The Industry of Bigfoot (or, How I became a Hoaxer)

Kent Walker

Well, that was insulting, lol. Makes you wonder if we'll read about him some day trolling the wrong person in the woods, doesn't it? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Madison5716 said:

Well, that was insulting, lol. Makes you wonder if we'll read about him some day trolling the wrong person in the woods, doesn't it? 

Sounds like he stays on the West side of the state.  We're a bit more trigger happy here on the East side and into Idaho.

I don't know if I would shoot a Bigfoot if given the opportunity, due to my morals on taking a life only for self-defense or food.  But I would probably shoot a guy in a Bigfoot suit trying to hoax people, lol.  

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Admin
4 hours ago, Huntster said:

Yeah, but it would have been fun to challenge him on those prints. 

I thought it was a new troll, and that would have been fun. But it turns out he's the same old troll I banned a few weeks back.

Dude's not playing with a full deck, the only time he can count to 20 is when he's barefoot. You would've ended up feeling sorry for him = No Fun.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, gigantor said:

....... You would've ended up feeling sorry for him........

Yeah, I guess I already do.

I sincerely doubt that he has conducted a long term effort of secretly hoaxing evidence.  

He had a real 'look at me!' kind of attitude. People like that don't usually labor quietly...he would have hoaxed one piece of evidence and then been openly gloating over it.  

He may have done a few fake calls while already in the woods, but that was it.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Arvedis said:

Kent is the same guy as The Truth and Todd Prescott.

Note to self, don't get on Arvedis's bad side...

4 hours ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

I sincerely doubt that he has conducted a long term effort of secretly hoaxing evidence.  

He had a real 'look at me!' kind of attitude. People like that don't usually labor quietly...he would have hoaxed one piece of evidence and then been openly gloating over it.  

He may have done a few fake calls while already in the woods, but that was it.

He's been in bigfootery for a while from what I can tell and I think he has an idea about himself as an expert. Everyone else (with the exception of researchers he respects) is beneath him. I never would have noticed him except he created and publicized numerous, repetitive anti-Mike Paterson videos. I'm not aware of him going over the edge like that against other people. So maybe he is losing his grip. That is an unfortunate pattern of some BF researchers. 

Edited by Arvedis
  • Upvote 3

That's the problem with Bigfootery, or whatever you want to call this.  

Nothing is proven, so it's easy to portray yourself as an expert.  Just make crap up as you go along, stay relatively consistent with your story, cite other 'experts' who also make crap up, and you can come off as an authority. 

People think that memorizing and reciting the history of those involved in the search for Bigfoot and other trivia involved with it makes them an expert on the creatures themselves.

I could correctly recite the names of everyone who has ever won the Nobel Prize for physics.  Where they went to school, notable achievements, basic bios...  That does not make me a physicist myself.  That makes me adept at reciting memorized nuggets of trivial information.  When someone begins name dropping researchers, I zone out.  You are not an expert on Bigfoot, you are an expert on other human beings who are also interested in Bigfoot.  

Some of us have our pet theories and sometimes see what we think are patterns in the creatures' behavior, movements, or biological drives.  We can identify commonalities in reported sightings and try to predict future encounters.  Otherwise, we are basically fumbling around in the dark.  If we weren't we would have definitive proof by now.  Anyone who says that they are an expert is full of it.

Edited by BlackRockBigfoot
  • Upvote 2

^ just scrolling through my FB feed for a few years, you can kind of get an idea about who is taking their research seriously and who is just tossing stuff out there. I'll give the BFRO guy a compliment, he really does stick to his baseline beliefs which are very conventional. He is very much within the old school mindset. I think what bothers him is anything outside that box.

Edited by Arvedis

Yeah, but it would have been fun to challenge him on those prints.

I would have loved to see the molds he used to hoax. You should've let him play along to see what we could of gotten out of him. All prints have tell tale signs on them whether they are fake or not. If he made these molds then he was super good as a hoaxer. As a hoaxer and dressed up as a Bigfoot sure i have no problem letting the coyotes eat him as scraps out in the woods. Silence can be done when no one knows that you are there. 

Admin
8 minutes ago, ShadowBorn said:

I would have loved to see the molds he used to hoax.

that's the thing, he hasn't hoaxed anything, he's full of crap.

I can never understand how people with obvious low self esteem find being impolite self rewarding.

Anyway , rant over and I will not honor their wishes and participate.

We do not know that since we never gave him the chance. Where is the proof that this person could be The Truth? How do we really know that he is full of crap ?  If there are hoaxers out there then would it not be good to finally hear from them as well and learn. There have been times out in the field where I believed that I was being hoaxed. That there was no way that what was happening was actually coming from a flesh and blood being. That the only possible conclusion was that I was being hoaxed. It is not until you put your self in extreme danger and not knowing that if you would be coming back that day. That you finally understood the truth.

It not just about n attack on a person who is confessing that could be beneficial. For my self is giving them a chance and hearing them out before coming to conclusions. If there is proof that this is the person who Arvedis has said to be ,then post that proof.  

I don't have the patience for that Shadowborn.  But if you want, you can quiz him yourself. He's already set up a new alias and posted here since yesterday. Or you can find him on FB. He told us who he was by creating a login with his real name Todd Prescott and whether they agree to it or not, Todd's actions as a whole reflect on the BFRO.

• gigantor locked this topic