Does hoaxing bother you?

Moonface

Given a negative point for showing an interest in seeing a photo that someone has taken of a BF... on a BF forum?!?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

BFF Patron
16 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

Some of the coolest things I've seen in the woods have been while turkey hunting.  We turkey hunt by going out the previous afternoon and locating a flock, noting what areas they are feeding and traveling in, then seeing where they roost at night.

Then, we pick a spot where we think they will go to in the morning and get there before light, set up a blind, or do a makeshift blind, and set up a couple of decoys.  We are totally camouflaged, head to toe, and stay absolutely still since turkeys can detect the slightest movement at great distances.  Then we just sit there dead silent and motionless until it gets light out and the turkeys (hopefully) fly down to within shooting distance of our hiding spots.

I've had deer walk up to me and sniff my boots, and birds land on my hat.  I've seen cougars stalking deer, and tons of wildlife that never knew I was there.  If I knew of a spot that had heavy BF activity, I would use the turkey hunting method to spot one.

You could be right. Sounds like as good a method as anything.     Strange thing was when the BF blundered into me,   I had no idea the how active the area was.   I did not find that out until I started scouting around the encounter location.   Once I narrowed down the active area,  I could not seem to cause them to blunder into me.        Thinking about it,   I think it was likely that they watched me enter their area, and always had me located when I was there.    I might have made that easier for them by parking in the same location most of the time.  In retrospect I wish I had made the trek to the ridgeline overlooking the creek valley, and set up a high power scope with camera.    During the week they would move around in daylight hours and I had a good chance of seeing them.   I thought I could outsmart them by mixing it up in their valley.    But I did not give them enough credit for their ability to avoid me.   An older juvenile messed with me some to let me know he was there, but never let me get a look at him.   I am glad he never threw anything larger than a small rock.   He was so accurate with that he could have killed me anytime with a larger rock.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@SWWASAS

Most of the time when I believe that there might be a creature watching me in a spot. I will walk right at it and get it to break cover. They will either charge you or run off. But either way you are going to know if there's  Bigfoot there.  Sure it's going to get your heart pumping but how else will you know that you are alive. Even better you know if you are being hoaxed as well. I am sure they are not going to like a 12 up there ying yang .

I have many experiences during turkey season in Michigan. Especially in the evening hunts for some reason. The early morning hunts are not that bad and love getting the toms talking. It is fun watching them fluff out and doing their figure eight thing. I usually never put out decoys and call them out . It is just fun trying to speak like them and bringing them in. All public land hunting too. No wonder hunters have the most encounters since most are alone out in the wilderness on public land.

I'm fairly neutral on this. It can sometimes bring some entertainment.

All part of the fun, or an annoyance that discredits the BF phenomenon?

@Moonface

For myself I cannot be neutral on this. This is not a game. It is real for me. I just cannot dismiss what occurred  or what took placed. All though I did have a witness come back to and say he hoaxed me. But  at the same time there was real evidence that could not be dismissed. I felt betrayed yet I could not dismiss what occurred. So as you can see I am not into this for entertainment . If you are then I am fine with that . There are allot people who are into this for entertainment and it is called ratings like all these T.V. shows  that come out.  You want to talk about industry well there on national T.V. is your entertainment.. That is annoyance and it is not just for us researchers but for these creatures. Now we have people out in the woods copying what they are seeing on T.V. . So who knows if we are even communicating with these creatures or other humans. 

It is impact that most researchers do not need. It impacts on spending for special soft ware just so that we can know if it is human or if it is some thing beyond the human range. Equipment to measure these sounds out in the field so that we are not being fooled. Thermo cameras so that we know what we are seeing out in the field. So are you getting where i am going with this. If there are people hunting these creatures not one of us want to make a fatal mistake. Safety will always be a priority. So the answer to your question  " Does hoaxing bother you ?  Darn tooting it does. 

• Upvote 1

@ShadowBorn, can you explain the bluff charge? Sorry if I missed it in one of your other posts. That would be pretty incredible and too bad you weren't wearing a GoPro. Anyone can correct me but I don't recall a bluff charge report or claim happening anytime recently. If they do that then they are revealing themselves.

You went to investigate a sighting. You found evidence. Incident reporter then told you he was hoaxing you. You still believed BF was there?

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

can you explain the bluff charge? Sorry if I missed it in one of your other posts. That would be pretty incredible and too bad you weren't wearing a GoPro. Anyone can correct me but I don't recall a bluff charge report or claim happening anytime recently. If they do that then they are revealing themselves.

That's when they run at you and stop and go back and leave you alone. A scare tactic. I am sure it must have happened to ya before' No !. So I guess you have time for me to ask me a question. WoW Unbelievable. Are you going to try to investigate me too.

