Bigfoots and Forest Fires

Madison5716

4 hours ago, Doug said:

The forest fires prior to the forties were huge compared to now. I think that the reason is because there were not as many people in the area and there was no way to effectively fight the fire. 

A person would have to research the volume of logging prior to and after the forties. Logging, by the 'view makers' as Norcal logger put it,  creates clear cuts which are fire breaks for 'ladder' type fire propagation from tree to tree in an explosive manner. Clear cuts would still have fuel on the ground to burn but not as ferocious.

17 hours ago, Doug said:

I saw a chart that showed large forest fires in Oregon. The forest fires prior to the forties were huge compared to now. I think that the reason is because there were not as many people in the area and there was no way to effectively fight the fire. 

I saw a similar chart, see attached image from ODF.

I was looking for wildfire statistics in OR and CA, but realized that the databases have issues.

Some databases report wildfires only from the state jurisdiction.

But to understand the whole picture, we have to look at all acreage burned from both State and Federal jurisdictions.

For the ODF chart attached, it is not clear what is missing or what is excluded from "ODF Protected" Areas.

I took a look at all the CAL-Fire reports from 2008-2019 and they provided data for non CAL-Fire jurisdictions (which includes USFS, BLM, NPS, USF&WS, etc.).

The non CAL-Fire jurisdiction wildfire acreage averaged about 68% of total acreage over last 12 years; thus it needs to be included to see the whole picture.

According to the CAL-Fire website, data before 2008 is not consistent or use same basis.  Thus, they don't provide it for comparison.

There must be better sources for consistent data, but I have not dug into it.  I am sure forest fire researchers in academia have tackled this data issue and have better databases.

The chart below shows the total acreage burned from wildfires in CA for last 12 years and compares the year to date acreage burned to the 12-year average (with 95% confidence bands).

It certainly shows that this year is way beyond the 12 year average and is alarmingly high.

Oregon DF-century-fire-history-chart.JPG

CA Fires Statistic.jpg

Admin

Usually we don't allow politics on the general forum, however, this issue is too important.  :lol::lol::lol:

• Haha 1

I think he just spilled the beans! There is no way that the government is not acting on this. They won't tells because they can't, but it will all come out and it won't be pretty.

On a serious note, if sasquatches follow the game animals, finding if they, the game animals, follow a migration route from the fires or if they just run in all directions would be helpful. The Fish and Game Commission my have data on that.

Edited by Doug
  • Haha 1

TO THE BAT CAVE!!! ;) Which I think any reasonably experienced Bigfoot would go with whatever clan it was with because these creatures HAVE to know where the caves are in their habitat. Especially if in non-fire situations they could chase animals toward them and trap them inside? Or go there in seasonal temperature/weather extremes of Summer and Winter. I mean, why would any intelligent primate who knows their territory expose themselves to such environments as 100 F above or -10 below with 4 ft. of snow and dangerous wind chills?

hiflier, Washington State is 'cave poor'.  Some lava tubes.  Going to caves is a possibility. Going to water sources is a necessity. They could temporarily  hang out in bodies of standing water, up to their necks, and continue with Sasquatch games like 'bobbing for campers' to pass time.

• Haha 1

BFF Patron
5 hours ago, gigantor said:

These fires would be alarming if they were triggered naturally, but there have been many arrests of "people" starting the blazes. These are acts of domestic terrorism.

The State of Oregon is adamently denighing that people are setting the fires.   But there has been no lightning and the fires started,  so someone is.   Other that one crazy person yesterday that was caught twice, arrested yesterday for setting a fire, released by a judge, then arrested again early this morning for setting three fires,   and another in Southern Oregon there have been no arrests that I am aware of,   just State denials.  

Edited by SWWASAS
  • Thanks 1

The first few fires started "naturally" due to lightning, woodcutting, etc. and then the agitators from the cities who got tires of burning cars and police stations saw just how devastating the fires were to rural folks and decided to help things along.

Just had another one started near where I went squatching a couple of weeks ago...

https://pullmanradio.com/latah-county-sheriffs-office-seeks-publics-help-regarding-suspicious-brush-fire-north-of-moscow/

Luckily it was in a pretty lush area and didn't get out of control.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

On 9/13/2020 at 11:42 AM, SWWASAS said:

The Oregon State Fire Marshal resigned yesterday.    That tells me you are very correct.    With the numberr of dead and missing stacking up,   any mismanagement is going to get some jail time.  

The reason for the resignation had nothing to do with fire risk management, response coordination, or fire fighting. My hat is off for the former fire marshal.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/12/state-fire-marshal-administrative-leave-oregon-wildfires-burn/5779724002/

1 hour ago, Huntster said:

The reason for the resignation had nothing to do with fire risk management, response coordination, or fire fighting. My hat is off for the former fire marshal.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/story/news/politics/2020/09/12/state-fire-marshal-administrative-leave-oregon-wildfires-burn/5779724002/

Wow.

Yeah.  Kudos to that guy.  

16 hours ago, PNWexplorer said:

The first few fires started "naturally" due to lightning, woodcutting, etc. and then the agitators from the cities who got tires of burning cars and police stations saw just how devastating the fires were to rural folks and decided to help things along.

And you know this how exactly? 

The FBI certainly doesn't agree with your claim... Why are you anti-FBI?

https://www.fbi.gov/contact-us/field-offices/portland/news/press-releases/fbi-releases-statement-on-misinformation-related-to-wildfires

Edited by OldMort
  • Upvote 2

It’s in the 40s and has been pouring down rain last night and this morning. Wyatt and I packed light, as it’s been so hot and dry. So we are bunkered down in the camper. Surprised I have service here. Hopefully the rest of the PacNW is getting this too!

5E290D97-1B85-4DDD-B6BD-CE74F75F0D7E.png

• gigantor unfeatured this topic