How many members have seriously looked for Bigfoot in the Pacific Northwest

Bearfoot

MlB, in my opinion you are in the right part of the state. My job back then was doing maintenance on state airports. We had one we called Mckenzie Bridge. Very short runway and grass back then. Remember painting the tires at the ends of the runway and replacing state signs. Also remember the tall trees so close to the runway. Another out of the way airport was in Powers. 

On 7/29/2020 at 6:18 AM, MIB said:

........Yeah, it's a short ways up the Collings Mountain trail.   I'd driven by the trailhead, such as it is (a wide spot by the end of a guard rail), many times but finally went up there in ... I think it was 2015.........

Huh. That's when I was there. January 21, to be exact.

21 hours ago, Bearfoot said:

MlB, in my opinion you are in the right part of the state. My job back then was doing maintenance on state airports. We had one we called Mckenzie Bridge. Very short runway and grass back then. Remember painting the tires at the ends of the runway and replacing state signs. Also remember the tall trees so close to the runway. Another out of the way airport was in Powers. 

That could be a cool job, get you out into some remote areas for sure.

McKenzie Bridge is beautiful.  No, past beautiful, it is flat out incredible.   I love the upper McKenzie River in summer and fall.   That is one of the things I miss after moving from Eugene to the Medford area.  

My mom was raised in Powers.    Grandpa's property was between the two bridges, on the townward side, on a bench above the river but below town level.    I'm not sure it is accessible now without keys to a private gate as it sits river-ward of the old Georgia Pacific plant.

Did you ever go to the Calvert Peak STOLport?   It's BLM, not state, so maybe not.   It's on a ridge above Marial, somewhat west east of Powers, maybe a little north, I think.    It is marked closed now.   I think it was for firefighting.   I can't imagine even a SEAT taking off from there so maybe it was just for spotter planes, don't know.  

Edited by MIB

On 8/4/2020 at 11:02 AM, MIB said:

McKenzie Bridge is beautiful.  No, past beautiful, it is flat out incredible.   I love the upper McKenzie River in summer and fall.  

Absolutely!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 8/4/2020 at 12:19 PM, 100Acre said:

I've looked in the PNW Quite a bit. I've searched in Wa, Oregon, Idaho and Montana

No doubt in a Honda P500...

Welcome!  

• 4 months later...

What self-respecting sasquatcher would not want to be combing the forest of the Pacific Northwest? I'd be thrilled to be there for a weekend much less regularly. It's Mecca and Medina rolled into one.

The rest of us squeeze every last drop of energy, and focus, into areas we have identified as being hopefully productive.  Sometimes it works out but most of the time it doesn't.  Short of the PNW, it's a numbers game. Get out, be active, work the area, and hope for the best.

Thomas Jefferson famously said, "I’m a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."  I agree wholeheartedly.

• Upvote 1