35 minutes ago, NatFoot said:

You went to investigate a sighting. You found evidence. Incident reporter then told you he was hoaxing you. You still believed BF was there?

Natfoot

This happen in 2000 up in Northern Michigan in Foley Swamp. It had to do with a hand print that was dragged across a road. The guy later told me that he faked that hand print. That same night was the night of my first encounter with a creature. We had placed glow sticks across a two track with a can of salmon that we had poked holes in it. As we were all sitting around the fire I seen the glow stick start to move. The guy that faked the hand print decided to investigate it . When all of a sudden we all heard him scream. I mean he sounded with fear in his scream. I grabbed my pistol and his friend grabbed his shotgun and we walked over to where he was. He was frozen in place and barely able to speak saying that there was a creature behind this brush. so i was walked around this fence blocking this two track. I had my flash light in my left hand and my right hand on my pistol ready to un holster it. I did not see what he was seeing . But when i flashed my light across these pines. That's when I seen My first creature. It just stood there sideways to me. You can find my first encounter on the BFF 1.0 and you can bet that I caught hell for it here on the forum. So I do not need the crap all over again. I am always ready for a good fight. The Navy taught me good.That might be why these creatures have some thing for me.    

Edited by ShadowBorn
  • Downvote 1

Not fighting you at all.

For some reason I thought your first sighting was from a tree stand. Thanks for sharing again.

22 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

That's when they run at you and stop and go back and leave you alone. A scare tactic. I am sure it must have happened to ya before' No !. So I guess you have time for me to ask me a question. WoW Unbelievable. Are you going to try to investigate me too.

Natfoot

This happen in 2000 up in Northern Michigan in Foley Swamp. It had to do with a hand print that was dragged across a road. The guy later told me that he faked that hand print. That same night was the night of my first encounter with a creature. We had placed glow sticks across a two track with a can of salmon that we had poked holes in it. As we were all sitting around the fire I seen the glow stick start to move. The guy that faked the hand print decided to investigate it . When all of a sudden we all heard him scream. I mean he sounded with fear in his scream. I grabbed my pistol and his friend grabbed his shotgun and we walked over to where he was. He was frozen in place and barely able to speak saying that there was a creature behind this brush. so i was walked around this fence blocking this two track. I had my flash light in my left hand and my right hand on my pistol ready to un holster it. I did not see what he was seeing . But when i flashed my light across these pines. That's when I seen My first creature. It just stood there sideways to me. You can find my first encounter on the BFF 1.0 and you can bet that I caught hell for it here on the forum. So I do not need the crap all over again. I am always ready for a good fight. The Navy taught me good.That might be why these creatures have some thing for me.    

@ShadowBorn can you point me in the direction of your encounter?  I would like to read it.

19 minutes ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

can you point me in the direction of your encounter?  I would like to read it.

I am sorry to say this but most of the data that was moved from server to server of them doing all this switching of the Bigfoot forum has been lost. At the time when the bigfoot forum was bff 1.0 I was known as julio_12.  Allot people that I know from Michigan have left this forum. They did not like on how forum was going.  I have stayed around since BFF 1.0 . Believe when i say this but there was allot of bickering and hackling over my sighting.  It was way hard to believe at that time what we were encountering. This was when Bipto I believe was on the forum posting. I am sorry if I am off topic.

This is why if a hoaxer is willing to give up his or hers secrets like prints. I want to hear about it and see pictures of their molds. There are things that hoaxers cannot fake on prints and if they do then they are very good at there art.

@NatFoot 

My encounter on the tree stand had to do with that mind stuff. That stuff really creeps me out and what creeps me out even further is when you ask for a knock and you hear it. But what ups that creepness is when you ask for two or three knocks in your mind and you hear it. That's when you know that you are no longer dealing with some thing natural. It freaks me out. How can that be hoaxed ? I mean tell me, really tell me.

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

They will either charge you or run off.

I assumed this was a bluff charge but I guess mistaken. What sort of charge happened?

1 hour ago, ShadowBorn said:

I don't investigate people on a message forum. All I did was point out a guy creating multiple accounts here because he does the same exact thing on FB.  He gets booted from groups for doing the same things and he reappears with an obvious fake account talking about the exact same subject which is hoaxing.

He burns his own bridges so don't feel bad for him.

Edited by Arvedis

6 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

They will either charge you or run off.

