Rock Island Armory VRBP-100 12 ga. Bullpup

NorthWind

20 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Better hope that you don't have to go prone with that bad boy...

That's the 19 round mag. It comes with 2 five round ones. Also there are 9 round mags available. But dang, shoots magnum shells and slugs too. Pretty bad@$$ if ya ask me. 

• Thanks 1

Admin

Nice! They also have some others that are interesting as well. I will have to put this on my consideration list. Funny, but I have been thinking about the following over the past couple of months:

From PSA:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/jts-ak-12-ga-18-semi-auto-shotgun-black-m12ak.html

From Kalashnikov:

https://kalashnikov-usa.com/guns/ks-12-t/

On 7/28/2020 at 12:51 PM, hiflier said:

For BF? You're gonna need a bigger magazine ;) 

Uhhh... maybe for King Kong or Godzilla. Maybe.

I think that those new semi auto AR and AK shotguns are Turkish made.  The AR model that I looked at took Saiga magazines and seemed well made.  Not to the standard of a Saiga, but not bad.  

PSA was pushing them recently because they have nothing left to sell.  Their Greenville store is wiped out.  .22s, a few revolvers, a few Shields, some oddball caliber bolt actions... that's about it.

My girlfriend's brother-in-law showed up at a family barbecue the other day to show off his new Tavor TS12 auto-loading bullpup shotgun.  It was pretty cool and has three 5-round rotating magazine tubes rather than a magazine.

tavort12shotgun.jpg

Bit spendy at $1300, though.  I never have warmed up to "tactical" shotguns for self-defense and will be bringing my AR in .450 Bushmaster into the woods tomorrow.

Admin
On 7/31/2020 at 3:42 PM, BlackRockBigfoot said:

PSA was pushing them recently because they have nothing left to sell.  Their Greenville store is wiped out.  .22s, a few revolvers, a few Shields, some oddball caliber bolt actions... that's about it.

Tell me about it. Not sure why they cannot keep stuff in stock, they know there is huge market out there now for firearms. Anyway, just waiting for the PSAK-74 to come out. Was supposed to be out by late June/early July. Obviously not... I hope they are shipping about 10,000 of them as they will go quickly.

Also, I think I have settled on this one:

https://www.classicfirearms.com/lynx-12g-ak-style-semi-auto-shotgun-3-gun/

Really good reviews from everything I have read, and considerably cheaper than alternatives, $400-500 range depending on vendor and sales.

Takes a lot of discipline to not tear someone in half with a shotgun like that if they come in for a home invasion.

The mess and clean up alone may give the impression you didn't reasonably stop firing when the threat was neutralized.

Just something to consider.