Janice Carter

I've been unable to find again where I read that someone caught her ripping off her "Bigfoot language" from a book on Native American language. Was what I read accurate and/or did Janice ever end up confessing? Anyone know? Thanks.

Edited by WTB1

Someone, I don't remember who, purported to have found a book on Native American languages in the local (to where Janice lived) college library that had the verbatim list that appears in her book as Bigfoot language.

Someone also claims to have done an investigation on site, and interviewed neighbors, all of whom claimed to know nothing about any Bigfoot creatures living in the area, and cast serious aspersions on Janice Carter's veracity.

It may have been the same person who found the book, I don't recall.

Hope this helps, a little.

With all the disparity she and her book seemed to cause in this community, there are still a few of her claims that stick in my mind that will likely be proven someday if bigfoot exists.

The old BFF was known for hanging up someone for a punching bag. MM comes to mind. I hope we can get past doing that on the New BFF. Not saying that was the intent of this thread.

Guest TooRisky

I've been unable to find again where I read that someone caught her ripping off her "Bigfoot language" from a book on Native American language. Was what I read accurate and/or did Janice ever end up confessing? Anyone know? Thanks.

I don't know this person... But why do you think BF, if they can speak, would not have at least a root form of the Native American language...??? The Yakima Nation here in Washington has said that that would trade with BF and had a crude language with them...

Guest RedRatSnake

I used to talk to Janice in the Blog talks and she was always a very nice person to chat with and always polite even when folks would try and rip her up, maybe or maybe not she had BF living around her like she said but one thing for sure is she has a good knowledge of the entire subject and it's history.

I used to talk to Janice in the Blog talks and she was always a very nice person to chat with and always polite even when folks would try and rip her up, maybe or maybe not she had BF living around her like she said but one thing for sure is she has a good knowledge of the entire subject and it's history.

I've emailed with Mary Green in the past (she co-wrote 50 years with Jan) and found her to be really nice and friendly too.

Guest RedRatSnake

I try not to get into the who is or was hoaxing hating stuff very much cause the world is filled with folks that want a piece of the action no matter what the subject, in this BF thing so far no one has put forth a specimen so in my eyes everyone is pretty much camped out in the same spot and until some one bags a bf no one got anything over anyone else cause we are all still waiting for that big day and it's anyones game ~ :)

The old BFF was known for hanging up someone for a punching bag. MM comes to mind. I hope we can get past doing that on the New BFF. Not saying that was the intent of this thread.

In certain cases you are correct. But MM caused his own misery at the old forum, I was a member there starting in 2003 and I recall some of his posts.

(Sorry for the minor derailing of the thread.)

I've spoken with Mary G by email and she has been very friendly and helpful. I say the in-fighting and mud throwing make us look worse than any individual can. Hopefully the new owners will bring some of the players together and start a dialog between some of the groups and their memberships. If people from BFRO and the other groups can come here and behave, and vise versa for this bunch, I think it would be a good thing.

Has the steering committee membership been posted?