Opinions on the BFRO?

vinchyfoot

What are the thoughts of some on the BFRO?

It's management?

It's being for Profit model?

It's roll in Finding Bigfoot?

Add any other thoughts to.

• Downvote 1

1 hour ago, vinchyfoot said:

It's management?

Are you a member of the BFRO? Maybe you can explain your role since your question sounds kind of like an insider gripe.

4 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

It's management?

Not a fan. I’m pro kill. Wasn’t any room for me there.

Is Moneymaker really Matt's unfortunate real last name?

Only Matt Hoaxer could be worse.

I like the BFRO.

Their forum is run by paranoid people though.

Or there are just so many nut cases in this interest group that warrant that heavy handedness.

Edited by BlobSquatch
  • Like 1

Admin

I do not care for MM at all, however I think the rest of organization is pretty good. The database is of course, first rate, I just wish they would put the whole database out there rather than selected incidents. As far as I can tell, their researchers are pretty good as well. I am not a member and these are my impressions as an outsider. It will be very interesting to see how it goes if/when the day comes that MM is no longer associated with it and is no longer under his influence.

40 minutes ago, BlobSquatch said:

Their forum is run by paranoid people though.

What forum? There used to be one years ago but I can't find it any longer. Can you provide a link?

The few interactions that I have had with their members were a bit... cringey. 

They definitely seemed to anthropomorphize the creatures and honestly came across as crazy cat ladies who had traded up in their obsession.  Really no way to say that nicely although I don't mean it as an insult.  I could be described as a crazy cat man myself in many ways.  They seemed to be enjoying themselves, though, so there's that. 

Like Norseman, I am pro-kill, which seemed pretty repugnant to the ones that I met.  They also seemed a bit confused about why someone would be involved with Bigfoot research WITHOUT being involved with the BFRO.

Honestly, it seemed like they found a great deal of camaraderie in the group.  It also seemed like many of them were not the sort of people who would normally get out into nature much, so being involved with the BFRO was probably beneficial to them.  

I am working off a pretty small sample size, to be honest.  Between the pro-kill differences and not being much of a follower myself, I doubt that I will have a chance to interact with many more if them.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One of my daughters is a member.

I am not a fan. I do like reading the reports.

They don't want anything to do with me.

Not a believer. Definitely pro kill.

Emily says I don't get a third strike.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

In my book, you get all the strikes you need Patterson-Gimlin.  As many strikes as everyone else until there is proof at hand- bullet or otherwise. The BFRO is not out to prove this creature real to anyone. If they do then they can wave to the Bigfoot and wave good-bye their precious expeditions all in one motion.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, vinchyfoot said:

I am fairly positive about BFRO at a high level as I appreciate their mission and what they are trying to accomplish.  I have read pretty much every report in their DB which has helped guide and focus my understanding of this complex topic.  I thought the show started with great promise but ended up a parity of itself due to the producers and their misguided  understanding of their for viewers and resulting chase for ad revenue.  I have never been on their forum or met a single BFRO member so cannot comment about how they are as a people or organization.  I can say Matt is exactly the type of person I would not get along with so there is no way I would ever get directly involved.

1 hour ago, BlackRockBigfoot said:

Between the pro-kill differences and not being much of a follower myself, I doubt that I will have a chance to interact with many more if them.

I am afraid the not being a follower is enough for my disqualification. 

I see no problem with them....mostly. This place has a lot more freedom though, they’ve always been a little heavy handed. 

Edited by Will

Myself I am very skeptical.  They lose  me when in Rhode Island they have a show of hands at a town meeting and several people there have seen a sasquatch or bigfoot. Possibly Oregon or Washington or anyplace out West but not Rhode Island. Was in the Navy for 2 years there and fished a  lot of the lakes and streams. Wild brook trout yes but bigfoot no in Rhode Island. Just my opinion!

• gigantor locked this topic