Mark Barton's Terrifying Encounter

Explorer

I feel bad for the guy but I also think he may have been emotionally weak and opened himself up to the psychic sasquatch element. I call it that because any time "the masters" are mentioned, the discussion goes down the rainbow skittles highway. The masters or "ascended masters" are very old news yet continue to be hip with new age crowds at Mt. Shasta and that kind of thing.

He got into skunk ape search as a distraction a few years ago when he lost his wife. So maybe there is something else than Mt. Shasta spirits causing commotion in his head. I hope he recovers his sanity in good working order.

Edited by Arvedis

• 3 weeks later...

It has been almost 4 months since I checked the "Trail to Bigfoot" YouTube page, and went in yesterday to check if Chris had anything new to say with regard to Mark's event.

He posted a couple of YouTube videos in Oct. 24 and 25, 2020 whereas he claims that weird phenomena followed him home after one of his field trips (and after Mark's event). 

It is not clear from the video if he went to the location of Mark's incident or to some other location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRq4N3jiEPs

It seems that Chris is spooked about going back to the Green Swamp at night and doing the same field research he used to do.

In these videos he says that he might instead go to Georgia and research different locations for longer period of time.

In follow-up videos in late November, he is back in the Green Swamp with his wife during day time hiking in a trail. That is good; he needs to get rid of that fear.

It appears that he really likes this hobby and does not want to give it up.

It appears that the paranormal intrusions (experienced by him and colleagues) and the mental meltdown of his research buddy is an inconvenience that he did not want and he is still struggling with how to deal with it while continue doing field research.

If you don't want to listen to his 1 hour of rambling with his sister (Betty) about how to proceed (shown on the 2 videos from October), then one of his comments on the YouTube page is very revealing and provides a good summary (extract posted below). 

Trail to BF comment from Chris - December 2020.JPG

Edited by Explorer

On 12/23/2020 at 11:35 AM, Explorer said:

It has been almost 4 months since I checked the "Trail to Bigfoot" YouTube page, and went in yesterday to check if Chris had anything new to say with regard to Mark's event.

He posted a couple of YouTube videos in Oct. 24 and 25, 2020 whereas he claims that weird phenomena followed him home after one of his field trips (and after Mark's event). 

It is not clear from the video if he went to the location of Mark's incident or to some other location.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRq4N3jiEPs

It seems that Chris is spooked about going back to the Green Swamp at night and doing the same field research he used to do.

In these videos he says that he might instead go to Georgia and research different locations for longer period of time.

In follow-up videos in late November, he is back in the Green Swamp with his wife during day time hiking in a trail. That is good; he needs to get rid of that fear.

It appears that he really likes this hobby and does not want to give it up.

It appears that the paranormal intrusions (experienced by him and colleagues) and the mental meltdown of his research buddy is an inconvenience that he did not want and he is still struggling with how to deal with it while continue doing field research.

If you don't want to listen to his 1 hour of rambling with his sister (Betty) about how to proceed (shown on the 2 videos from October), then one of his comments on the YouTube page is very revealing and provides a good summary (extract posted below). 

Trail to BF comment from Chris - December 2020.JPG

Just as a recap, naïve Bigfoot searchers spin off thousands of hours of meaningless footage, aka podcast. In the process of boring everyone, including themselves, they apparently succeed in upsetting the skunk apes that dwell in that corner of a Florida swamp.  BF decides to send a message and mind slaps the weak one, causing his mind to break and have to physically retreat.  Grounded, ex-military man gets a a cold touch on the leg in his home that even by his own skeptical standards was a paranormal event.

But, ex-military man's reaction is simply to change search location.  Maybe a different kind of Bigfoot can be encountered?  Seems like this is a situation of clear proof of the encounter, even if it is personal and without tangible evidence.  The "researchers" in this case had direct contact with what they think is BF and the result was the complete opposite of a f&b encounter. How much more obvious does it need to be that the thing they are searching for is not going to allow itself to be found except on its own terms?

Edited by Arvedis

@Arvedis

I have no idea what Mark ran into.  

I don't think it was skunk-ape or bigfoot related.

Of interest, however, is that Mark and Chris have been looking for skunk-apes and instead ran into this weird paranormal phenomena.

Are they related? Or is one phenomena (that is completely independent and unrelated to BF) using BF as a deceptive ploy to lure in the researchers?

The case itself is just a story with no physical evidence, but I find it of interest as maybe a piece of the larger puzzle or a potential signal within the noise.

Deception has been mentioned before within the BF research community and within the alien abduction community.

Like in intelligence gathering, I am not ready to throw it in the trash and will keep it in the gray basket. 

I also find it fascinating how BF researchers react to anomalies like this that don't follow their expected paradigms.

