Do any of you camp out in potential hot spots?...

Rod Hunter

@MIB thanks for your reply, very deep.

I can tell you one thing, if i came across the pond and went looking I'd want to go out with someone who believed BF was flesh and blood every time, a paranormal believer would be last on my list as a guide. 

32 minutes ago, Somerset said:

@MIB thanks for your reply, very deep.

I can tell you one thing, if i came across the pond and went looking I'd want to go out with someone who believed BF was flesh and blood every time, a paranormal believer would be last on my list as a guide. 

I would be more comfortable with that answer, no doubt about it, but I'm not absolutely sure it is correct.   There's stuff in the report data that gets filtered out because the groups that publish the reports are trying to "buy" credibility by appearing strictly scientific.    That filtering itself is unscientific.   It creates a misleading picture of what the data really is.    I think we have to follow the data ... wherever it leads, whether we "like" where it is going or not, but few people, other than those who work within those groups, actually know what the data shows.    Because of our discomfort with the topics involved, we are often willing to be mislead if not actively working to participate in misleading ourselves.  

IMHO that's where I come in .. I am willing to look at all of the evidence, not try to hide or bury any of it no matter how uncomfortable the implications of it proving true are, but then I put it under a microscope to try to determine fact vs fiction.    There's a saying, not bigfoot related, roughly translated "people don't want to hear your opinion, they want to hear their opinion coming from your mouth."    Telling a truth, telling THE truth, is not a good way to make friends in the BF world any more than it is regarding politics or religion.    People don't want truth, they want validation.

MIB

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, MIB said:

I am willing to look at all of the evidence, not try to hide or bury any of it no matter how uncomfortable the implications of it proving true are, but then I put it under a microscope to try to determine fact vs fiction.  

Hard to really analyze evidence of paranormal if it’s largely anecdotal.   

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Twist said:

Hard to really analyze evidence of paranormal if it’s largely anecdotal

Fundamentally untrue.    Any body of evidence, anecdotal or otherwise, can be examined for consistency, for apparent patterns of cause and effect, and for alternate explanations.    If none are found, then you have an opportunity to discover something new, you know, do **REAL** science, rather than just acting as an apologist for the current state of science.   If humans did not have the capacity to wonder beyond the bounds of the known, then attempt to test and explore beyond those bounds, the world would still be flat.   Stop being so stodgy, such a stick in the mud.   Look at the things you do know and try to imagine ways to apply them to explore the things you do not.    It may be out of fashion now but it is what we do when we are being the best we can be.

MIB

• Upvote 3

What actual evidence of paranormal activity surrounding BF have you put under a microscope?  I’m genuinely interested in your response and not just trying to further a debate. I am admittedly not a very scientific person so I’d be interested in what you have come across and found.  

Edited by Twist
  • Upvote 2

^^^^ Good question.  

I've looked somewhat into accounts of bigfoot apparently going into a portal and disappearing within plain sight of the witness.    

Step 1 is to separate observation from interpretation.    The observation is that the bigfoot was visible in front of the person, then it was not.   That a portal was involved was interpretation.    Step 2 is to look for similar accounts for comparison.   Step 3 is to note things missing, added, and contradictory.    Step 4 is to ask questions to see if the difference is truly missing or just omitted from the account.    Then try to come up with a theory that accounts for what was observed (rather than the witness interpretation) which does not require paranormal.

In the case of the bigfoot seemingly disappearing into thin air in front of the witness, I do have a theory.   Needs a little more work and  I have not been in a position to test it first-hand.

I've looked into accounts of mind-speak as well.    Similar process, different details.    A more tenuous theory, one I'm not ready to share.

MIB

On 9/3/2020 at 1:59 PM, Moonface said:

What do these 'portals' reportedly look like?

Bit of variety, but generally a blurry ring ... the, uh, "predator effect".    One or two mentioned the center of the ring being clear and what was seen there not jibing with the background outside the ring.    Not sure what to think about that.   The best info I've gotten was from my old research partner.    She said that in the presence of a bigfoot, her vision has never not been sort of wonky.    She described what I imagine a person with macular degeneration perceives .. the peripheral vision is fine, the center is blurred to the point that nothing there is visible.   She said that on two occasions, she was able to turn her focus to the side and see a tall, heavy bipedal figure, but if she tried to look AT it, all she had was a big blurry spot in the center of her vision.   