You miss quoted  what I said @Arvedis . Here is what I said originally "  That's when they run at you and stop and go back and leave you alone. A scare tactic. " It was a bluff charge and it  was when i first started looking for Bigfoot  in Washnaw county Mi. It happen off a cherry hill road on this hill where i would drive my truck up on it. It was well hidden in the woods. I ad the vantage point on the creature and it was night time . There was a swamp at the bottom of this hill. I must have caught it off guard . All I know that it tried to run up the hill and stop and started to make all this commotion. When I came back with another researcher who i met on the internet we went back to where it happened. The place was all disturbed. That was my second experience with some thing to the effect that it may have been these creatures. https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2953 Now I do have to call a discrepancy on my dates as far as years goes of reporting. It has been a long time since my encounters .  I have never kept records of my encounters. But how can one forget what they experience in there life.  But if people want to be picky oh well.

29 minutes ago, Arvedis said:

I don't investigate people on a message forum. All I did was point out a guy creating multiple accounts here because he does the same exact thing on FB.  He gets booted from groups for doing the same things and he reappears with an obvious fake account talking about the exact same subject which is hoaxing.

He burns his own bridges so don't feel bad for him.

How would you know that this guy has created multiple accounts unless you have admin rights on this server. The same would be with Facebook.  I believe that admin would block this on their server form happening so that people do not have the privilege of creating multiple accounts on the same server. I do not feel bad for him. I would just like to learn.  So that i can better understand the mind of a hoaxer. As to where I stand on these creatures I have no idea on what I am really dealing with. 

2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

You miss quoted  what I said @Arvedis . Here is what I said originally "  That's when they run at you and stop and go back and leave you alone. A scare tactic. " It was a bluff charge and it  was when i first started looking for Bigfoot  in Washnaw county Mi. It happen off a cherry hill road on this hill where i would drive my truck up on it. It was well hidden in the woods. I ad the vantage point on the creature and it was night time . There was a swamp at the bottom of this hill. I must have caught it off guard . All I know that it tried to run up the hill and stop and started to make all this commotion. When I came back with another researcher who i met on the internet we went back to where it happened. The place was all disturbed. That was my second experience with some thing to the effect that it may have been these creatures. https://www.bfro.net/GDB/show_report.asp?id=2953 Now I do have to call a discrepancy on my dates as far as years goes of reporting. It has been a long time since my encounters .  I have never kept records of my encounters. But how can one forget what they experience in there life.  But if people want to be picky oh well.

How would you know that this guy has created multiple accounts unless you have admin rights on this server. The same would be with Facebook.  I believe that admin would block this on their server form happening so that people do not have the privilege of creating multiple accounts on the same server. I do not feel bad for him. I would just like to learn.  So that i can better understand the mind of a hoaxer. As to where I stand on these creatures I have no idea on what I am really dealing with. 

The problem is that to answer your question sufficiently would be too many rabbit holes so i will keep this brief and move on.  It was not my intention to be disruptive to the forum. If you recall, no one knew who The Truth was for a while but he was very persistent with his treatment of Mike Paterson (Toejam on this forum) to the point of annoying obsession [no rabbit holes needed. let's just say whatever Sasquatch Ontario is, it is].  ToddP (Truth, among other names) is off the rails with obsessions about hoaxers, whom he targets and fixates on.  Now he has run out of places to discuss his BF obsession so he creates new aliases wherever he goes with new email logins, whatever it takes.

Edited by Arvedis

Admin
2 hours ago, ShadowBorn said:

How would you know that this guy has created multiple accounts unless you have admin rights on this server.

Because Arvedis reported him,  I checked and the IPs matched...  seriously SB, I don't go around banning people for the fun of it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, gigantor said:

Because Arvedis reported him,  I checked and the IPs matched...  seriously SB, I don't go around banning people for the fun of it.

@gigantor

Like I have said before, I have no problem with the banning. If he called him out and you checked it out there is not a problem. The thing is you could have PM'ed me about this info for security reasons so that he does not try other tactics. But the cat is out of the bag now. A hoaxer will always be a hoaxer. They cannot stop what they do. They will always find new ways to hinder. New ways to upset the community. Any way to rattle the minds of research.

I know that you do not go out ban some one for no reason or for the fun of it. Just like I never place no one on ignore. Moonface has brought up a serious question about hoaxers and my to that is yes they do bother me. Still I would like to know why they do what they do. That is what bothers me. How do we know when a witness is really telling the truth or has hoaxed their own encounters.

Do we video tape them and go back on the tape. So that we can look for those so call tell tell signs of lying.  We all have a tell or a sign of lying.  Hoaxing is different though. That takes time or it can take a few seconds with out one noticing. The hoax can be on beknowing of the witness. It might not even be a hoax but mistaken of it being two humans screaming or knocking at each other. Unknowing that the two are out in the same woods looking for the same thing. One has to waste time making sure that it is not either and rule that out. You can walk for miles , set up cameras at known spot of where people will enter trails. It all takes time to rule out what you are looking for. So when you do find those stick figures , prints , and rock stacks you know  what made them. You are securing your area. Just like when one secures there server or there computer..