Rock Island Armory VRBP-100 12 ga. Bullpup

NorthWind

5 hours ago, VAfooter said:

Tell me about it. Not sure why they cannot keep stuff in stock, they know there is huge market out there now for firearms.

Two things.    One is that huge market.    Lot of people who never have owned guns are buying guns because of the political situation ... Antifa, BLM, riots, etc., plus COVID, fear of people looting to steal food.   My daughter and her BF bought pistol when I was down visiting them ... never had the slightest interest before.    There are many many MANY thousands like them.   Second is COVID, not merely fear driving the market, but also requirements placed on the arms manufacturers for distance between employees which is impossible to do with their current production lines.     In other words, wildy increased demand combined with reduced supply.  

Some personal data points.   There's  rifle I want.   The company is out of upstate New York with their sales crew in Montana and a new plant in Alabama.    All were shut down because the New York facility was shut down for COVID-19 (state mandate) and it supplies parts for guns assembled in all of their plants.    Now they're up and running but with a huge backlog of orders.   I'm in line to get my rifle some time in November or early December.  :(   Another ... as the COVID-19 stuff was starting but hadn't gone full panic, I bought a new .22 target pistol.   Same background check as any other firearm.   That day I was 42nd in line and my background check (NICS ... FBI data) was finished in 40 minutes.    About 3 weeks ago I bought a rifle.   There were 4200-odd people in line ahead of me.    They told me the "instant" checks were taking 7-10 days.   I was lucky, I guess, I only had to wait for 5 days for an "instant" check to finish.  

Those data points demonstrate the incredibly high level of demand along with the reduced level of supply.   

That's just the guns.   Go try to find ammo.   Bwah hah hah ... it's bad.  

But it's not just guns and ammo.    Try to buy camping gear.    Tents.  Backpacks.  Sleeping bags.   Or a canoe or kayak.    One of the local stores has taken out a number of shelf units and moved the remaining ones farther apart so it doesn't look so empty.     Think I know where those $600/week unemployment payments are going ... straight to anything even vaguely "survivalist-y".

Don't panic, stay the course.   One of these days, the credit card, etc bills are going to come due and those people who bought and hoarded thinking they'd make a windfall profit are going to have to start selling at a loss rather than for the vast profit they imagined.  

MIB 

• Thanks 1

Admin

Yeah, I keep forgetting the suppliers are disrupted as well. I do think things will get better eventually. My biggest fear is that somewhere around 3 November things will really hit the skids. And that is as far as I am going with that line of discussion, anything further will have to be in the Tar Pit. So in my mind, I am looking at a deadline of late October or very early November. Not to mention that I have heard from different sources that when PSA announces new stock, they sell out within 30 minutes or so. I suspect this is the case with most other dealers as well, especially for lower priced items. Even Gun Broker does not seem to have as much stock recently as they used to have, say 2-3 years ago.

• Upvote 1

^^^^  From the video:  " looney tunes level shooting".   An Acme dynamite kit may be cheaper to own.

Might need a lot of drywall repair supplies.

Edited by Catmandoo
spelling

But how about the recoil. I bet your shoulder will be hurting at the end of day of just having fun with it. That would be my thing is the recoil. What would be nice is the barrel taking up the recoil and your shoulder not feeling a thing. This way when you pratice with it you not putting ice on your shoulder. I mean you want to be ready if you have an 800lb - 1000lb creature coming at you. You do not want to panic when the time comes so you want to make it second nature hen the time comes, Right ! Just my opinion.