Opinions on the BFRO?

vinchyfoot

Admin

11 hours ago, hiflier said:

If memory serves me, MM left California and went to Ohio in the early or mid 1980's to attend law school and get a degree but didn't finish.

22 minutes ago, vinchyfoot said:

He never passed the Bar, just went to Law School

I stand corrected, thank you!

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 5:32 PM, hiflier said:

BFRO? A pipeline to the feds.

At least that is the subject of Isdal's latest harrangue...as a pure "capture and kill" front, it would be a very effective strategy, I must confess. What doesn't jibe with that theory is why would they allow the database of sightings to exist at all?  While Isdal's point is that they are harassing witnesses to keep them quiet, the fact that the details of the sightings are collected, collated, indexed, cross-referenced and published on the internet would seem to be at cross-purpose with the supposed fed suppression effort. 

Edited by WSA

1 hour ago, WSA said:

At least that is the subject of Isdal's latest harrangue...as a pure "capture and kill" front, it would be a very effective strategy, I must confess. What doesn't jibe with that theory is why would they allow the database of sightings to exist at all?  While Isdal's point is that they are harassing witnesses to keep them quiet, the fact that the details of the sightings are collected, collated, indexed, cross-referenced and published on the internet would seem to be at cross-purpose with the supposed fed suppression effort.

But that's the rub. I truly think the suppression effort is aimed at truth of the reality of the creature, NOT the plethora of anecdotal evidence. The point being keep the evidence entirely in the realm of BEING anecdotal. There is enough money at the "top" of the BFRO to have proved BF's existence a long time ago. Is the money generated by Animal Planet targeted to proof of existence. Nope. Is the BFRO targeted to proof of existence? Nope. Is the government targeted to public proof of existence? That would be a big NOPE.

These three entities are best positioned of any to bring the proof of the creature's reality into the public arena. But do they do so? Not as long as revenue can be squeezed out of the subject. Government, especially, has the power to squash information. And like the second line of my signature states: "Knowledge is power, but in truth, holding back knowledge is even more powerful."

Bottom line? None in the aforementioned hierarchy will EVER show solid, irrefutable scientific proof that the Sasquatch is real. And the government will never say yes or no regarding the creature's existence. That's why anyone who finds definite proof of existence has to so careful in how they maneuver any physical or DNA discovery with the aim of presenting it to the public unscathed. This Forum has often held discussions on the subject of disclosure and more and more it would appear that there is too much power and monitoring of ALL information channels to hope for the truth. Can disclosure actually be done? I think so, but the road to it can only be navigated by complete and absolute personal as well as digital silence.

Edited by hiflier

That is the only way those two ideas can be reconciled Hiflier, I agree. As a workable strategy though?  Not at all sure the fed could eat its cake and have it too. At some point the sheer volume of documented information starts to overwhelm the controller’s ability to control. Back channels open up....Isdall seems to be promoting one of his own right now. The willingness of the public to remain  skeptical eventually reaches that proverbial tipping point. The illusion of control always is just that, especially is this suspicious age we live in. 

28 minutes ago, WSA said:

The illusion of control always is just that, especially is this suspicious age we live in.

That may very well be true, WSA. There certainly have been other types of endeavors that favor control as being just that- an illusion. What seems to be the tipping point is when enough people overwhelm a system designed to control the individual? Then when enough individuals (especially when separated by anonymous internet vectors) feel powerless, then the inevitability of peer pressure becomes the the means to keep most of the rest in line.

Back to the BF subject though, one would think that most BF afficionados are pretty harmless being the sources of most of the anecdotal evidence. Only those bent on public disclosure need be a concern, and there's not to many of those types to worry about to keep an eye on. That makes the job of monitoring any risk of BF discovery and possible public disclosure much easier. Especially when most reports and investigations end up involving the BFRO......full circle.

Edited by hiflier

Not a fan of Moneymaker. I put him in the same regard as Todd Standing. There are plenty of ways they can gather evidence, but they both decide to pull the stunts and hoaxes they pull because I do believe that Moneymaker's best so called "evidence" is hoaxed, same with Todd. While they are very passionate about the topic, they are egotistical and both believe themselves to be the be all end all of Sasquatch knowledge. Moneymaker more-so, that man has talked so much BS for so long that he actually started to believe it as truth somewhere down the line. Him aside, the BFRO is a great database of information and sightings map. I just think their founder is full of hot garbage. He thinks of himself as "Bigfoot Jesus" or something, and probably fears the day that Sasquatch are recognized as a living species, because all the mystique will be gone and he won't be able to charge people those ridiculous prices to go hiking with a know it all, grade A ******. I do not doubt the man's passion, he just got greedy and became full of himself over the years.

I want to make it clear that my thoughts on Moneymaker do not necessarily reflect on the BFRO as an organization, and I do not doubt that there are plenty of BFRO members that are genuine and sincere, and all the while sharing the same passion as their fearless leader. I just personally couldn't be affiliated with anything that has Moneymaker's name on it. *Mic drop*

Edited by KronoFury
forgot to drop the mic

Dangling a big fat carrot in front of the public is an art form as old as the hills. Putting a stop to it depends on how fed up the public gets with the practice. In this there is only one way: Get a body or the DNA of the creature. Moneymaker won't do it as long as the cash carrot still dangles profitably. One thing he knows, just like nearly everyone else does, millions have been spent trying to get proof of this creature. Today, though, things are different. There is technology available that is pretty darned cheap where Bigfoot discovery is concerned. And that's why my flags go up whenever I hear the name Moneymaker. Where is his small investment in Bigfoot DNA sample gathering? He runs expeditions to so-called hot spots but I NEVER hear that any of those expeditions get outfitted with DNA kits for sampling the water or soil from the areas the expeditions go to. This, to me, is inexcusable in this day and age. The man is looking worse and worse as a first class, golddigging, purveyor of snake oil.