@Explorer There always has to be room for doubt. I actually have not dived into all the minutia of the Fla swamp events, just the outcomes, but it seems everything that Fla research team did was intrusive to the habitat. Otherwise, it was an unprovoked response from the entity (or whatever definition applies). Mark's experience and mindjackery is an unpleasant area of research. Though, not all entity encounters are hostile. They are possibly just generally curious as your encounter a while ago at skinwalker ranch shows.

On 11/21/2018 at 3:31 PM, Explorer said:

BTW, with regard to Skinwalker ranch, I have camped on that ridge twice.  One year nothing happened, but on another year a self illuminated blue orb hovered over me at 45 degree angle.  It just appeared and disappeared with no motion. It lasted between 30 sec and 1 minute long.  I don't know what it was but it did nothing but watch or monitor us.  There were 2 other witnesses.  Many of the weird claims about that place are real (not based on my account but also based on colleagues who have investigated the place for last 10 years).  But nobody really knows what is going on.

When I visited the area, I was fully aware of the blue orb story with the dogs but also aware that no human has ever been physically hurt there.  However, when I saw the blue orb I felt no fear or dread.  I was just amazed and perplexed; like a deer in front of headlights. I was alone on base camp and the other two guys were on a hill about a 0.5 mile away and they could see the orb closer to my position.  They were screaming and hollering in the walkie-talkies all excited, but I was calm.  Whatever this thing was, it did not make a threatening move towards me.  In the long list of stories about the ranch, mine was boring.  One of the two guys who went with me claims to have had hitch-hikers (or whatever that phenomena is) follow him home,  but he is fully immersed in that investigation (while I am not) and has more bizarre encounter stories.  I have never experienced that, and don't want to.

Edited by Arvedis

On 12/27/2020 at 12:44 AM, Explorer said:

@Arvedis

I have no idea what Mark ran into.  

I don't think it was skunk-ape or bigfoot related.

Of interest, however, is that Mark and Chris have been looking for skunk-apes and instead ran into this weird paranormal phenomena.

Are they related? Or is one phenomena (that is completely independent and unrelated to BF) using BF as a deceptive ploy to lure in the researchers?

The case itself is just a story with no physical evidence, but I find it of interest as maybe a piece of the larger puzzle or a potential signal within the noise.

Deception has been mentioned before within the BF research community and within the alien abduction community.

Like in intelligence gathering, I am not ready to throw it in the trash and will keep it in the gray basket. 

I also find it fascinating how BF researchers react to anomalies like this that don't follow their expected paradigms.

I can't remember if I said this via PM to another member or posted it in a thread...but, after spending time investigating Bigfoot in the south,I have zero doubt that there are some other paranormal phenomena going on.. at least here.  We don't seem to get the 10 or 12 foot forest giants with accompanying large prints like they do in the Pacific Northwest.  We seem to get smaller, albeit stranger activity.

That's why it doesn't bother me when researchers who mostly operate out of the northwest kind of dismiss the more paranormal aspects of the Bigfoot phenomenon.  It doesn't seem like they encounter that sort of activity to the degree that many do in the south.  Heck, I've experienced some of it and I am still not sure what I believe.  

i also think that is why a lot of researchers in this region go off of the deep end with these elaborate and seemingly crazy stories...like these guys with their 'masters' and Scott Carpenter with his talk about the Nephilim.  I think that they can't stand the mystery of what they are possibly experiencing and their minds just fill in the blanks to give themselves some sort of comfort.

Whether this paranormal stuff is related to, caused by, or just occurs in close proximity to traditional Bigfoot activity...I honestly don't know.  I think that a lot of the Class B reports may involve this sort of paranormal activity as opposed to being caused by Bigfoot. 

I think that people automatically conflate the different types of phenomena into Sasquatch activity due to the fact that is what people have conditioned themselves into expecting in the forest.  If they were in a home or building and heard strange moans/growls, smelled strange odors, saw shadows, heard voices in their mind, or had objects mysteriously thrown at them...they would be calling an exorcist.  But, if that sort of thing happens in the woods they instantly default to Bigfoot as the cause.  

My initial reaction to stories like Mark's is disbelief...just because in my experience the phenomena seem to (if anything) work to confuse you.  It is more subtle and too tricksome to just come out and beam these elaborate answers into someone's head... unless it is purposely trying to make them crazy.  

Who knows?  Maybe it's all true and I have just experienced the tip of the iceberg as far as weird stuff goes?

I will say that he is going to the wrong place if he is looking to escape strange phenomena.  North Georgia has the absolute strangest spot that we have ever investigated.  If he is having this level of bizarre stuff happen in Florida, he might want to steer clear of Georgia for research.  Maybe check out the Louisiana/Texas border region.

• 3 months later...

Heckava rabbit hole. Mr Barton experienced something. Self induced or otherwise. Years of research may have created a irreversible neurological event. Hardcore.