• Topic Attachments

Madison5716

Bad News

Madison5716
Posted (edited)

Hi everyone, 

Just wanted to let you all know that I may be taking a break for a while. I will try to get out in the woods, as I'm able, but on Friday I was diagnosed with breast cancer. Looks like surgery, radiation and chemotherapy may be in my immediate future (I've been referred to all of them). I have a MRI scheduled on August 8th, and I'll be making decisions after that. 

Took my son to the beach today. Really sucks to have to tell your kid that you have cancer. 

20200728_151531.jpg

Edited by Madison5716
  • Sad 4

BC witness

Keep a positive attitude, Madison. I've been fighting that insidious beast for a decade now. I've lost a few parts, but still enjoying life as well as any 75 year old can. I got my first confirmation of a positive prostate test on Christmas Eve 2010. 37 weeks of once a week radiation knocked that down, but 3 years later it showed up in my bladder lining. BCG treatment held that off for a couple of years, rinse and repeat. The 3rd hit in the bladder got into the wall, and started to spread, so I lost bladder, prostate, and a couple of lymph nodes to surgery three years ago. That was a heavy hit, with a long recovery, about 6 months before I was back up to speed. Now I research and hike with my group again, work a part time job 5 days a week that I enjoy, and pays well, and take care of my wheelchair bound wife, who loves to ride with me on my deliveries every day. 

At times the treatments seemed worse than the disease, but once you're through it, you realize that the inconvenience beats the hell out of being dead.

• Thanks 1

wiiawiwb
Posted (edited)

Madison, kindly know that everyone here will be rooting for you and saying a few prayers.  Keeping a positive attitude is always a good thing. You'll get through this and be back in the woods doing the things you enjoy.  Keep the faith and please keep us posted.

Edited by wiiawiwb
  • Thanks 1

Incorrigible1

Madison, my heart goes out to you.  Be strong, and I'm also sending lots of good karma your way.

• Thanks 1

Redbone

Very sorry to hear this news, Madison. You can beat it, but (in my opinion) you need to educate yourself to give the best chance.

I watched a video series a few years ago called "The truth about cancer, a global quest." As one who lost both parents to 'cancer treatment,' I highly recommend it.

They have a website, although I don't know where to find the video online. https://thetruthaboutcancer.com/

I did find the first part of another series they did, on their youtube site, and they have so much more to go through. The Quest For The Cures - Episode #1

In a pinch, I have saved every episode. I keep them on a series of usb sticks

All their youtube vids: https://www.youtube.com/c/thetruthaboutcancer/videos

Good Luck. We are all pulling for you...

Edit... Found it! This is episode 1 & 2, and there may be links to other episodes, but I have not found them yet.

The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest - Episode 1

The Truth About Cancer: A Global Quest - Episode 2

• Thanks 1

Madison5716
8 hours ago, BC witness said:

Keep a positive attitude, Madison. I've been fighting that insidious beast for a decade now.

I am sorry to hear that! ❤ And yeah, I'll happily trade body parts for a few more years.

Thank you @wiiawiwb and @Redbone and @Incorrigible1! You know I will fight.

NorthWind

Of course you know I am willing to do anything to help. Just say the word. And don't feel weird or too proud to ask me. I would do anything for a friend, especially one as great as you are. I am sure I am not alone in telling you that I love you, my friend. Stand strong. 

• Thanks 1

Madison5716

Thanks, NorthWind ❤

gigantor

Kerry,

I'm sorry you have to go through this. You have showed us your toughness and determination and I have no doubt that you will get through this obstacle and come out on top again. I am confident in saying that the BFF family is praying and rooting for you.

bcancer.jpg

• Thanks 1

BlackRockBigfoot

@Madison5716

Jessi and I will be praying for you.  Stay strong.  You got this!

• Thanks 1

Please stay strong on this . I know it might sound a little crazy but it's mental as well as physical .

Stay strong in your mind on this .  Many people have beat this . 

• Thanks 1

hiflier

Madison, my heart goes out to both of you in a big way on this, and you and your son will be in my thoughts from now on. Eat plenty of blueberries and other foods more on the antioxidant/alkaline side to help keep your body's ph level in good fighting condition. Cancers prefer an acidic environment and chemo makes acidic environments worse. Ask you doctor or nutritionist as they should work together to make sure you have adequate nutritional values. You and NorthWind have been an inspiration to me and I just know that a desire for a personal encounter can be a very positive motivation. You have a lot ahead of you to do still, so hang tough. You can do this.

Edited by hiflier
  • Thanks 1

Wolfjewel

Hi Kerry,/Madison,

As a  survivor of breast cancer myself, my heart goes out to you. I’m glad to see other members’ supportive posts including some cancer survivors. When I got my diagnosis a little less than a year ago, I was amazed at how many friends came to my side. Two were survivors themselves who gave me loads of advice re: hospitals, doctors, procedures to avoid, etc. If this happens to you, pick what feels right for you. Only you (and the doctor you feel comfortable with ) are the arbiters of your choices.
Actually, each person’s story will help you hang tough and get thru it. Now I can pass on the compassion and encouragement to you. Go for it, friend. Heal well. We’ll see ya’ around the forum when you are able.
Diane/Wolfjewel 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

BobbyO
SSR Team

Sucks, but you will get through it.

Stay positive Madison..;)

• Thanks 1

JKH

What a great photo of you on a beautiful day, remember they're all beautiful when things get hard. Wishing you the best possible healing process.

• Thanks 1