My theory ... some people might remember my account of a small group of bigfoots, at least 3, entering my camp in mid late August of 2011.   I'm going to say in the 18th - 22nd range.   I was in my sleeping bag and awoke in great distress, thought I was dying.   The relevant part of that to this discussion is it felt like pressure waves moving in the fluid in my eyes.    Based on that and other things, I think I was experiencing infrasound from a young, inexperience, and not very skilled bigfoot.    It was pitch black out, and I was in a tent, but I would bet dollars to donut holes that if it were daylight, I couldn't have seen what was happening around me, I think what was happening was overloading the optic nerves along with the nerves managing motor control of my facial muscles.

I do not, however, consider this paranormal.    I think there is a very logical explanation from physics and medicine .. which I just layed out.    

I hope this is a satisfactory answer.

On 9/3/2020 at 3:15 PM, NatFoot said:

What's the harm in sharing an unproven theory?

I can't answer that without sharing the theory.  

MIB

Edited by MIB
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/26/2020 at 12:09 PM, DaleyWoodbeater said:

Maybe it's wrong to take dogs squatching, if an encounter can potentially be so damaging to their mental health?

My dog smelled the bigfoot that yelled at me.  He flat out refused to walk further, and started growling, which I have hardly ever heard him do.  He's a house dog, always has been.  I inherited him from my neighbor who died, when he was 7 years old.  He'd never even walked on a leash.  I've taken him fishing and camping.  I guarantee you that he'd never encountered a bigfoot before but he knew it was dangerous and there was no freakin way I could drag him further down that beach.  I don't know what he'd do if he smelled on again.  

• Upvote 1

My German shepherd will get in real tight to my side when he feels like these is some thing that he cannot handle. I have trailed walked my dog where these creatures are and he just gets tight and close to me off leash on the trail. Other wise he leads the way on the trail that we walk frequently.

3 hours ago, Madison5716 said:

My dog smelled the bigfoot that yelled at me.  He flat out refused to walk further, and started growling, which I have hardly ever heard him do.  He's a house dog, always has been.  I inherited him from my neighbor who died, when he was 7 years old.  He'd never even walked on a leash.  I've taken him fishing and camping.  I guarantee you that he'd never encountered a bigfoot before but he knew it was dangerous and there was no freakin way I could drag him further down that beach.  I don't know what he'd do if he smelled on again.  

A few years ago, I was in Arizona exploring old mines with my trusty 100 lb Great Dane/Lab mix.  I found a beautiful mine with a nice horizontal shaft and went in about 50' with my companion leading the way.  Suddenly, he stopped and started backing out.  I shined my light up ahead and the shaft was straight for about 100', then made a sharp bend to the left.  I kept going forward and called to my buddy to stay with me.  He reluctantly stayed just behind me.  We approached the sharp bend when he had enough and headed for the exit.

I shined my light around the corner and discovered a pile of javelina bones, then the mine continued about 8', then made another sharp bend to the left.  I called out to my dog and he refused to return, so I got my pistol out and slowly made my way to the second sharp turn and shined my light around the corner.

My light illuminated the largest badger I had ever seen, growling and reluctantly moving away deeper into the mine.  I slowly backed out to safety and apologized profusely to my buddy for doubting him, lol.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

A few years ago, I was in Arizona exploring old mines with my trusty 100 lb Great Dane/Lab mix.  I found a beautiful mine with a nice horizontal shaft and went in about 50' with my companion leading the way.  Suddenly, he stopped and started backing out.  I shined my light up ahead and the shaft was straight for about 100', then made a sharp bend to the left.  I kept going forward and called to my buddy to stay with me.  He reluctantly stayed just behind me.  We approached the sharp bend when he had enough and headed for the exit.

I shined my light around the corner and discovered a pile of javelina bones, then the mine continued about 8', then made another sharp bend to the left.  I called out to my dog and he refused to return, so I got my pistol out and slowly made my way to the second sharp turn and shined my light around the corner.

My light illuminated the largest badger I had ever seen, growling and reluctantly moving away deeper into the mine.  I slowly backed out to safety and apologized profusely to my buddy for doubting him, lol.

Great story. I was waiting for the typical "and before I got further, I took the queue of my trusty dog and didn't go further - I'm convinced it was a Bigfoot lair!"

;)

• Haha 1

• gigantor unfeatured this topic