boy, he KNOWS that there are squatches out there. In fact, it was only a two or three miles from where Madison and I had our FLIR sighting on July 5th. It's a very active area.

I have to be honest, the idea of glowing orbs floating into my camp scares the helloutta me. Squatches, OK. But orbs? Thank you, no. I'll pass.

Depends on what you mean. Base camp is right there with the vehicle. Poking around may be a couple of miles away. Exploring the area may be several miles from "camp"...i.e. if I wanted to take a drive up to the lights in the woods. Then it's another mile or so into that place on foot.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:18 PM, NorthWind said:

.I DO have an EMF detector app on my phone, no idea if it works or not though.

You are soaking in EMF.  Point your phone at your computer monitor.  Wave it around fluorescent lights.

On 8/19/2020 at 10:18 PM, NorthWind said:

LOL Every time her "ghost meter" goes off it startles the living bejeepers outta me!

Ghost meters do well when used indoors. They detect the millamperage current generated by moving air when a 'body' moves and displaces air. Outdoor use in wind / breezes is a challenge. 'Ghost meters' should be operated on a fixed platform away from humans and motor vehicles.  Holding a ghost meter and waving it around will generate false positives. You did not post if the ghost meter was used in daytime or nightime.  Could be fun when it is so dark that you can't see your hand in front of your face and the cold air is still.

Spooky.

Edited by Catmandoo
more text
  • Upvote 1

15 hours ago, NorthWind said:

LOL Every time her "ghost meter" goes off it startles the living bejeepers outta me! I will have my dogs though. One is the one I "rescued" from the squatches last year on October 26th...he came to me while we were squatching from out of the forest where he had obviously spent the night and likely longer, and would NOT let me leave. Cold, filthy, covered with mud and leaves, tail between his legs, shivering. Literally body blocking my truck...He's a good boy, he KNOWS that there are squatches out there. In fact, it was only a two or three miles from where Madison and I had our FLIR sighting on July 5th. It's a very active area.

I have to be honest, the idea of glowing orbs floating into my camp scares the helloutta me. Squatches, OK. But orbs? Thank you, no. I'll pass.

My EMF meter does not beep but just lights up. Yea, I can see how these things can startle you when they light up or beep. I have just started using them in Bigfoot research so who knows how accurate they can be in this type of research. But if you are into the strange happenings then any tool in your arsenal is a good tool in helping in this type of research.

I am not a big believer that there can be a connection between Bigfoot and light orbs. But there have been researchers out there who are reporting it. So there must be some thing to them and a connection to these creatures. I sure have never experience this stuff myself and i sure would like too before I die. What would be cool is to capture one of these balls of light in a glass jar with a lid. You know how we capture fire fly's. I am not if anyone has ever touched these balls of light. Maybe it might be that we are to frighten of what might happen if we did touch them. Well I  am way of track. I hope that have great trip with @Madison5716. May you two have a safe  encounter with these creatures. 

Oh, by the way when my Pitbull had his encounter. This dog spent a whole week curled up in a corner with out eating shaking. He was never the same after that trip.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic