Janice Carter

Admin

Apparently, Janice has a buddy at the Chattahoochee Bigfoot Blog....

post-24-026166900 1285430212_thumb.jpg

I spoke with my good friend Janice Carter (pictured above) yesterday and the topic of a "warrior class" existing within the bigfoot community arose. Now take note, I am not refering to the bigfoot community speaking of researchers and enthusiasts; I am speaking directly of the bigfoot themselves. Janice has been a center of attention for bigfoot activity all of her life but some greater head-way was made a few years back when she co-authored the book, "50 Years of Bigfoot: Tennessee Chronicles of Co-Existence".

During one of lengthy conversations, the possibilities of bigfoot-type creatures having a "warrior class" built into their society arose in my mind. She stated most certainly that they did! Imagine that.

In fact, she said that they bigfoot warriors are akin to that of the Cheyenne Dogmen of times past. Also, that particular class of bigfoot doned themselves with face paint that was somehow mixed in a small vessel in the shape of an egg. The inside was hollowed out and the make-up applied with a skinnier more beveled stone directly to the face and body.

Additionally, she stated that they also used homemade weapons like flint-tipped spears, bolos, and the like.

It seems like Janice Carter knows more about the BF culture than anyone on the planet. It kinda makes you wonder, doesn't it?

It kinda makes you wonder if she isn't borrowing this information from books on Native American culture.

Hmmm...

Off Topic: I believe the full committee is still being selected and hammering out the details of their responsibilities, how the interact with members, Forum Staff, other organizations, etc. When it's ready, I'm sure an announcement will be made publicly.

Apparently, Janice has a buddy at the Chattahoochee Bigfoot Blog....

post-24-026166900 1285430212_thumb.jpg

I spoke with my good friend Janice Carter (pictured above) yesterday and the topic of a "warrior class" existing within the bigfoot community arose. Now take note, I am not refering to the bigfoot community speaking of researchers and enthusiasts; I am speaking directly of the bigfoot themselves. Janice has been a center of attention for bigfoot activity all of her life but some greater head-way was made a few years back when she co-authored the book, "50 Years of Bigfoot: Tennessee Chronicles of Co-Existence".

During one of lengthy conversations, the possibilities of bigfoot-type creatures having a "warrior class" built into their society arose in my mind. She stated most certainly that they did! Imagine that.

In fact, she said that they bigfoot warriors are akin to that of the Cheyenne Dogmen of times past. Also, that particular class of bigfoot doned themselves with face paint that was somehow mixed in a small vessel in the shape of an egg. The inside was hollowed out and the make-up applied with a skinnier more beveled stone directly to the face and body.

Additionally, she stated that they also used homemade weapons like flint-tipped spears, bolos, and the like.

When I read reports such as this, my confidence in Carter sinks rapidly. Possibly she had encounters, but is also delusional. A warrior class is really unbelievable, which discredits all of her reports. Are we throwing the baby out with the bath water?

Guest vilnoori

I try not to get into the who is or was hoaxing hating stuff very much cause the world is filled with folks that want a piece of the action no matter what the subject, in this BF thing so far no one has put forth a specimen so in my eyes everyone is pretty much camped out in the same spot and until some one bags a bf no one got anything over anyone else cause we are all still waiting for that big day and it's anyones game ~ :)

You said a mouthful. Exactly.

Admin

First time I have ever heard that. At most maybe a tree branch to use as a club. Any other stories anywhere that might vouch somewhat for these claims? :blink:

Guest RedRatSnake

If your on the BF is an ape wagon then this should be interesting in some way ~ :)

News out of Africa about chimpanzees fashioning and using tools has a direct impact on a recent debate about Bigfoot.

weapons

When I read reports such as this, my confidence in Carter sinks rapidly. Possibly she had encounters, but is also delusional. A warrior class is really unbelievable, which discredits all of her reports. Are we throwing the baby out with the bath water?

Well, it really does make it hard to add any credence to other reports from a person who makes claims like this. Take into consideration the inability to verify any of the more mundane claims, and the more elaborate claims connected to the "warrior class" claims make it all the more incredible. Not that her earlier claims are really mundane, I find them fairly fantastical, just mundane in comparison to the warrior class claims. So I guess it is tossing the baby out with the bath water, but what is the alternate choice? Accept it all at face value? Because that is all we have from this person to date. It is all anecdotal at best. I don't know this person, have never met her, and have never corresponded with her. I only know what I have read. If anyone has an insight as to the claims made, please share. I just don't know what is going on with this lady and would really like to know.

Well, it really does make it hard to add any credence to other reports from a person who makes claims like this. Take into consideration the inability to verify any of the more mundane claims, and the more elaborate claims connected to the "warrior class" claims make it all the more incredible. Not that her earlier claims are really mundane, I find them fairly fantastical, just mundane in comparison to the warrior class claims. So I guess it is tossing the baby out with the bath water, but what is the alternate choice? Accept it all at face value? Because that is all we have from this person to date. It is all anecdotal at best. I don't know this person, have never met her, and have never corresponded with her. I only know what I have read. If anyone has an insight as to the claims made, please share. I just don't know what is going on with this lady and would really like to know.

She may have a hard time with reality and mixed delusions with real life BF events.

Edited by georgerm

I've been unable to find again where I read that someone caught her ripping off her "Bigfoot language" from a book on Native American language. Was what I read accurate and/or did Janice ever end up confessing? Anyone know? Thanks.

The name of the book in question was a historical novel called "Ride the Wind" by Lucia St. Clair Robson. It had a dictionary section at the back with native american words in it.

The chapter in question was said to be identical to the one in Janice's book. I did see Janice's book, but did not see a copy of "Ride the Wind". I have no idea if they are actually identical.

People on the old BFF claimed that they were.

Here ya go ~ Dog :)

Carter Farm

Thanks for the link RRS, I've read Jerry's article and various other postings regarding her claims. When I say I would like to know what is going on with this lady, it is strictly from a psychological point of view. She seems sincere in her telling of the stories and accounts, but there is a great underlying factor of delusion at play in my opinion. Like Georgerm suggests, there appears to be a muddling of reality and delusion going on with her. She may have actually had some sort of interaction with something, and the only way she can explain it is Bigfoot. For all we know, she could be feeding and interacting with a bunch of homeless people and in her mind they are these creatures. For that matter it could all be in her head. If someone had done an extended observation of the Carter Farm, you would think that even if it were homeless folks, they would eventually show up. I myself am leaning to the delusional side of the coin, rather than an out and out hoax.

Guest RedRatSnake

Ok i got ya :) Ya with no proof to back anything up at all ya got to think there are some wires crossed in there for sure, some great reading if i do say so myself and there has always been the feeling that she was taking about something real what ever it is or was, even after all the hoax stuff came out she stuck with her story and talked like it really happened to her and even was coming up with new ways to interact with the BF people, i felt kinda sad sometimes and just didn't like people being so mean cause thats one of the problems here ya just don't know if someone is sick or has a handicap, best to just go with it and figure it out for your self ain't like it is going to hurt ya even if it is a bunch of BS.

I like your style Dog :)