Do any of you camp out in potential hot spots?...

Rod Hunter

It is not that uncommon to hear stories of dogs reacting that way. What do you think it is about a sasquatch that causes a dog to behave in that manner? Its size, an instinctive sense it could easily overpower and kill a pooch, other?

In '98, I believe, my now hiking buddy and one of his friends went into the same basin I've been investigating since 2014 where we've had any number of things happen.   They camped at the highest significant lake, about 6400 feet.    They had a camp visit, wasn't confrontational or anything like that.    A group, exchanging mumbly vocals, crossed the edge of the camp site.   Most stayed there, one broke away and came over to their tent pressing inwards on the fabric.   The dog, think it was the other guy's dog, went to the bottom of a sleeping bag whimpering and wouldn't come out 'til mid morning.   This was a dog that'd been used to track and tree bears, not a coward, but after that night, it was BROKEN.   From that day forward it wouldn't go outside in the dark to pee in its own yard .. in town.   Whatever happened to it, it was something seemingly more terrifying than mere death because it'd faced that countless times chasing bears.

My guess ... infrasound.   It's only a guess.

MIB

• Sad 1

On 8/16/2020 at 5:04 AM, MIB said:

I won't lie, some nights I wonder (real hard) if I've made the wrong choice, but so far I've made it back.   

@MIB what is it or was it that made you have the wrong choice thoughts? 

4 hours ago, MIB said:

In '98, I believe, my now hiking buddy and one of his friends went into the same basin I've been investigating since 2014 where we've had any number of things happen.   They camped at the highest significant lake, about 6400 feet.    They had a camp visit, wasn't confrontational or anything like that.    A group, exchanging mumbly vocals, crossed the edge of the camp site.   Most stayed there, one broke away and came over to their tent pressing inwards on the fabric.   The dog, think it was the other guy's dog, went to the bottom of a sleeping bag whimpering and wouldn't come out 'til mid morning.   This was a dog that'd been used to track and tree bears, not a coward, but after that night, it was BROKEN.   From that day forward it wouldn't go outside in the dark to pee in its own yard .. in town.   Whatever happened to it, it was something seemingly more terrifying than mere death because it'd faced that countless times chasing bears.

MIB

Interesting. That's as good an explanation as any I've heard. Thank you.

8 hours ago, wiiawiwb said:

It is not that u

ncommon to hear stories of dogs reacting that way. What do you think it is about a sasquatch that causes a dog to behave in that manner? Its size, an instinctive sense it could easily overpower and kill a pooch, other?

For some reason I like this guys telling of his encounter and how it ruined his coon dog. 

12 hours ago, MIB said:

MIB

Dogs evolved from Wolves 20k plus years ago in Siberia. 

I think it’s an ancient memory resurfaced. 

• Upvote 1

^^^^ It can be but it isn't always.    Some dogs seem to be fine with it.    Seems to depend on the personality of the dog and the personality of the person in charge of the dog.    The issue is that the last people who are willing to admit their dog might have a problem are the people with dogs who are the most likely have a problem ... denial and defensiveness.   (Kinda of like parents of kids.)    I wouldn't worry as much about a family mutt as I would about a bred and trained protection dog.  

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Confused 1

On 8/25/2020 at 3:31 PM, Somerset said:

@MIB what is it or was it that made you have the wrong choice thoughts? 

If you have some time, watch / listen to the Bigfoot Odyssey interview with Mark Barton.    What if he's right?   He might be delusional, so he might be wrong, but I do not read intentional or knowing deception from him.   So the possibility he's right, no matter how far out his account is, shouldn't be discarded merely because the content is uncomfortable.    What if we are messin' with something other than what we think we're messin' with and we are completely over our heads, outclassed.   Human arrogance doesn't like to consider that .. but we should.   The quickest way to lose is to underestimate your opponent.   We always lose, but we refuse to consider that this "opponent" might have an advantage over us ... again, human arrogance.   Not rational, reasonable approach to the "problem."  

In the back of my mind, I have to ponder "what if ... ?"

... then I have to look for ways to prove or disprove it 'cause I"m too dang foolish to walk away.   What has been seen can't become unseen.   ... or, put another way, I've taken the bait.

MIB

• Upvote 2

I camp alone for a week at a time sometimes in my favorite sasquatch site, and I get lots of activity.  I think they will come around a lone person more easily than a group of people.  They will throw things and hit my tent sometimes at night.

On 8/27/2020 at 2:37 AM, MIB said:

If you have some time, watch / listen to the Bigfoot Odyssey interview with Mark Barton.    What if he's right?   He might be delusional, so he might be wrong, but I do not read intentional or knowing deception from him.   So the possibility he's right, no matter how far out his account is, shouldn't be discarded merely because the content is uncomfortable.    What if we are messin' with something other than what we think we're messin' with and we are completely over our heads, outclassed.   Human arrogance doesn't like to consider that .. but we should.   The quickest way to lose is to underestimate your opponent.   We always lose, but we refuse to consider that this "opponent" might have an advantage over us ... again, human arrogance.   Not rational, reasonable approach to the "problem."  

In the back of my mind, I have to ponder "what if ... ?"

... then I have to look for ways to prove or disprove it 'cause I"m too dang foolish to walk away.   What has been seen can't become unseen.   ... or, put another way, I've taken the bait.

MIB

Thank you i will try and find the Bigfoot Odyssey.

BUT, what was the reason behind that what if thought? I'm guessing it was at night? What was your personal what if? I dont know, its difficult to comprehend here in the UK, there's no what if, there's no noise in the night there's nothing that can change your outlook on life via one fleeting glimpse or far off bone chilling cry 

9 hours ago, MIB said:

Besides being a science guy, I am also a born-again Christian.   A terrible one, worst example you'll ever meet, don't want your view of others tainted by what you know about me, but here I am, that's me.   

MIB

When people ask about my religious affiliation, I tell them that I'm a Baptist, but really bad at it.  I consider myself a Believer, and saved.  But still have a proclivity for whiskey and women that I can't seem to shake.

I too, have struggled with the spiritual implications of if/when alien life is confirmed, and the demonic paradigm of many aspects of the paranormal world.  I've tried to shed my faith during some dark times in my life, but was never able to.  God won't give up on me.

• Upvote 1

@MIB

Thank you for sharing. At some point, all of us have to address the lingering issue why haven't we "bagged one" yet. The longer it persists, the more questions will, or need, be asked. The deeper we need to probe.

If a sasquatch is more than a near-human or close ancestor, it might not only solve the Missing 411 question but underscore the last movie/documentary, Missing 411: The Hunted. <my bold and underline>

Frankly, it is a little unnerving to think about it when you're out in the middle of no where hoping against hope you're big-bore firearm is the great equalizer. Maybe, in reality, it's nothing more than a pea-shooter up against an adversary whose weaponry we can't even imagine.

• gigantor unfeatured this topic