My opinion, of course, harsh as it is.

14 hours ago, hiflier said:

Dangling a big fat carrot in front of the public is an art form as old as the hills. Putting a stop to it depends on how fed up the public gets with the practice. In this there is only one way: Get a body or the DNA of the creature. Moneymaker won't do it as long as the cash carrot still dangles profitably. One thing he knows, just like nearly everyone else does, millions have been spent trying to get proof of this creature. Today, though, things are different. There is technology available that is pretty darned cheap where Bigfoot discovery is concerned. And that's why my flags go up whenever I hear the name Moneymaker. Where is his small investment in Bigfoot DNA sample gathering? He runs expeditions to so-called hot spots but I NEVER hear that any of those expeditions get outfitted with DNA kits for sampling the water or soil from the areas the expeditions go to. This, to me, is inexcusable in this day and age. The man is looking worse and worse as a first class, golddigging, purveyor of snake oil.

My opinion, of course, harsh as it is.

However harsh, I tend to agree. It's a business, not a research organization.

15 hours ago, KronoFury said:

Not a fan of Moneymaker. I put him in the same regard as Todd Standing. There are plenty of ways they can gather evidence, but they both decide to pull the stunts and hoaxes they pull because I do believe that Moneymaker's best so called "evidence" is hoaxed, same with Todd. While they are very passionate about the topic, they are egotistical and both believe themselves to be the be all end all of Sasquatch knowledge. Moneymaker more-so, that man has talked so much BS for so long that he actually started to believe it as truth somewhere down the line. Him aside, the BFRO is a great database of information and sightings map. I just think their founder is full of hot garbage. He thinks of himself as "Bigfoot Jesus" or something, and probably fears the day that Sasquatch are recognized as a living species, because all the mystique will be gone and he won't be able to charge people those ridiculous prices to go hiking with a know it all, grade A ******. I do not doubt the man's passion, he just got greedy and became full of himself over the years.

I want to make it clear that my thoughts on Moneymaker do not necessarily reflect on the BFRO as an organization, and I do not doubt that there are plenty of BFRO members that are genuine and sincere, and all the while sharing the same passion as their fearless leader. I just personally couldn't be affiliated with anything that has Moneymaker's name on it. *Mic drop*

But... the problem with the BFRO, which does have honest and talented members is... it begins and ends with Monkeymaker at the reigns, and as long as he is, it's a business and lines his pockets until proven otherwise.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In my opinion the show is just a show but, however the way they throw around all their "facts" such as "bigfoots are nocturnal" and other things when nothing is really for sure as bigfoot are elusive and there's plenty of daylight sightings and encounters to counter that statement. Moneymaker comes across as obnoxios, and just seems to be full of himself.

Appreciate the website, its informative with its reports and tips for collecting evidence. Don't know much of the organization or it's membership. I guess they do what they can to pay the bills...

On 8/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, hiflier said:

If memory serves me, MM left California and went to Ohio in the early or mid 1980's to attend law school and get a degree but didn't finish. 

He did finish law school. He has a Juris Doctorate degree from the Akron School of Law (Ohio). He's not licensed to practice law in most states because did not sit the bar exam. He only went to law school because his family (father mostly) "expected" him to become a lawyer. His father was a lawyer, and I think , his sister (?). My memory of our conversation at Harrison is a little foggy LOL.

Admin

I thought that I had seen somewhere, sometime ago, that he had a JD, but then could find no reference to it when folks said he did not finish. So I figured just another case of faulty memory on my part. To go through all that trouble to get a degree and then not take the Bar seems pretty unusual. I figure the Bar is a pain to take as well.

16 hours ago, Camper said:

In my opinion the show is just a show but, however the way they throw around all their "facts" such as "bigfoots are nocturnal" and other things when nothing is really for sure as bigfoot are elusive and there's plenty of daylight sightings and encounters to counter that statement. Moneymaker comes across as obnoxios, and just seems to be full of himself.

You should have the crap he posts to twitter, if he knows so much about them, where's the proof? They are but a business.

6 hours ago, Outkast said:

Appreciate the website, its informative with its reports and tips for collecting evidence. Don't know much of the organization or it's membership. I guess they do what they can to pay the bills...

They don't publish all the reports just the ones that support their narrative, one has to wonder about that. If they attempt to control that narrative, why? I think it's to keep the money coming in.

3 hours ago, VAfooter said:

I thought that I had seen somewhere, sometime ago, that he had a JD, but then could find no reference to it when folks said he did not finish. So I figured just another case of faulty memory on my part. To go through all that trouble to get a degree and then not take the Bar seems pretty unusual. I figure the Bar is a pain to take as well.

You still would think he would try though after all the time and money put into it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 8/29/2020 at 11:20 PM, Camper said:

This, definitely. If Moneymaker hears the wind blow then he is all "That was a Sasquatch, I know that for a 100% fact. They like to mimic the wind, and  if you listen closely, you can definitely tell that is isn't actually the wind, but a Squatch making that sound. Its a well known fact. I know everything there is to know on this species, even though they have never been truly discovered, nor has a specimen every been found, and are yet to be recognized by science as an existing species."

On 8/30/2020 at 10:53 AM, VAfooter said:

Copy that! I've taken two in my life, the Commonwealth's being one of the larger P.I.T.A. s I've had to deal with in my career. I might prefer to be munched by a Squatch rather than take another. The Mrs. has sat for the bar exam in three states...which should be illegal. 

• gigantor locked this topic